videogamedunkey: Dragon Quest XI (dunkview)

4 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

one of the best JRPG ive ever played. :bow: 

Switch version is a GOTY contender.

It's far from being the best for me, but it's a well rounded game that's worth investing your time into. They don't make turn based JRPGs of that quality much anymore so it's very well appreciated for that, but I might have not even cared if it came out during any other time stacked to classics in the genre during the golden days. It's no Xenogears, or Chrono Trigger level of good. Not even close.

The story didn't really grab me much and I think that's the issues. Characters are cool on a surface level but yeah. And the soundtrack? It's okay for what it is but hardly a classic. 

7 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

one of the best JRPG ive ever played. :bow: 

Switch version is a GOTY contender.

Dude, Im a big sheep here, but you should play more jrpgs, this DQ game is the most archaic game Ive played in the last 10 years. Literally from the very start of the game you can foresee everything whats going to happen : You are the chosen hero, who was raised by the small village folk. The coming of age trial comes and you can now go save the world from the evil dark magic boogeyman. 

the only thing JRPG's can offer is the plot/story/characters to keep one's interest, as the gameplay is usually extremely weak and tedious, but DQ doesnt have anything. Fancy graphics and nice music? Sure. But anything I have not seen before 100000 times? No.

Edited by HolyAx
  • Upvote 1