Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vini

Who saw Joker?

Recommended Posts

I think both ledger and Phoenix are tied. Both have their advantages. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rottentomatoes and Metacritic are officially compromised trash. I'm done with those sites. 

 

They need a wokeness purge immediately. 

 

Edited by Vini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vini said:

Rottentomatoes and Metacritic are officially compromised trash. I'm done with those sites. 

 

They need a wokeness purge immediately. 

 

I love how the user score is 91 too at RT. 
 

there are a few critics I like, but most suck. Their heads are so far up their own asses, I’m surprised they were even able to see the movie/s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very difficult to compare Phoenix and Ledger performances cause Phoenix isn’t the Joker for 90% of the movie. However given the last 10 or so min I think it would be tied or exceeding ledger for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, -GD- said:

I love how the user score is 91 too at RT. 
 

there are a few critics I like, but most suck. Their heads are so far up their own asses, I’m surprised they were even able to see the movie/s. 

It's insane last night I got high and I actually tried to read the negative reviews. I could barely get through most of them

 

Most of these retards actually thought Joker's demented thoughts represent the message the movie's trying to convey. How fuckin dumb is that? If the movie had any message it's that society needs to be more careful when dealing with mental illness. 

 

Its mind boggling how this can go over the heads of so called professional critics so easily 

 

Edited by Vini
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vini said:

It's insane last night I got high and I actually tried to read the negative reviews. I could barely get through most of them

 

Most of these retards actually thought Joker's demented thoughts represent the message the movie's trying to convey. How fuckin dumb is that? If the movie had any message it's that society needs to be more careful when dealing with mental illness. 

 

Its mind boggling how this can go over the heads of so called professional critics so easily 

 

There are many aspects that open to interpretation. For me 

Spoiler

The people wearing clown masks represent the Impressionable masses, and the joker was the face of every killer the media turned into a legend, becoming a god to those easily influenced. 
 

I also agree with you about the mental illness issue, and lack of treatment in lower income areas. 
 

there are lots of concepts one can extract from the movie. It’s a film I will watch again this week. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -GD- said:

There are many aspects that open to interpretation. For me 

  Hide contents

The people wearing clown masks represent the Impressionable masses, and the joker was the face of every killer the media turned into a legend, becoming a god to those easily influenced. 
 

I also agree with you about the mental illness issue, and lack of treatment in lower income areas. 
 

there are lots of concepts one can extract from the movie. It’s a film I will watch again this week. 

 

 

 

Yes I liked how Joker doesn't care about any of those clown protests but he gets thrown into being their leader even though he doesn't believe in anything. 

 

What's your thoughts about none of the events of the movie being real kinda like American Psycho. The surreal aspects really hint towards that but I think it's up to interpretation at the end. His girlfriend was definitely in his mind seeing as they showed a montage of her disappearing from previous scenes together

 

 

Edited by Vini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to Five Corners Cafe. They have celebrity pictures framed and nailed around the restaurant. Asked them when Joaquin Phoenix will be put on the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Joker was riveting! His name shouldn’t be Joaquin Phoenix, it should be Shocking Phoenix.

Edited by Optimus Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna see it tonight with a friend.

 

I have literally not been excited to see a movie in 2+ years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vini said:

 

Shit why not both

Girls be thankin Batman movie will suck. Sounds like it's very slice of life and good anyways. Reminds me of why I love daredevil on Netflix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, -GD- said:

:-*

The colors put me in the Halloween vibe. 

 

Pumped to see this tonight :glad: 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×