Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

22 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Well i was wanting to go 1440p or 4k when I upgrade.

since its been rushed though, I’ll say 1080p with the option to go 1440p 60fps max settings next year

3000+ sounds good. 2400 seems to be the minimum so might as well go higher

This would be a good jumping off point and wouldn't break the bank. Obviously reuse what you can from your existing PC unless you want new stuff but personally I'd try to reuse storage, the case, PSU etc. I added storage and a PSU anyway but you can make those determinations yourself. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPXdCL

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Also bare in mind a lot of this has to do with software optimization.  With the arrival of 3rd generation Ryzen and NAVI GPU we saw how some games beat out Intel and Nvidia.

Forza Horizon 4

A $400 card taking out a $1200 card.  

1.png?token-time=1571270400&token-hash=H

csgo.jpg

Lol

29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This would be a good jumping off point and wouldn't break the bank. Obviously reuse what you can from your existing PC unless you want new stuff but personally I'd try to reuse storage, the case, PSU etc. I added storage and a PSU anyway but you can make those determinations yourself. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPXdCL

The hdd is probably dead.

the case and psu are ancient, and not too expensive anyway. I’d rather just get a completely new rig.

those parts... do i need a water cooler? I dont overclock. Seems less hassle with a fan.

also why 850w? My current one is 750 i think.

seen a pc with an i7 9700 and rtx 2070 and it only has 650w

36 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

What are some of the European retailers you'd be using to get your parts?

I built my own last time. Really didnt seem any cheaper than just buying one custom made. I might do that this time because i cba with cable management.

Looking at this place at the moment -https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/category/gaming-pcs/

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

the case and psu are ancient, and not too expensive anyway. I’d rather just get a completely new rig.

those parts... do i need a water cooler? I dont overclock. Seems less hassle with a fan.

Well you wanted future proofing 

31 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Also bare in mind a lot of this has to do with software optimization.  With the arrival of 3rd generation Ryzen and NAVI GPU we saw how some games beat out Intel and Nvidia.

Forza Horizon 4

A $400 card taking out a $1200 card.  

1.png?token-time=1571270400&token-hash=H

Except that's bullshit.

Nvidia released a driver which improved FH4 performance by up to 20%....

See how in Hardware Unboxed video it shows the 2070Super at 124fps at 1080p Ultra.... and now.. it's 124fps... at 1440p Ultra... and it's essentially tied with the 5700XT?  And you can't say it's different because they use the EXACT same built in benchmark.

So yea no... the 5700XT ain't taking out shit :mj: 

Edited by Remij_
42 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

AMD CPUs have more cores/threads the Intels have better IPCs.   

So take a 8 core i7-9700K ($408) vs  8 core / 16 thread  Ryzen 7 3700X ($329) , the i7-9700K is going to provide slighter better fps numbers in certain games but over-all the Ryzen 7 with 16 processing threads will be able to do a lot multiple tasks at the same time, and still be beneficial for games that are multi-core CPU heavy. 

Same with the 6 core i5-9600K ($240) vs Ryzen 5 3600 ($200) 6 core / 12 threads ,  there will be a light higher IPC in certain games but overall the Ryzen 5 12 threads will be the all around better purchase. 

I feel like jonb here.

Lets assume I know what an ipc is and what exactly threads do besides processing..

if im only using it for gaming and trolling lemmings on systemwars, do I need the extra threads? :wonder:

like I said my old i5 did me well for so long. Definitely value for money in that. Hell everything but the gpu just kept delivering.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

You don't need one but it's nice to keep your temps down even if you don't overclock which will ensure longevity. You can get any kind of cooler, case or whatever I just put some suggestion in there.

PSU's are cheap and the range from 650-850 isn't that much of a cost differential to warrant going lower. It's also nice for expandability if you wanted to add a bunch of storage, get a more powerful GPU down the line with higher requirements etc. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Well you wanted future proofing 

True. Thats why i overdid my pc with the power supply.

it doesnt seem like that requirement has gone up much though in years. Hell sometimes it goes down depending on the processors 

True. Thats why i overdid my pc with the power supply.

it doesnt seem like that requirement has gone up much though in years. Hell sometimes it goes down depending on the processors 

If you want to go the pre-fab route this doesn't seem bad.

h32MCzP.png

I feel like jonb here.

Lets assume I know what an ipc is and what exactly threads do besides processing..

if im only using it for gaming and trolling lemmings on systemwars, do I need the extra threads? :wonder:

like I said my old i5 did me well for so long. Definitely value for money in that. Hell everything but the gpu just kept delivering.

Facepalm 

You wanted 4k and future proofing now it seems like you are trying to go on a budget lol 

Dont want my advice , fine :reg:

For current gen you dont need a top of the line cpu cause you'll be gaming at 60fps . But dont get a junk one. 

If you go Intel ram speed won't matter esp at 60fps 

Get a 2070 or the card dyno posted . 2070 if you want rtx .

Do not buy a prebuilt with 8gb ram unless you make it 16. 8gb is not enough .

6bg vram is fine for 1080p 8gb for 1440p

Get an ssd 

Done 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't need one but it's nice to keep your temps down even if you don't overclock which will ensure longevity. You can get any kind of cooler, case or whatever I just put some suggestion in there.

PSU's are cheap and the range from 650-850 isn't that much of a cost differential to warrant going lower. It's also nice for expandability if you wanted to add a bunch of storage, get a more powerful GPU down the line with higher requirements etc. 

True. As you say price doesnt go up much so might as well. Cpu should last years too which is why i want power.

willing to slide on gpu though cus those requirements increase so rapidly.

is 8gigs of vram on nvidias cards enough?

most of all what i dont get is how the hell do you pick a good motherbord? :shrug:

it needs the socket and ram setup i want, usb too. Outside of that is there a difference?

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

True. As you say price doesnt go up much so might as well. Cpu should last years too which is why i want power.

willing to slide on gpu though cus those requirements increase so rapidly.

is 8gigs of vram on nvidias cards enough?

most of all what i dont get is how the hell do you pick a good motherbord? :shrug:

it needs the socket and ram setup i want, usb too. Outside of that is there a difference?

It seems like you know a bit but not enough to make informed decisions I guess. That pre-built I selected above would be the most competent and cost effective for what you want to do with no hassle on your end. 

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Except that's bullshit.

Nvidia released a driver which improved FH4 performance by up to 20%....

See how in Hardware Unboxed video it shows the 2070Super at 124fps at 1080p Ultra.... and now.. it's 124fps... at 1440p Ultra... and it's essentially tied with the 5700XT?  And you can't say it's different because they use the EXACT same built in benchmark.

So yea no... the 5700XT ain't taking out shit :mj: 

The butthurt is real with you.  :tom:

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you want to go the pre-fab route this doesn't seem bad.

h32MCzP.png

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity-X88-GTX-Gaming-PC

I was gonna go that route

change water cooling to a decent fan cooler

add 3 more case fans

Change the ssds to just a 4tb 7200rpm hdd (sue me)

change the case to one that supports a dvd drive

2 x 8gb 3000mhz ddr4

uograde to gold 750/850w power supply

then either the 2060 or 2070. Word on here though is that rtx flopped? So maybe 2060 and upgrade later

Any good?