Who saw Joker?

Great movie overall. It was like a cautionary tale for mental illness wrapped in gritty Nolan style comic book origin story. Really fuckin good.

Phoenix killed it of course 

The controversy is retarded btw this movie is not about nihilism, incels or mass shooters. 

Edited by Vini
  • Like 1
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it was pretty good.   also cements batman as a completely unlikable super hero. fuck that rich prick and his shitty parents.    

Just got back from it.   It was fucking incredible. Probably the perfect Joker movie and I'll probably like it more the more time passes.   It was incredibly shot (can't believe To

Gonna rewatch as part of a week of Scorsese leading up to Irishman. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Was it more like a crazy guy just does a bunch of crazy things within the bounds of reality or was it like Joker superhero crazy?

100% within the bounds of reality but it was surreal at times. I don't want to spoil too much but think American Psycho. 

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Vini said:

100% within the bounds of reality but it was surreal at times. I don't want to spoil too much but think American Psycho. 

This^^^ 

btw, the last 15 minutes were awesome! Ha, a friend of mine (big dude too) said he was eye-ing the theater exits, because of how unsettled he felt (in a good way). 

as for the film. It’s not perfect, and there’s a hell of a slow burn. But I still loved it. JP killed it as Joker. I actually love the movie more today, now that it’s had time to marinate in my mind, than I did yesterday. 

And I’m so glad that people who are saying this is an “incel film” have been proven wrong. Far from it. 

I will be seeing it a second time this week. 

Just got back from it.

It was fucking incredible. Probably the perfect Joker movie and I'll probably like it more the more time passes.

It was incredibly shot (can't believe Todd Phillips directed this), the score was superb and Pheonix with a performance for the ages. 

All the conversations about this movie are a compliment to the film. It's an uneasy watch, it is incredible rooted in it's reality, it shares zero 'superhero' or 'comic film' tropes and it is undeniably filmed from the perspective of the Joker.

The entire movie is amazing but the last 15 or so minutes are so damn good you just wish the movie will not end (even though it's already been going about 2h by that point).

Every time I thought they were doing a little mis step they proved me wrong and played on that so well. There are countless scenes I want to watch again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Just got back from it.

It was fucking incredible. Probably the perfect Joker movie and I'll probably like it more the more time passes.

It was incredibly shot (can't believe Todd Phillips directed this), the score was superb and Pheonix with a performance for the ages. 

All the conversations about this movie are a compliment to the film. It's an uneasy watch, it is incredible rooted in it's reality, it shares zero 'superhero' or 'comic film' tropes and it is undeniably filmed from the perspective of the Joker.

The entire movie is amazing but the last 15 or so minutes are so damn good you just wish the movie will not end (even though it's already been going about 2h by that point).

Every time I thought they were doing a little mis step they proved me wrong and played on that so well. There are countless scenes I want to watch again. 

Ban this guy. He spoiled the movie. People are probably unsure if it’s good or not and will see it to find out themselves, but he just told everyone it was good so there’s no point in seeing it now. Ban Malmatese.

1 minute ago, Optimus Jim said:

Ban this guy. He spoiled the movie. People are probably unsure if it’s good or not and will see it to find out themselves, but he just told everyone it was good so there’s no point in seeing it now. Ban Malmatese.

*trying to figure out how to ban myself

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Just got back from it.

yeah, the last 15 or so minutes are definitely amazing. I was a little worried that the movie wouldn’t have a great payoff. But I ended up leaving the theater with a happy face 🤡

do you find that the film has had a polarizing reception with your friends? I have seen mixed reviews from mine on social media. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

yeah, the last 15 or so minutes are definitely amazing. I was a little worried that the movie wouldn’t have a great payoff. But I ended up leaving the theater with a happy face 🤡

do you find that the film has had a polarizing reception with your friends? I have seen mixed reviews from mine on social media. 

Yeah the movie is such a slow burn that it really needed to nail the ending or it would’ve been incredibly unsatisfying. Thankfully it absolutely does and I’m doing so elevates the movie even further.

Cant say I’ve had a similar experience, nearly all my friends loved it and that includes their gfs. My wife loved it too. Worst I’ve heard was ‘it was slow but it didn’t bother me’. What are they not liking? I can understand going in with superhero popcorn flick expectations and being disappointed and also probably if you aren’t a fan such a heavy themed movie. 

34 minutes ago, Delita said:

I’ve seen nothing but praise for Joaquin Phoenix performance as Joker. I’m just wondering if it’ll top heath ledger in TDK for me. I really can’t wait to see it

It didn't IMO

Very different takes on the character but I think Ledger nailed the voice and mannerisms more. 

Phoenix is a very close second for me

Edited by Vini