Digital Foundry: Sniper Elite 3 a superb Switch convertion. Switch version runs better than base X1. version.

DF: Best way to play the game on consoles. 

Another Switch port that runs better than the Xbox1 version.. Impressive :dame:

Switch

918p Dynamic Res docked. 

720 Dynamic Res portable. 

Stable 30fps. 

High Res PC textures

No Screen Tearing. 

Xbox1 

1080p

30fps with dips

Blurry Textures

Screen tearing 

"the Xbox One game tears constantly and this generates additional judder and a distinct screen wobble that proves distracting when shooting targets from far away." 

"Xbox One launch day patch adds a v-sync option. It's actually an adaptive v-sync that appears to lock gameplay to 30fps, with occasional tearing when the engine dips below that target, as you can see from the videos below" 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-sniper-elite-3-face-off

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Six pages on a game that scored a 6; how fitting. 

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better.     Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently  

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.   

Posted Images

And then reality. 

Switch

• Docked: 918p dynamic resolution scaling
  • Portable: 720p dynamic resolution scaling
  • 30 FPS with dips (not "Stable 30fps")
  • PC high texture setting, lower than PS4 and Xbox One as seen here (not "High Res PC textures") As relative to PS4: Certain texture assets are blurrier on Xbox One - which Rebellion says is down to lower anisotropic filtering, not lower quality asset (and the good news is that it may be patched) and probably was 
  • Switch is likely running an even lower level of AF
  • Lower level geometry
  • Lower resolution shadow maps
  • Lowered LoD's
  • Removed light shafts and lens flares
  • Lighting is paired back a bit, exposure is also changed but it still remains similar

Xbox One

This was a cute thread while it lasted :kaz:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And then reality. 

Switch

• Docked: 918p dynamic resolution scaling
  • Portable: 720p dynamic resolution scaling
  • 30 FPS with dips (not "Stable 30fps")
  • PC high texture setting, lower than PS4 and Xbox One as seen here (not "High Res PC textures") As relative to PS4: Certain texture assets are blurrier on Xbox One - which Rebellion says is down to lower anisotropic filtering, not lower quality asset (and the good news is that it may be patched) and probably was 
  • Switch is likely running an even lower level of AF
  • Lower level geometry
  • Lower resolution shadow maps
  • Lowered LoD's
  • Removed light shafts and lens flares
  • Lighting is paired back a bit, exposure is also changed but it still remains similar

Xbox One

This was a cute thread while it lasted :kaz:

Look at the at all that Spin.....Switch runs it better than Base X1. :lawl:

Thread title says BASE X1... Your dumbass brings up X... lol

DF straight up says in the video that the base Xbox still has Screen tearing, has a very unstable frame rate and runs worse than the Switch version. 

You can't spin out of that one... owned!! :fella:

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Look at the at all that Spin.....Switch runs it better than Base X1. :lawl:

Your dumbass brings up X... lol

DF straight up says in the video that the base Xbox still has Screen tearing, has a very unstable frame rate and runs worse than the Switch version. 

You can't spin out of that one... owned!! :fella:

No it doesn't, the videos and pictures are in my post bud. Your thread is shit, take a fucking walk because this is :deader:

You should be banned for this clickbaity nonsense. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

No it doesn't, the videos and pictures are in my post bud. Your thread is shit, take a fucking walk because this is :deader:

DF said base X1 runs worse than Switch..... let me guess.... you know better than DF right? :rofls:

Starting at 7:59  - "Xbox had tearing up and down the screen with a Lower performance" 

YIKES :holeup:

Starting at 8:10 - "Moving to Switch next the performance is far more preferable" 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Starting at 7:59  - "Xbox had tearing up and down the screen with a Lower performance" 

YIKES :holeup:

He's talking about the uncapped mode, they added a v-synced mode in the day one patch. 

You're shooting yourself in the head, again. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

He's talking about the uncapped mode, they added a v-synced mode in the day one patch. 

You're shooting yourself in the head, again. 

I already addressed that in the OP :fella:

"Xbox One launch day patch adds a v-sync option. It's actually an adaptive v-sync that appears to lock gameplay to 30fps, with occasional tearing when the engine dips below that target, as you can see from the videos below" 

It still has tearing after that patch... YIKES :holeup:

35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I already addressed that in the OP :fella:

"Xbox One launch day patch adds a v-sync option. It's actually an adaptive v-sync that appears to lock gameplay to 30fps, with occasional tearing when the engine dips below that target, as you can see from the videos below" 

It still has tearing after that patch... YIKES :holeup:

Watch the video, the tearing is in the scripted sequences which are more demanding and non-ironically they don't show these sequences on Switch lol, and during the entire video via gameplay it drops below 30 to 28 FPS only one time for a second in 5 minutes of gameplay. Tearing is basically non-existent. Switch in its video drops in performance multiple times in gameplay, it drops in the first 3 seconds of them showing its performance, a section which mind you is a locked 30 FPS on Xbox One and then subsequently other times it drops :mj:

Add to this it looks inferior, it's a lower resolution missing effects and is at lower settings basically across the board and you have an inferior build of the game. No if's, and's or but's. 

You're fucking retarded.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Watch the video, the tearing is in the scripted sequences which are more demanding and non-ironically they don't show these sequences on Switch lol, and during the entire video via gameplay it drops below 30 to 28 FPS only one time for a second in 5 minutes of gameplay. Tearing is basically non-existent. Switch in its video drops in performance multiple times in gameplay, it drops in the first 3 seconds of them showing its performance, a section which mind you is a locked 30 FPS on Xbox One and then subsequently other times it drops :mj:

Add to this it looks inferior, it's a lower resolution missing effects and is at lower settings basically across the board and you have an inferior build of the game. No if's, and's or but's. 

You're fucking retarded.

So there is tearing in the base XB1 verisimilitude just like DF said..... Yikes :holeup:

DF played the Switch version extensively and;

1) There was no tearing to be found. 

2) The Framerate was much more stable on Switch compared to base X1.

Anytime DF points out faults in XB1 games you don't believe it and question if it's true "bbbbbut they didn't show that section on Switch :awww:.

Right now, you're tearing up :cries: more than the base Xbox1 version of this game... :lawl:

Just now, Goukosan said:

So there is tearing in the base XB1 verisimilitude just like DF said..... Yikes :holeup:

DF played the Switch version extensively and;

1) There was no tearing to be found. 

2) The Framerate was much more stable on Switch compared to base X1.

Anytime DF points out faults in XB1 games you don't believe it and question if it's true "bbbbbut they didn't show that section on Switch :awww:.

Right now, you're tearing up :cries: more than the base Xbox1 version of this game... :lawl:

Evidence talks, you're done. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

But it's not and the performance video shows that definitively. You're a moron, and delusional. 

That's definitely what DF performance video showed and what their analysis came up with. 

So I guess it's back to you not believing DF :mj:

Switch gameplay performance drops.

KMkoeBv.jpg

MGaYSVZ.jpg

AZN1JxC.jpg

IhaiVpt.jpg

YH58FXb.jpg

Xbox One gameplay performance drops.

E3yumIg.png 

Oh look, you can see that single torn frame at the bottom 95th of the scene. That's it, that's the only drop, that's the only torn frame, and they show over double the amount of gameplay from the Xbox One. Not to mention they completely omit the demanding scripted sequences from Switch during the framerate analysis while they analysed them for both PS4 and Xbox One, hmmm I wonder why... 

I guess that replaces it holding to 30 FPS better than Switch, I guess that replaces it having a 39%-124% higher resolution than Switch. I guess that replaces it having higher graphical settings basically across the board than Switch.

One torn frame in gameplay has led you to this conclusion, this is what I mean by never take what Digital Foundry says and run with it, look at the evidence in data via what is presented, not their "hot takes" on a situation. I don't ever argue with their evidence unless it's objectively wrong, but their fluff and personal interjections are irrelevant in light of data which can be first hand seen and experienced abstract of their stupid viewpoints.

You're absolutely fucking retarded. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
55 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Switch gameplay performance drops.

KMkoeBv.jpg

MGaYSVZ.jpg

AZN1JxC.jpg

IhaiVpt.jpg

YH58FXb.jpg

Xbox One gameplay performance drops.

E3yumIg.png 

Oh look, you can see that single torn frame at the bottom 95th of the scene. That's it, that's the only drop, that's the only torn frame, and they show over double the amount of gameplay from the Xbox One. Not to mention they completely omit the demanding scripted sequences from Switch during the framerate analysis while they analysed them for both PS4 and Xbox One, hmmm I wonder why... 

I guess that replaces it holding to 30 FPS better than Switch, I guess that replaces it having a 39%-124% higher resolution than Switch. I guess that replaces it having higher graphical settings basically across the board than Switch.

One torn frame in gameplay has led you to this conclusion, this is what I mean by never take what Digital Foundry says and run with it, look at the evidence in data via what is presented, not their "hot takes" on a situation. I don't ever argue with their evidence unless it's objectively wrong, but their fluff and personal interjections are irrelevant in light of data which can be first hand seen and experienced abstract of their stupid viewpoints.

You're absolutely fucking retarded. 

Base X1 still tearing frames in Vsync mode.... yikes :holeup:

DF has spoken... base X1 has the worst version :fella:

Argue against DF all you want you sore loser :tom5:

Edited by Goukosan