Who saw Joker?

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

...just too easy

web.capt_.marvel-607x900.jpg

So your point is... ?

That movie is not political either, but Brie Larson made it so with her dumb comments. 

Omg best movie evar cuz womenz!!! Lollolmenlolol

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it was pretty good.   also cements batman as a completely unlikable super hero. fuck that rich prick and his shitty parents.    

Just got back from it.   It was fucking incredible. Probably the perfect Joker movie and I'll probably like it more the more time passes.   It was incredibly shot (can't believe To

Gonna rewatch as part of a week of Scorsese leading up to Irishman. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

So your point is... ?

That movie is not political either, but Brie Larson made it so with her dumb comments. 

Omg best movie evar cuz womenz!!! Lollolmenlolol

Joker director was making comments about "woke" culture as well.

Notice how the left didn't have a meltdown like you alt-right guys clearly..........CLEARLY had over Brie Larson's comments.

Like I said.......this is just too easy.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Joker director was making comments about "woke" culture as well.

Notice how the left didn't have a meltdown like you alt-right guys clearly..........CLEARLY had over Brie Larson's comments.

Like I said.......this is just too easy.

So all those woke leftist reviews trashing the movie don't count? 

16 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

So all those woke leftist reviews trashing the movie don't count? 

Dude.......you're not going to convince anybody that "the left" is melting down over Joker as badly as you guys did over Brie Larson.

There's no comparison. The meltdown was huge back in February/March.

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Don't just link a 27 minute video and expect me to watch it to form your points for you.

I've also already watched it and I would have cited them, since they traditionally skewer politically correct backlash such was the case with Captain Marvel, as evidence that Joker's problems aren't really a result of woke leftists but the film's own problems. They call it the baby version of Taxi Driver. :D

I think the thing with film critics is that.........they've seen Martin Scorcese movies, and even lesser movies like Michael Douglas' 1993 movie Falling Down.

So, even though Joker is novel for what it does with a comic book property...............what did you think film critics were going to say?

"OMAGOSH, its as good as Taxi Driver!!" ????????????  That was never going to happen.

The Dark Knight is probably still the best comic book movie, in my eyes....................it still ain't Heat, it will NEVER come close to being Heat. One is still rooted in comic book expectations, and the other is real cinema.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

The Dark Knight is probably still the best comic book movie, in my eyes....................it still ain't Heat, it will NEVER come close to being Heat. One is still rooted in comic book expectations, and the other is real cinema.

But Dark Knight is better than Heat. :trump:

30 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Don't just link a 27 minute video and expect me to watch it to form your points for you.

I've also already watched it and I would have cited them, since they traditionally skewer politically correct backlash such was the case with Captain Marvel, as evidence that Joker's problems aren't really a result of woke leftists but the film's own problems. They call it the baby version of Taxi Driver. :D

They discuss it right at the start

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I think the thing with film critics is that.........they've seen Martin Scorcese movies, and even lesser movies like Michael Douglas' 1993 movie Falling Down.

So, even though Joker is novel for what it does with a comic book property...............what did you think film critics were going to say?

"OMAGOSH, its as good as Taxi Driver!!" ????????????  That was never going to happen.

Did you watch Joker yet? I'd like to know your thoughts on it. 

Take a look at Ad Astra.

The pre-release hype started saying "This is Apocalypse Now in space" "This is a true space opera movie as good as Interstellar"

I bought into it.

And let me tell you.........that movie isn't as smart and as deep as it was advertised.  If you tell me that a movie is "like" fucking A-P-O-C-A-L-Y-P-S-E Now.........that is one hell of an expectation. Its a good movie, a solid movie. But they didn't do me a favor with comparing it to something like that.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, Delita said:

Heat is better than joker

We all walked onto this ferry, and somebody just checked underneath and found hundreds of explosive barrels of gasoline with a note.

.......and they did it on the other ferry as well.

Even Nolan couldn't figure out all the logistics. This is why comicbook movies have to be judged on a different set of rules and expectations.  Things MUST HAPPEN in a comic book movie because the main goal in those movies is successfully transferring the comic book character into a real-life character. The plot has to be "bend" around that, even if it doesn't make sense.

Whereas a movie like Heat never bends its plot to the characters. The fact that those heists and all of that planning look completely believable actually makes you scared that such stone-cold professional mofos can actually exist.