Google Stadia will be “faster and more responsive” than local gaming hardware

Just now, Team 2019 said:

The biggest issue with Stadia is it's shit line up.

I think the bigger issue is how everything is locked down in the cloud. Can't transfer, can't download, can't obtain the license, can't do shit. This, IMO, is the down fall of this version of the service.

Imagine building up a digital streaming library and having an Internet connection with solid low latency and having to move somewhere and your new provider fuckin' blows? :mj: Latency is going to be by far the biggest complaint about this service. Not all connections are equal.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ yea Jon, I think so.   Better than local hardware?  lol no.   Better to the point that it doesn't really matter.. yea.. eventually.     One thing people have to re

If the build of Doom Eternal I played at PAX is any indication then I can safely say that they're full of shit.

Posted Images

The reality is that in the next decade the majority will probably use PSnow when it hits prime time in 2021 with PS5 server racks and 4K streaming. Also people will choose PSnow as alternative to Plus as a getaway to the online pay wall.

I don't remember something like 7 million use PS4 remote play. The majority of cloud streamers will be hardware owners in the foreseeable future, even Phil said he expects XCloud to be used mostly by existing XBox owners and PC people as a side thing.

Stadia doesn't have magic data centers that Sony and MS can't match.

Edited by Team 2019
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Stadia doesn't have magic data centers that Sony and MS can't match.

The data center argument is overblown. Anyone can lease data center space. At the end of the day the winner of the "streaming war" will rely on the application, delivery and technology. That's assuming if the bubble doesn't burst like cord cutting.

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It's PR bullshit. It's not going to use multiple GPUs and what not for the cheap ass audience that pays 10 bucks a month. Only because it can do it, doesn't mean it will happen. It makes no financial sense.

:| 

They absolutely WILL use multiple GPUs...  wtf guys... lmao.

This isn't like Crossfire or SLI...   Stadia's SDK and APIs will all be designed to work and scale across server instances...  This isn't some shit added on after the fact.. It's built into the way they're designing the platform.  These servers will scale far greater than consumer PCs with CFX or SLI.  

It's absolutely inevitable that in the future they'll have servers with hardware that easily outclasses the most top of the line PC you could hope to build.  Forget a stupid fucking console APU :mj: 

12 hours ago, lynux3 said:

This doesn't make sense. Why does the local machine get to process the input and Stadia somehow magically bypasses this very important step?

I'm trying to understand what you're comparing Stadia to versus the "typical chain".

Because the server would instead process the input.  The controller connects directly to the server instead of to the device.  Having a bluetooth controller would mean the device would have to process the inputs.. then those inputs would be sent to the server.  The Stadia controller over wifi could connect directly to the server.. skipping the step of the local device having to process the input.  

Controller - server - device - tv

instead of 

Controller - device - server - device - tv

48877067583_0440d6d317_b.jpg

When does this come out? I'm just gonna predict it will be no better than the others. 

EAs streaming service was playable but not ideal. 

Psnow I felt the same way .

I think the best bet for streaming is what MS is doing , and what sony will probably do.

Buy a game , play it on console or pc , and also have the option to take it with you . Play on your phone or tablet , different pc etc when your home platforms arent available. 

As a standalone , ehhh . Especially if you are paying full price for games . I guess that makes sense for people without a gaming platform,  but how many people without a platform are gonna buy 60 dollar streamed games?

18 hours ago, Remij_ said:

:| 

They absolutely WILL use multiple GPUs...  wtf guys... lmao.

This isn't like Crossfire or SLI...   Stadia's SDK and APIs will all be designed to work and scale across server instances...  This isn't some shit added on after the fact.. It's built into the way they're designing the platform.  These servers will scale far greater than consumer PCs with CFX or SLI.  

It's absolutely inevitable that in the future they'll have servers with hardware that easily outclasses the most top of the line PC you could hope to build.  Forget a stupid fucking console APU :mj: 

It's Crossfire/SLI Google version, dipshit. :mj:

Edited by lynux3
40 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it's not.  You know fuck all about anything :mj: 

CFX and SLI are the definition of multi GPU rendering. Fuck outta here with your ignorant ass. :mj:

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

CFX and SLI are the definition of multi GPU rendering. Fuck outta here with your ignorant ass. :mj:

No they aren't you fuckhead.  Cloud servers don't use SLI... SLI scales worth shit.  Servers use a completely different bus... and not only that, but the technology isn't even the same.  SLI doesn't share memory... :kaz: 

Servers with multiple GPUs can be seen as a single system in which every GPU can see every other GPU and access its memory.

Top to bottom the stack can be designed around this scalability... This isn't your dinky Crossfire or SLI bullshit you dolt :rofls: 

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No they aren't you fuckhead.  Cloud servers don't use SLI... SLI scales worth shit.  Servers use a completely different bus... and not only that, but the technology isn't even the same.  SLI doesn't share memory... :kaz: 

Servers with multiple GPUs can be seen as a single system in which every GPU can see every other GPU and access its memory.

Top to bottom the stack can be designed around this scalability... This isn't your dinky Crossfire or SLI bullshit you dolt :rofls: 

Say it with me fuck head... Multi GPU rendering. Who the fuck is talking about memory access and your retarded idea of how all this shit works? Where did I say this shit uses SLI?:rofls: What a dumbass. :tom:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/crossfire

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/introduction-to-sli-technology-guide#1

Here you go, go learn something. :mj:

Google Stadia is most DEFINITELY using a similar technology. You'd have to be a retard... err Remij to think otherwise. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Say it with me fuck head... Multi GPU rendering. Who the fuck is talking about memory access and your retarded idea of how all this shit works? Where did I say this shit uses SLI?:rofls: What a dumbass. :tom:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/crossfire

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/introduction-to-sli-technology-guide#1

Here you go, go learn something. :mj:

Google Stadia is most DEFINITELY using a similar technology. You'd have to be a retard... err Remij to think otherwise. :rofl:

:snoop: 

Lynux.. you should just stop talking about anything PC related. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

:snoop: 

Lynux.. you should just stop talking about anything PC related. 

Did you fall off your rocker today? I'm surprised you're trying to argue against something seemingly obvious. It's funny how everyone but you don't think this is Google's version of multi-GPU rendering, aka, CFX/SLI.

The most obvious difference is in the cloud, but who cares? The technology is the same as if it were applied locally at a smaller scale. Even the company who partnered with Google says its multi-GPU rendering. You're saying they're wrong? :cosby2: