Cows & Lemmings are pathetic (X2/PS5 talk)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread sucks 

I'd wager my Vega 64 is already on level with both. 

What will happen with PS5  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

How many games are developed for it? Just wait.

It's not so much the games that would need to be developed for it, but rather the system. At least as far as load times are concerned; streaming requires a bit more on the developer end.

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Are you willing to make a bet PS5 has load times?

Are you willing to bet the PS5 has similar load times to the PS4? That was what I quoted.

PS5s SSD is soldered to the motherboard and has GPU decompression and didn't have to go through an interface like PC. It can easily go upto 7gbps in the absolute worst scenario, upto 16gbps at best. It can fill ALL the RAM in 2 seconds max, nevermind actually streaming

Edited by Team 2019
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PS5s SSD is soldered to the motherboard and has GPU decompression and didn't have to go through an interface like PC. It can easily go upto 7gbps in the absolute worst scenario, upto 16gbps at best. It can fill ALL the RAM in 2 seconds max, nevermind actually streaming

A lot of hypotheticals there, like I said, it will be a fantastic bump :smoke:

12 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Worse than what? Remij's $1200 GPU? PS5 is going to annihalate the average PC's gamers setup up for 3 years easily. That's where the PS5 Pro comes in later.

LMAO.. before the PS5 even launches mid range Nvidia and AMD cards will beat it easily. :| 

Not to mention it'll actually take 3 years before these developers get games out which are actually beginning to take advantage of the hardware in a meaningful way.

And what is the PS5 Pro going to do?  Better resolution?  Nah... that's not going to be marketable.  Better framerate?  Sure... but.. aren't they already going to be targeting 60fps? :bena: 

Oh, wait I know what they'll use... better RT performance!  And you know what... that's fine... except they'll be stuck with the same architecture for the next 7 years.... while PC gpus will be WAY past that by then.

Mark my words... by the time PS5 launches... $300 GPUs will beat it. :shrug: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO.. before the PS5 even launches mid range Nvidia and AMD cards will beat it easily. :| 

Not to mention it'll actually take 3 years before these developers get games out which are actually beginning to take advantage of the hardware in a meaningful way.

And what is the PS5 Pro going to do?  Better resolution?  Nah... that's not going to be marketable.  Better framerate?  Sure... but.. aren't they already going to be targeting 60fps? :bena: 

Oh, wait I know what they'll use... better RT performance!  And you know what... that's fine... except they'll be stuck with the same architecture for the next 7 years.... while PC gpus will be WAY past that by then.

Why these kids think differently is insane. It’s the same shit...every gen. They fall into the same traps. Lmao

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'd wager my Vega 64 is already on level with both. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, ghostz said:

Why these kids think differently is insane. It’s the same shit...every gen. They fall into the same traps. Lmao

Intel's next CPU is rumored to have a 15-20% IPC increase over current offerings, and really high clocks... and Zen 3 is making some pretty big changes which is gonna boost performance dramatically.  On the GPU side the PS5/Scarlett will be around 5700XT levels likely.  That shit will get smashed by 2020 and early 2021 NV and AMD gpus. 

10 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It comes from the fact that they're gonna get some exclusive games which push the bar visually above what's on PC simply because they have the budgets and teams to do so.

Has nothing to do with the hardware though.  But like I said... those games take some time usually.  I'm sure Sony'll have a stunner at, or close to launch... but MS are releasing their games on PC now too, so stunning games will come from them as well which will show off the power of PCs.

I'm really curious to see what will be the first game to really make that "next gen" impression. :) 

7 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It's only a year away . So won't the next 2060 level card basically be a 2070? 

And that'll probably be 350 minimum .

I dont see a 2070 beating next gen consoles 

Nah.  Nvidia's bringing a brand new architecture and a node shrink to 7nm EUV next year.  We're going to be seeing some hefty performance gains for sure.  Not to mention, if AMD actually releases stuff close to that time as well, maybe Nvidia will compete a bit on price.

Another thing to remember.. is that the 20 series has a lot of hardware features that developers aren't really utilizing yet.  The biggest ones being mesh shaders, variable rate shading, and 2xFP16.  Devs will be utilizing this stuff in upcoming next gen games.  So we'll see 20 series cards perform better relative to hardware which doesn't support those features, when games are built with it in mind from the start.

Meh I doubt it . A 300 dollar card now can barely beat X .

And damn rtx cards are even a bigger flop than I thought .

Sounds like some secret sauce nonsense and lmao at nvidia competing price wise .

I still say no way not even close will a 300 dollar video card beat x2 and ps5.

16 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Meh I doubt it . A 300 dollar card now can barely beat X .

And damn rtx cards are even a bigger flop than I thought .

Sounds like some secret sauce nonsense and lmao at nvidia competing price wise .

I still say no way not even close will a 300 dollar video card beat x2 and ps5.

Yea but you've proven that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.  You take PC games running at Ultra and compare them to console games running at a mix of high/med.  If you take a 2060 and run with console settings... it's beating current gen consoles..

And it's not secret sauce nonsense... it's a thing called architectural advancements.  Ones that upcoming consoles will have.

And nah... a $300 GPU easily beats the X.  Dynamite's Vega 64 smashes the X...  Lmao, dude.. next year a $300 card will take on those consoles...  They'll be 30-40% faster than the 20 series.  Those will likely come at the beginning of next year.  Q1 or Q2 at the latest.  Then just after the next gen consoles release, Nvidia and AMD will refresh... and there'll be another 20% on top of that....

If it doesn't happen before launch.. it's going to happen right after launch.  And if AMD is competitive... it will help with pricing.