So both Modern Warfare and RDR2 on PC are 150GB+...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be 2  

That is stupid insane . Game will be well over 200 gb after some dlc 

I know it's crazy.     I'm so glad I grew out of the trend of throwing money away on video game systems. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're going to parse content from the main drive to the SSD in blocks basically like it's a virtual ram cache. The SSD isn't going to be the storage, it's going to be an access point for pre-loaded data. 

Ok.... so how big will that main drive be?

Another reason I suspect these systems will work this way is because if you used an external it obviously couldn't keep up with an SSD if that were the main solution so you'd just bog the whole system down. I see them being smarter than this, doing intelligent delivery to the SSD from the HDD. 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Another reason I suspect these systems will work this way is because if you used an external it obviously couldn't keep up with an SSD if that were the main solution so you'd just bog the whole system down. I see them being smarter than this, doing intelligent delivery to the SSD from the HDD. 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'm hoping for 1TB soldered right onto the board with a "special" controller for high throughput, but in addition to that an expansion bay (M.2 x4 PCIe 4.0 lanes) akin to PS2/PS3/PS4/PS4 Pro.

I definitely do think that regardless of what configuration they go with.. they will be highly configurable and flexible.  I think as you say, the games will intelligently copy/install what is needed into and ultra fast cache and will load almost instantly.  Moving games in and out of this space will happen extremely fast and be handled by the systems seamlessly.

I wonder if they'll have a more robust compression method which will reduce sizes even further.

I think an expansion bay is a given too.  M.2 makes sense.. right underneath the system.

Just now, JONBpc said:

How the hell is cod 150 

COD is actually 175GB lol...  That's why I put the + there..

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-official-pc-system-requirements-requires-175gb-of-free-hard-disk-space/

And I really don't know why.  There's probably going to be a lot of dialog audio and shit like that.  But the thing that gets me about both RDR2 and COD is that the cutscenes are rendered in real-time.. so it's not like there's even high quality videos eating up tons of space.  (though there maybe is in COD)

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

COD is actually 175GB lol...  That's why I put the + there..

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-official-pc-system-requirements-requires-175gb-of-free-hard-disk-space/

And I really don't know why.  There's probably going to be a lot of dialog audio and shit like that.  But the thing that gets me about both RDR2 and COD is that the cutscenes are rendered in real-time.. so it's not like there's even high quality videos eating up tons of space.  (though there maybe is in COD)

That is stupid insane . Game will be well over 200 gb after some dlc 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Imagine the download times :kaz:

anyone outside of major cities will spend 6 days downloading games :tom:

Game developers, especially on the PC, should give users the option to download the quality of assets which matches their system specs.. or works better within their internet restrictions.

For example, a person who has a low end card which would likely only use medium or high textures could choose to download a smaller version of of the game and it would only allow you to select that level of quality.  Same with audio.  Maybe make a bit more compressed audio or video files for people who have limited bandwidth and would like to choose that option.

It really could go for anyone regardless of the PC or internet they have.

And also, allow SP and MP components to be installed separately and independently of each other.  All of these things would help.