Digital Foundry: Sniper Elite 3 a superb Switch convertion. Switch version runs better than base X1. version.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Base X1 version is inferior just like DF said. 

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better. :shrug: 

Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently :francis: 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Six pages on a game that scored a 6; how fitting. 

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better.     Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently  

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better. :shrug: 

Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently :francis: 

"Xbox One launch day patch adds a v-sync option. It's actually an adaptive v-sync that appears to lock gameplay to 30fps, with occasional tearing when the engine dips below that target, as you can see from the videos below" 

Still has tearing :holeup:

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Xbox One launch day patch adds a v-sync option. It's actually an adaptive v-sync that appears to lock gameplay to 30fps, with occasional tearing when the engine dips below that target, as you can see from the videos below" 

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.  :shrug: 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

As noted the tearing is nearly non-existent, or didn't you understand that the 50 different ways I explained and actually showed it to you via their own analysis? I know you sheep want some technological win against these better consoles but this isn't the sword to fall on for a number of different reasons.

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.  :shrug: 

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Starting at 7:59  - "Xbox had tearing up and down the screen with a Lower performance" 

YIKES :holeup:

Starting at 8:10 - "Moving to Switch next the performance is far more preferable"...... "No screen tearing to be seen" 

take that up with DF :shrug:

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'll take the rare occasional tear over the low res, muddy textured Switch version. :reg: 

Texture quality itself is also impressive, with the game using the 1024x1024 texture maps used on PC's high settings. 

:cmpunk1:

Just now, Goukosan said:

take that up with DF :shrug:

Except that's already been fixed.  So I am taking it up with DF.  They're speaking about how the Xbox version WAS, and not how it IS.

So if you're done trying to argue about it.. then that's that. :fblike: 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Texture quality itself is also impressive, with the game using the 1024x1024 texture maps used on PC's high settings. 

I already addressed this, they're still worse... Considerably so...

pVuJhaV.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The video itself contradicts that statement. :shrug:

• Upvote 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

That's a PS4 screen shot. 

Xbox1 textures are even worse. 

Certain texture assets are blurrier on Xbox One -  :holeup:

You're slow as fuck and at this point I think you don't read anything I post.

Certain texture assets are blurrier on Xbox One - which Rebellion says is down to lower anisotropic filtering, not lower quality asset (and the good news is that it may be patched) 

It was...

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Except that's already been fixed.  So I am taking it up with DF.  They're speaking about how the Xbox version WAS, and not how it IS.

So if you're done trying to argue about it.. then that's that. :fblike: 

It's not a locked Vsync at all the times on base X1... its Dynamic.  When the frame rate drops below 30fps on base Xbox1, Vsync is disabled and it tears at that point. 

They have already updated the article to account for the Vsync patch on base X1

:shrug:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're slow as fuck and at this point I think you don't read anything I post.

Certain texture assets are blurrier on Xbox One - which Rebellion says is down to lower anisotropic filtering, not lower quality asset (and the good news is that it may be patched) 

It was...

Didn't say it was a lower quality asset.... I said it looks blurrier... which it does :shrug:

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's not a locked Vsync at all the times on base X1... its Dynamic.  When the frame rate drops below 30fps on base Xbox1, Vsync is disabled and it tears at that point. 

They have already updated the article to account for the Vsync patch on base X1

:shrug:

But the framerate doesn't really drop, in 5 minutes of analysis it drop one time for half a second... 

:mj:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

But the framerate doesn't really drop, in 5 minutes of analysis it drop one time for half a second... 

:mj:

It doesn't  drop... bbbut in 5 mins it dropped :lawl:

DF analysis is not based on 5 mins of. playtime doofus :lemming:

Edited by Goukosan