Digital Foundry: Sniper Elite 3 a superb Switch convertion. Switch version runs better than base X1. version.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

*Goes into Remij mode*   

better textures in two screenshots must mean the Switch has better textures throughout right?  Since you know a screenshot represents the entire game :trump2:.... lol

Screenshot_20191013-152124_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-152044_YouTube.jpg

You DO know that's a depth of field effect.... right?  :mj: 

Post a Switch screenshot that looks this good texturewise..

XO_003.bmp.jpg

Gouko... why do you do this to yourself.. :hest: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Six pages on a game that scored a 6; how fitting. 

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better.     Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently  

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You DO know that's a depth of field effect.... right?  :mj: 

Post a Switch screenshot that looks this good texturewise..

XO_003.bmp.jpg

Gouko... why do you do this to yourself.. :hest: 

I was about to say that, not to mention it's not better textures on Switch, it's inferior material quality and lighting/occlusion making shadows appear to recess into surfaces where they shouldn't be.

5EW39eg.jpg

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's like the sarcasm flew straight over your head :rofls:

There's no sarcasm there... those 2 screens DON'T show the Switch version looking better....  You ACTUALLY thought they did though... in an attempt to be sarcastic :rofl: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

There's no sarcasm there... those 2 screens DON'T show the Switch version looking better....  You ACTUALLY thought they did though... in an attempt to be sarcastic :rofl: 

21 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The PS4 version is superior across the board. 

:trump2:

Just now, Goukosan said:

:trump2:

You thought those 2 screens looked better on Switch.  You actually bumped this thread to do this :mj: 

If you ACTUALLY thought the PS4 side looked better... you wouldn't have posted it. :kaz: 

"bu but a screenshot represents the entire game... right?" :drake:   Yea... like a single tear in 5 min represents the entire game... right? :lemming: 

:rofls: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea.. like a single tear in 5 min represents the entire game... right? :lemming: 

:rofls: 

The game isn't 5 mins long doofus...:rofls:

Dynamic Vsync on on base X that still dips and tears..... don't know why that FACT has you so perturbed :mj:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Dynamic Vsync on on base X that still dips and tears..... don't know why that FACT has you so perturbed :mj:

Yea, exactly... which is why those drops every time you fire your gun in the Switch version are going to get really annoying.  Far more so than a single tear here or there.

Notice how I'm not debating that DF found a tear.... but rather how much LESS a single tear impacts the game compared to what THEY SHOWED of the Switch version dropping frames?  A single tear in 5 min... vs drops every time the Switch version goes into x-ray mode?

In fact... DF didn't even show ANYTHING from the XO version of the game... but instead TOM... made a mistake and only talked about it.... WITHOUT knowing that it had been improved.

So.. the very FACT that the game had been patched... and had MULTIPLE patches since then... invalidate what he said... and even what they showed in their initial PS4/XO analysis... which mind you... was released BEFORE the day 1 patch... ROFL

It's ENTIRELY possible.. that the XO version no longer drops frames... and never tears.  Until you... or they... show otherwise.. THOSE are the FACTS.

Tom should have retested the game... Tom did a bad job. :trump2: 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No one is perturbed by the one off 2 fps blip and a 500 millisecond tear every 5 minutes.

What you should be perturbed about is that these blips happen on Switch more often and it gets 15 FPS tanks, literally the framerate gets cut in half. 

AND the game looks worse across the board, and it's lower resolution. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No one is perturbed by the one off 2 fps blip and a 500 millisecond tear every 5 minutes.

What you should be perturbed about is that these blips happen on Switch more often and it gets 15 FPS tanks, literally the framerate gets cut in half. 

AND the game looks worse across the board, and it's lower resolution. 

Looks worse

Runs lower res

far less polygons

drops to 15fps

drops every x-ray gunshot

lacking AO in areas where other consoles clearly have it

less DOF effect

is an old ass game that only sheep would care about at this point

and this is a fucking great Switch port...... :hest: 

Edited by Remij_

Bbbut There are no tears it's fully Vsync'd on Base X. :ironing:

Well what I meant was it does drop and tear but that doesn't count. :awww:

Screenshot_20191013-160518_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160419_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160305_Chrome.jpg

It only dropped ONCE in 5 mins... only one time in 5 mins..... ONE time I swears it. :cries:

Still dips on base X. 

Base X only system with tears.... owned :fella:

Edited by Goukosan
10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bbbut There are no tears it's fully Vsync'd on Base X. :ironing:

Well what I meant was it does drop and tear but that doesn't count. :awww:

Screenshot_20191013-160518_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160419_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160305_Chrome.jpg

It only dropped ONCE in 5 mins... only one time in 5 mins..... ONE time I swears it. :cries:

Still dips on base X. 

Base X only system with tears.... owned :fella:

This nigga is straight retarded, those are not even gameplay, that's a scripted intro sequence. We've already been over this you bumbling moron, they didn't even test these sequences on Switch, they completely skipped right over them.

We're talking about gameplay, GAMEPLAY, the only thing on Switch which was analysed, and if it's dumping frames on Xbox One in those sequences, and it's dumping frames on Switch while not on Xbox One in gameplay you can bet your ass those sequences tank. 

Literally in my first post...

Uncapped unstable 60 FPS which ranges from the 30's to 60 similar to PS4, neither can be maintained but XO is behind/ 30 FPS V-synced option added (30 FPS option exhibits virtually no screen tearing in gameplay, some in intro sequences, is 30 FPS at basically all times during gameplay, some cammed intro sequences exhibit a few drops)

Edited by DynamiteCop!
13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This nigga is straight retarded, those are not even gameplay, that's a scripted intro sequence. We've already been over this you bumbling moron, they didn't even test these sequences on Switch, they completely skipped right over them.

We're talking about gameplay, GAMEPLAY, the only thing on Switch which was analysed, and if it's dumping frames on Xbox One in those sequences, and it's dumping frames on Switch while not on Xbox One in gameplay you can bet your ass those sequences tank. 

DynamiteCop - 

"bbbbut No tears at all... I swears it."

"bbbbut Um.. I mean Once I swears it for real this time!!!!" 

"Bbbut oh wait it wasn't once? ... Well um.... bbbbut they didn't look at that scenes on Switch...I swears it.. trust me:cries:

DF - 

"Gameplay feels evenly paced, v-sync is locked and across detailed analysis of five missions and online plays" 

Oh wait they did play those scenes..... no tearing. :fella:

Screenshot_20191013-163100_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-163257_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Six pages on a game that scored a 6; how fitting. :ben:

6.0 ish and 7.0 ish are AAA to lemmings (Sea of Thieves, State of Decay , Gears 5 etc) :trump:

Never thought a 2014 base X game with screen tearing would generate so much tears in 2019 :luigi::mario1:

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop - 

"bbbbut No tears at all... I swears it."

"bbbbut Um.. I mean Once I swears it for real this time!!!!" 

"Bbbut oh wait it wasn't once? ... Well um.... bbbbut they didn't look at that scenes on Switch...I swears it.. trust me:cries:

DF - 

"Gameplay feels evenly paced, v-sync is locked and across detailed analysis of five missions and online plays" 

Oh wait they did play those scenes..... no tearing. :fella:

They played a few seconds of a scene with the framerate graph and then abruptly cut it off while they play out in their entirety for PS4 and Xbox One. 

You're also not taking into account the game having been patched nearly a dozen times on Xbox One, these issues might not even and likely no longer persist, but as Remij said Tom did a piss poor job, didn't actually retest things and simply jumped into this with ignorance and outdated information. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

6.0 ish and 7.0 ish are AAA to lemmings (Sea of Thieves, State of Decay , Gears 5 etc) :trump:

Never thought a 2014 base X game with screen tearing would generate so much tears in 2019 :luigi::mario1:

Never thought a worse version of a 2014 base X game would be a celebratory moment for Sheep in 2019... but here we are  :mj: 

Edited by Remij_