Digital Foundry: Sniper Elite 3 a superb Switch convertion. Switch version runs better than base X1. version.

Just now, Remij_ said:

You've been DENIED

Tom concluded that the 30fps Switch version was more consistent and preferable to the fluctuating 60fps mode of the XO... which had already been addressed in a patch.  He omitted that information.

He was wrong.. and so are you.  It is what is always was. :blessed: 

No, everything I said was, and is correct.

Like I said............take it up with Digital Foundry.

Nothing I have said has been denied, they are all factually true statements.

It is what it is.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Six pages on a game that scored a 6; how fitting. 

Seems like the XO version with vsync enabled is better.     Switch is still the worst version bro.  Sorry.. you tried valiently  

It almost never dips though.  And it's also far less distracting than the stutter/drops that the Switch version exhibits when shooting and going into X-ray mode.   

Posted Images

Lmao look at the RE DF thread.  No sheep want to be In that .

Then we get a DF thread about fucking Sniper Elite that will be 5 plus pages because sheep thought they had a win. 

Too bad it game back and slapped them in the face . Sheep are embarrassing LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, everything I said was, and is correct.

Like I said............take it up with Digital Foundry.

Nothing I have said has been denied, they are all factually true statements.

It is what it is.

No they aren't factually true.  What's factually true is what Tom said... when he said the Switch version at 30fps was preferable to the 60fps XO version because it was more consistent.

He said nothing about the Switch version being better than the XO version at 30fps... and DEFINITELY said nothing about a single screen tear being the worst thing in graphics.

No sir.  Denied.  

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

No they aren't factually true.  What's factually true is what Tom said... when he said the Switch version at 30fps was preferable to the 60fps XO version because it was more consistent.

He said nothing about the Switch version being better than the XO version at 30fps... and DEFINITELY said nothing about a single screen tear being the worst thing in graphics.

No sir.  Denied.  

Those statements that I have made are true.

You seem to have trouble reading what I am typing.  You are now trying to conflate things (maybe intentionally).

1.) It drops frames

2.) It screen tears

3.) Digital Foundry prefers the version that doesn't tear

= All true things that happen.

It is what it is. You can't stop anything I just said from being true.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Those statements that I have made are true.

You seem to have trouble reading what I am typing.  You are now trying to conflate things (maybe intentionally).

1.) It drops frames

2.) It screen tears

3.) Digital Foundry prefers the version that doesn't tear

= All true things that happen.

It is what it is. You can't stop anything I just said from being true.

No.  I'm reading what you're typing.. and it doesn't line up at all with what Tom said.  That's a fact.

He even says in the video... and I quote "the Switch next, while docked, the performance is far more preferable.  In fact, I wish PS4 had a 30fps cap.. all things considered."

He acts like the 30fps locked vsynced version on XO doesn't exist.  He omitted that information.  So his CLAIM was invalidated... because he didn't know the latter existed.  He even said "arguably the better version"... well... I'm arguing with him :reg: 

Tom should know better.  And so should you Jerry.

But since now that I know screen tearing is so terrible to you..to the point where one unnoticeable tear in 5min of gameplay is THE WORST THING IN GFX...  we'll have to see how other Switch and PS4 versions of games fare on that front. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.  I'm reading what you're typing.. and it doesn't line up at all with what Tom said.  That's a fact.

He even says in the video... and I quote "the Switch next, while docked, the performance is far more preferable.  In fact, I wish PS4 had a 30fps cap.. all things considered."

He acts like the 30fps locked vsynced version on XO doesn't exist.  He omitted that information.  So his CLAIM was invalidated... because he didn't know the latter existed.  He even said "arguably the better version"... well... I'm arguing with him :reg: 

Tom should know better.  And so should you Jerry.

But since now that I know screen tearing is so terrible to you..to the point where one unnoticeable tear in 5min of gameplay is THE WORST THING IN GFX...  we'll have to see how other Switch and PS4 versions of games fare on that front. :shrug: 

No, that's what they said.

That is what has happened.

You're not arguing........you just wishing they'd change what they said.

That's no different than what Dynocrap crap every day.

I'm not Digital Foundry..........you do at least KNOW THAT, right?:drake:I'm sure there's an email somewhere. Get to typing.

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, that's what they said.

That is what has happened.

You're not arguing........you just wishing they'd change what they said.

That's no different than what Dynocrap crap every day.

I'm not Digital Foundry..........you do at least KNOW THAT, right?:drake:I'm sure there's an email somewhere. Get to typing.

It is what it is.

That's not what they said.

And no... you're not DF.  You agreeing with them doesn't change the fact that they omitted information which pertains to what he was ACTUALLY COMPARING and saying was preferable.  The 30fps lock. :reg: 

:hest: 

gun1.png

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And no... you're not DF.  You agreeing with them doesn't change the fact that they omitted information which pertains to what he was ACTUALLY COMPARING and saying was preferable.  The 30fps lock. :reg: 

gun1.png

Nope, that's what it is.

And there's nothing you can do about that. Whining about it doesn't help you.

They prefer how the game is configured to perform on the Switch over the base XBO.

TO paraphrase a key scene from Goodfellas: "what's done is done. and there's nothing anybody can do about it."

Now proceed to beat up a phone booth. LOL

53 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

gun1.png

its like you didn't read the OP. 

On base XB1 the Vsync is not locked.... it's A dynamic Vsync.   In high stress areas the game drops Vsync, it drops frames and it tears. 

DF already addressed this in their base X1 analysis.... and yes... that was after the patch. 

The fact that it tears when it drops is worse than no tears at all.    That is the point.   As he said.. 30fps with no tears is better than 30 with tears.. That was DF's conclusion. 

Owned :fella:

Edited by Goukosan

This reminds me of when analysis videos showed Ori ran slightly better on Switch and DynamiteCop had a Titty fit. 

Bbbut they're wrong.... look at My analysis it shows no drops within a 5 min span that means the entire game has no drops... Im right they're wrong :awww:

Then the developer themselves came out and said the same... that Switch version is slightly better and he had to shut the fuck up :lawl:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Lmao look at the RE DF thread.  No sheep want to be In that .

Then we get a DF thread about fucking Sniper Elite that will be 5 plus pages because sheep thought they had a win. 

Too bad it game back and slapped them in the face . Sheep are embarrassing LOL

Yes.. DF said those ports were trash.... And we agree... its trash.  What is there to argue? :shrug:

The only faction that argues against DF is the delusional lemmings. Well they only argue when Xbox loses.... when Xbox wins DF is right and on point..... but any slight against Xbox?  Then DF are hacks and they're wrong :cries:

Lmfao. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

its like you didn't read the OP. 

On base XB1 the Vsync is not locked.... it's A dynamic Vsync.   In high stress areas the game drops Vsync, it drops frames and it tears. 

DF already addressed this in their base X1 analysis.... and yes... that was after the patch. 

The fact that it tears when it drops is worse than no tears at all.    That is the point.   As he said.. 30fps with no tears is better than 30 with tears.. That was DF's conclusion. 

Owned :fella:

Why would you think I didn't read the OP?  I've stated in many posts already that the game tears a single frame in 5 min from what they've shown... adaptive vsync.. is still... vsynced. 

It would be a point... if the XO droped frames like the Switch version... but it does not.  He's comparing 2 very different things... and you're conflating what he's saying.

So no.  You just have to deal with the fact that Tom fucked up and didn't even realize that the XO version had a 30fps lock.

You're NOT changing that detail.  And you're NOT changing the fact that he said that 30fps was more consistent and thus preferable to a fluctuating 30-60fps... which it is.. except the XO has been patched since then.

Don't ever try it again with me

:tophat2:

gun1.png

Edited by Remij_
  • Upvote 1