Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lynux3

Mixer founders leaving Microsoft.

Recommended Posts

 

 

Had Microsoft spend $50m on Ninja that turned out to be a dud and then bounced. :cruise: Thanks for acquiring our company (Beam) for millions too Microsoft! :bena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really means jack shit, and them leaving in succession like this tells me the venture is outgrowing the usefulness of their contributions and the salaries in tow. I don't think their "departure" is of their own making and likely comes with a contractual dissolution with severance tied to it. 

 

Microsoft already owns it outright, all the framework is in place, they have all the engineers and team they need to handle every facet of the business without the need for any involvement from either of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This really means jack shit, and them leaving in succession like this tells me the venture is outgrowing the usefulness of their contributions and the salaries in tow. I don't think their "departure" is of their own making and likely comes with a contractual dissolution with severance tied to it. 

 

Microsoft already owns it outright, all the framework is in place, they have all the engineers and team they need to handle every facet of the business without the need for any involvement from either of them. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-10-04-ninjas-move-to-mixer-fails-to-driver-viewership

 

:holeup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

It drove viewers down 11% but caused a massive uptick in creators i.e. people streaming vs. watching with a 188% gain in hours streamed. 

 

In other words it brought more people to the platform, it's successfully doing what it was intended to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It drove viewers down 11% but caused a massive uptick in creators i.e. people streaming vs. watching with a 188% gain in hours streamed. 

 

In other words it brought more people to the platform, it's successfully doing what it was intended to do. 

It's likely going to continue to decline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

It's likely going to continue to decline.

The number of unique channels streaming on Mixer has doubled quarter over quarter from 1.95M in Q2 to 3.9M channels in Q3.

 

I wouldn't bet on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The number of unique channels streaming on Mixer has doubled quarter over quarter from 1.95M in Q2 to 3.9M channels in Q3.

 

I wouldn't bet on it.

You're blatantly ignoring the most important statistic where the money and support for these streamers and platform comes from:

Quote

However, it would appear that Blevins alone is not enough to draw more viewers to the platform, with total hours watched for the quarter declining 10.6%.

Who gives a shit about a channel? I could go on to Mixer right now, spin up a channel and it would mean nothing. It's not looking good.

Edited by lynux3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You're blatantly ignoring the most important statistic where the money and support for these streamers and platform comes from:

Who gives a shit about a channel? I could go on to Mixer right now, spin up a channel and it would mean nothing. It's not looking good.

More people interacting with the service will inevitably lead to more people watching the service. You're being retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

More people interacting with the service will inevitably lead to more people watching the service. You're being retarded.

10.6% decline in viewership contradicts your statement. I'm just reporting the facts here, don't get butthurt. :wrists:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Xbox has failed and Mike Ybarra bounces after PS5's specs include hardware-accelerated Ray Tracing, a feature MS WON;T HAVE

- Mixer has failed to capture Twitch's audience even with damn near bankrupting the company by buying out Ninja's gay ass

- Xcloud completely inferior to google stadia

- Windows OS and pC gaming going down the tubes to irrelevancy

 

 

MS is in serious trouble, literally everything they do fails. I'd take a good hard look at Satya Nutella, he's ran the company into the ground. everything they do is behind the competition.

 

MS's future is producing the Office suite and Word program for MAC, that's it.  That's all they're good for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this has nothing to do with microsoft

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kaz said:

this has nothing to do with microsoft

Obviously not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This really means jack shit, and them leaving in succession like this tells me the venture is outgrowing the usefulness of their contributions and the salaries in tow. I don't think their "departure" is of their own making and likely comes with a contractual dissolution with severance tied to it. 

 

Microsoft already owns it outright, all the framework is in place, they have all the engineers and team they need to handle every facet of the business without the need for any involvement from either of them. 

Look at how much fan-fic Dynocrap created straight out his ass.

 

Please tell us more about what you think about these Mixer guys?  What's going on in their private life?:dreamy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Obviously not.

lol...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×