Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

Nothing really with ray tracing consoles  right around the corner.

You have 3 options

1. 2080 Ti now,  you’ll be set for awhile,  but cost is too damn much

2. 5700 XT or GTX 2070 Super now,   sell  it when new GPU Series is a month away,   buy that new series GPU

3. Wait for new series GPU

So this new PC has 7 usb ports on the back.

4 of them are SS usb, one is a type C.  :ben: So far all my equipment is just regular USB, so I've got mouse and keyboard in the back and had to put dualshock and headphones in the front ports.

Looking around I can't seem to find shit to fit the ss ports? where can I get a controller for dualshock/xbox that supports SS? or even a keyboard. I'm not upgrading the mouse or headset because I just bought them last year and they were pricey.

Edited by TLHBO

The super speed ports don't have an effect on regular peripherals, and anything that works with regular USB ports will work with them. Storage devices like flashdrives or external hard drives will have faster transfer speeds when plugged into those ports, but AFAIK thats really the extent of their benefits.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The super speed ports don't have an effect on regular peripherals, and anything that works with regular USB ports will work with them. Storage devices like flashdrives or external hard drives will have faster transfer speeds when plugged into those ports, but AFAIK thats really the extent of their benefits.

No nothing fits at all. I’m gonna need to replace half my shit with a type c end it seems

49 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nooooo. If all you need is more regular USB ports than just get a USB hub

example: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+hub&qid=1571356163&sr=8-3

Yeah, just do this. I had to go this route on my laptop for years and it's not a problem at all.

I'm really curious what the ports are, though. SS labeling is just an alternative to the blue receptacle that traditionally denotes a 3.0 port and the port itself is backwards compatible with 2.0 and 1.1 devices. Type C is technically SS+, but you'd never list it as that.

Do you know the motherboard that's in your PC? @TLHBO

Edited by Hot Sauce
On 2019-10-05 at 9:37 PM, Remij_ said:

You wanted me to run it on my 2080ti.. so I did.  And like I said... I'm 100% CPU limited..  I need a better CPU..

However...

forz.png

lmao... 196.8fps average.. and my GPU utilization was basically stuck aroun 70%... because my CPU can't allow it to go any higher. :smilecry: 

Also.. your stutter count :hest: 

Look what I ACHIEVED.    :mickey:

f03f28afd9fd51699bae19cb9d9c264829444f1c

12 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Look what I ACHIEVED.    :mickey:

f03f28afd9fd51699bae19cb9d9c264829444f1c

I'm looking :hest:

You: 100% GPU bound

Me: 100% CPU bound

You: 170fps 98% utilization (top right)

Me: 170fps 71% utilization (top right)

You should..... try 1440p... or everything 'to the right' meaning Extreme settings with 8xAA.  Let's test these GPUs... :reg: 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

I'm looking :hest:

You: 100% GPU bound

Me: 100% CPU bound

You: 170fps 98% utilization (top right)

Me: 170fps 71% utilization (top right)

You should..... try 1440p... or everything 'to the right' meaning Extreme settings with 8xAA.  Let's test these GPUs... :reg: 

OK beat this score. 

b26ed0565df80a81b8f730d6ba94ccebef223439

6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

What's wrong, don't think you will be able to achieve that score now do you?  I say we leave the Extreme unnecessary video settings for HEDT CPUs. 

You're so incredibly stupid it hurts.  Why are you asking me to beat his score?

I can't achieve it at Ultra.. how am I going to achieve it at Extreme with my CPU? All you're doing is showing how CPU limited I am... and you're showing what a 2080ti can actually do.  The 2080ti on Extreme shit stomps your 5700XT Anniversary on Ultra. 

Your 5700XT probably takes a shit at Extreme, which is why you're not posting it :hehe: 

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You're so incredibly stupid it hurts.  Why are you asking me to beat his score?

I can't achieve it at Ultra.. how am I going to achieve it at Extreme with my CPU? All you're doing is showing how CPU limited I am... and you're showing what a 2080ti can actually do.  The 2080ti on Extreme shit stomps your 5700XT Anniversary on Ultra. 

Your 5700XT probably takes a shit at Extreme, which is why you're not posting it :hehe: 

That's funny because you have yet to post your Extreme either.  :mickeyj: