Google Stadia will be “faster and more responsive” than local gaming hardware

Are you fucking kidding me? :kaz:

2B069207-7D3C-4BEA-A72B-46C6962A7269.thumb.png.4c7d876ca50e2fde5c5e2e857ce9c628.png

they claim they’ll do this by “predicting user inputs” ...

L-M-F-A-O :cruise:

Read more of this Fuckery: 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/stadia/negative-latency-prediction?fbclid=IwAR1xWXvjUWCd45skllij8Mrnfq-qSBjBUSI1NWk4HYtNZL_XvBAmzn2ehPg

Edited by ghostz
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ yea Jon, I think so.   Better than local hardware?  lol no.   Better to the point that it doesn't really matter.. yea.. eventually.     One thing people have to re

If the build of Doom Eternal I played at PAX is any indication then I can safely say that they're full of shit.

Posted Images

^ yea Jon, I think so.

Better than local hardware?  lol no.

Better to the point that it doesn't really matter.. yea.. eventually.

One thing people have to remember.. is that Stadia will be built specifically for streaming.  It's not a phone connecting over wifi.. it's not a PC or laptop either.  It's a machine that will be fine tuned for streaming.

Oculus is doing some cool shit with regards to their Oculus Link to connect the Quest to a PC to be used like a Rift.  Basically instead of having to wait for an entire frame to be fully scanned, then compressed, and then sent over the line, they can scan and compress on a "per scan-line" basis.  So while the display is drawing the frame top-to-bottom line by line, the next frame is being encoded line by line and sent over.  This alone can reduce latency by 16-33ms.

Stadia could likely do something similar.  Not to mention that Stadia's controller connects over wifi.. which means that the controller talks right to the server and doesn't have to be processed by the Stadia console, and then sent over.

A typical chain might be:

Controller input > device processes input > server receives input > server updates output > device processes output > display

Stadia could be:

Controller input direct to server > server updates output > device processes output > display

That could help improve response slightly over traditional methods.  Every little bit counts.

• Like 1

Only good thing I seen Google announce was they got the rights to get MK11 on Stadia, but by the time their vaporeware come to fruition, the MK11 community will be largely dead.

unless CrossPlatform Play is full swing by then and thus PC gamers can play with PlayStation gamers

isn't some kind of prediction method involved to make online games work in the first place?

maybe i'm wrong but I remember reading about how movement, hitboxes and hit detection in fps work like that. I think it was about counter strike. 

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Controller input > device processes input > server receives input > server updates output > device processes output > display

Stadia could be:

Controller input direct to server > server updates output > device processes output > display

That could help improve response slightly over traditional methods.  Every little bit counts.

This doesn't make sense. Why does the local machine get to process the input and Stadia somehow magically bypasses this very important step?

I'm trying to understand what you're comparing Stadia to versus the "typical chain".

Edited by lynux3
7 hours ago, Remij_ said:

^ yea Jon, I think so.

Better than local hardware?  lol no.

Better to the point that it doesn't really matter.. yea.. eventually.

One thing people have to remember.. is that Stadia will be built specifically for streaming.  It's not a phone connecting over wifi.. it's not a PC or laptop either.  It's a machine that will be fine tuned for streaming.

Oculus is doing some cool shit with regards to their Oculus Link to connect the Quest to a PC to be used like a Rift.  Basically instead of having to wait for an entire frame to be fully scanned, then compressed, and then sent over the line, they can scan and compress on a "per scan-line" basis.  So while the display is drawing the frame top-to-bottom line by line, the next frame is being encoded line by line and sent over.  This alone can reduce latency by 16-33ms.

Stadia could likely do something similar.  Not to mention that Stadia's controller connects over wifi.. which means that the controller talks right to the server and doesn't have to be processed by the Stadia console, and then sent over.

Stadia could be:

It's a console with an extra step, its physically impossible unless information travels back and forth at the speed of light between your TV and the data center.

Also does Stadia support variable refresh rates like next gen? Also artifacts and crashed blacks are inevitable just like any image stream for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Team 2019

Stadia, next gen PSNow and XCloud are in the "good enough category" for people that don't want to invest into hardware. Just consider the target audience, for some it's more than enough.

Dedicated hardware will always be superior, the question is how much better it will be in time.

Edited by Team 2019
29 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Stadia will probably end up weaker than next gen by a noticeable difference as well. Like One to PS4 level difference is more than realistic.

Stadia seems to be built to scale so I wouldn't count on it. We'll either see games scale across these "custom" Vega 56s or Google will end up upgrading at some point. The question is how well can it scale across the hardware? It's essentially CrossFire and that technology is all but dead along with SLI.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Stadia seems to be built to scale so I wouldn't count on it. We'll either see games scale across these "custom" Vega 56s or Google will end up upgrading at some point. The question is how well can it scale across the hardware? It's essentially CrossFire and that technology is all but dead along with SLI.

It's PR bullshit. It's not going to use multiple GPUs and what not for the cheap ass audience that pays 10 bucks a month. Only because it can do it, doesn't mean it will happen. It makes no financial sense.

34 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's PR bullshit. It's not going to use multiple GPUs and what not for the cheap ass audience that pays 10 bucks a month. Only because it can do it, doesn't mean it will happen. It makes no financial sense.

It's not PR, it's been done already and it's basically dead at the consumer level. It's curious why they think this technology is suddenly going to become relevant again. Stadia claims 4K@60FPS. We know the Vega 56 by itself isn't pulling it off unless the games are going to be downgraded.

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's not PR, it's been done already and it's basically dead at the consumer level. It's curious why they think this technology is suddenly going to become relevant again. Stadia claims 4K@60FPS w/ 5.1 surround. We know the Vega 56 by itself isn't pulling it off.

Well they are technically talking about the stream ability here, the consumer peons don't really need to know the details. I don't think the average forum posters understand how clueless consumers are.

I've known people upgrade from base One to an S, thinking it plays all games in 4K due to the 4K Bli Ray drive marketing. Yes people are THAT stupid. Also seen people think all old games on Pro/X play in 4K.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well they are technically talking about the stream ability here, the consumer peons don't really need to know the details. I don't think the average forum posters understand how clueless consumers are.

I've known people upgrade from base One to an S, thinking it plays all games in 4K due to the 4K Bli Ray drive marketing. Yes people are THAT stupid. Also seen people think all old games on Pro/X play in 4K.

I get it, but you can count on this being picked apart like nobodies business. It'll be pretty hard to cover up anything they're trying to pull. We're only a month out so I guess we'll see what happens.