CNBC: Why Xbox Failed in Japan

Xbox1 is only at 46.9 Million Worldwide after 6 years.....just like I said... Xbox1 WW sales have slowed to a crawl the last year and a half.... YIKES :holeup:

Video summary. 

Highlights on OG Xbox
- Bill Gates pushed Xbox due to Software being important for the MS Brand
- Originally wanted to partner with Sony (Was rejected thus leading to the Xbox)
- Mitsumi (PS2 circuit board manufacturer) didn't work well with MS (Denied smaller boards)
- There was never an intention to "win" Japan with the OG Xbox, they just wanted to be taken seriously in the gaming space
- Japan was more important for it's software revenue that could benefit the console in other regions than what it actually sold in Japan
- Original Xbox Console was considered too bulky for Japanese Homes (Even the MS Japan team didn't like the design)
- Original Xbox missed the holiday sales period (Launched in Feb 2002)
- Developers scared to take a gamble on the console after such long ties with Nintendo & Sony
- The Original xbox was seen as invasive on (at the time) a mostly led Japanese Market

360 Era (Their Most Successful Console in Japan)
- Japanese Design Firm designed the original 360
- Numerous Japanese Developers on-board to make content
- Launched before PS3 to drive sales

Xbox One Era
- 46.9 Million X1's with 0.3% of that being sold in Japan
- Streaming is seen as a key factor in Xbox Growing in Japan

40 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

46.3 million for Bone seems high, i'm guessing those are inflated #'s.

No way can a console that sells nearly 50 million not support exclusive games. even gamecube had exclusive games and it sold half of that.

I'm guessing Bone is at around 33~ million. Bone is at about 1/3rd of PS4.

The bigger key is momentum going into next gen, rather than total sales. PS2 total sales did shit for PS3 until they made the system good in 2009 with Slim and games.

45 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

46.3 million for Bone seems high, i'm guessing those are inflated #'s.

No way can a console that sells nearly 50 million not support exclusive games. even gamecube had exclusive games and it sold half of that.

I'm guessing Bone is at around 33~ million. Bone is at about 1/3rd of PS4.

Nah that 46.9 is accurate 

40 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nah that 46.9 is accurate 

So it's already sold 5.9 million this year which with the holidays would put it on track for 9+ million for 2019 meaning it's doing just fine.

That or Zhuge was wrong when he said 41 million at the end of 2018 and the number was actually higher making me right.

You're retarded :hest:

xQYvrFz.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So it's already sold 5.9 million this year which with the holidays would put it on track for 9+ million for 2019 meaning it's doing just fine.

That or Zhuge was wrong when he said 41 million at the end of 2018 and the number was actually higher making me right.

You're retarded :hest:

xQYvrFz.jpg

You claimed it was in the over 45 since end of 2017/early 2018....that was a year and a half ago to almost two years ago... you weren't close to being right :lawl:

Not only that... your dumbass still doesn't know the difference between shipped to retailers and sold to consumers. 

This number (46.9) is shipped to retailers which will Always be slightly higher than sold to consumers. 

ZhugeX number in Jan was installed base... AKA sold to consumers. 

MS has only shipped 46.9 million... that means they actually sold less than that to consumers. :cmpunk1:

Yeah, it terms of actual sold to consumers, Microsoft is probably scraping 42-43 million at this point.

:geese:And the Switch has most definitely pass them as of August:geese:

So, to be even more realistic, we know for a fact that there is considerable amount of people who are repeat buyers of Xbox hardware. A large majority of those $500 OG Xbox One buyers would've bought an Xbox One S or Xbox One X out of sheer embarrassment to replace the launch version.

So, in terms of actual unique Xbox owners, I'd put that around 25 to 28 million.

The other sign that its really that low is the fact that Microsoft does not want to give concrete subscription numbers for GamePass at any point throughout the past 2 years. The only indication was back at X018 when Phil Spencer said they had "multiple millions" of GamePass subscribers.

So that clearly means its less than 10 million.  My guess is that GamePass on the PC is going to push them to 10 million, but that should happen this year, because those PC players are going to try out the service for a few months and then probably just cancel it. So, if MS doesn't even announce 10 million GamePass subscribers by early January, then its worse than I thought.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You claimed it was in the over 45 since end of 2017/early 2018....that was a year and a half ago to almost two years ago... you weren't close to being right :lawl:

Not only that... your dumbass still doesn't know the difference between shipped to retailers and sold to consumers. 

This number (46.9) is shipped to retailers which will Always be slightly higher than sold to consumers. 

ZhugeX number in Jan was installed base... AKA sold to consumers. 

MS has only shipped 46.9 million... that means they actually sold less than that to consumers. :cmpunk1:

Oh so this is shipped now lol? You're a fucking moron getting caught up in all your garbage "insider" information that's currently fucking you in the ass.

Either I was right or Zhuge was. If Zhuge was the system is selling well in 2019, if I was it was higher than any of those faggots thought and it's not selling great in 2019.

You're in the bin getting thrown out with the rest of the trash either way.

Owned fgt :tom:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh so this is shipped now lol? You're a fucking moron getting caught up in all your garbage "insider" information that's currently fucking you in the ass.

Either I was right or Zhuge was. If Zhuge was the system is selling well in 2019, if I was it was higher than any of those faggots thought and it's not selling great in 2019.

You're in the bin getting thrown out with the rest of the trash either way.

Owned fgt :tom:

Your dumbass still doesn't know the difference between shipped to retailers and sold to consumers :lawl:

ZhugeX - "Global installed base now around 41m." 

Installed base is sold to consumers retard. 

First you counted the UK twice because you didn't know it was a part of Europe.... now you don't know the difference between sold and shipped.... no wonder your DynamiteCop math wa always so inflated :mj:

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Your dumbass still doesn't know the difference between shipped to retailers and sold to consumers :lawl:

ZhugeX - "Global installed base now around 41m." 

Installed base is sold to consumers retard. 

First you counted the UK twice because you didn't know it was a part of Europe.... now you don't know the difference between sold and shipped.... no wonder your DynamiteCop math wa always so inflated :mj:

You lost, go home you sour loser.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You guys were wrong, Zhuge was wrong. I win, you sheep are delusional lol.

LOL, you can almost see Trump saying something like that as he shuffles away with a constipated look on his face. :drake: