Another high-profile departure at 343 industries/ Halo Infinite: This time it's the lead-producer of the game

Mary’s role as an Executive Producer and then Lead Producer on Campaign was to help drive the game to its completion for our holiday 2020 release date – with the latter specifically focusing on campaign deliverables.

...drive the game to its completion in holiday 2020... not leave 6 weeks after she was given the role.

plus if it was planned they obviously wouldn’t have given her lead producer role less than 2 months ago...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're literally being raped just by associating with Halo for a month now. I can see your mental well-being deteriorating in real time

No, of course he's not going to say.   Still though.. I think he gives a good hint as to why she left..  It seems like she wanted to work with her friend.. who likely got her the job there. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Mary’s role as an Executive Producer and then Lead Producer on Campaign was to help drive the game to its completion for our holiday 2020 release date – with the latter specifically focusing on campaign deliverables.

...drive the game to its completion in holiday 2020... not leave 6 weeks after she was given the role.

plus if it was planned they obviously wouldn’t have given her lead producer role less than 2 months ago...

Give it a rest, holy shit high school female. 

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There was talk that she was filling in until the replacement could be found.  Life happens.  She made a choice to leave... what he's obviously intending with his post is to clarify that there's no issue.. and the entire team is on track to hit the 2020 release.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There was talk that she was filling in until the replacement could be found.  Life happens.  She made a choice to leave... what he's obviously intending with his post is to clarify that there's no issue.. and the entire team is on track to hit the 2020 release.

I have no doubt the game is fine and there is no way this game will ever be delayed. It’s too important as a Scarlett launch title. However do you think he would say there was an issue if there was?

we only found out about the major issues at ND during UCIV development through Schreier’s book years later.

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, but you're just speculating. :trump: 

TL;DR: Title is super misleading, there is no creative dilemma inside the studio, and there’s no writing on the walls.

Well, if you don't want to respond to what I'm saying, then you're free to ignore it.

Other than that my points very much stand. He didn't really answer the thing that people are concerned about, and he actually opened up another area of concern.

I'll await for somebody more capable to try and respond.

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I have no doubt the game is fine and there is no way this game will ever be delayed. It’s too important as a Scarlett launch title. However do you think he would say there was an issue if there was?

we only found out about the major issues at ND during UCIV development through Schreier’s book years later.

No, of course he's not going to say.

Still though.. I think he gives a good hint as to why she left..  It seems like she wanted to work with her friend.. who likely got her the job there.  (turns out he's the founder, so he probably poached her)

Mary joining Josh Holmes at Midwinter is nothing short of exciting news for me, because I’m eager to give Scavengers another go soon (I played it at E3 and thoroughly enjoyed it).

Lots of devs make moves to go to more independent studios later in their careers.  The timing sucks... but she probably left knowing that there were capable people.  It's obviously not a good look.. but it's only that way because people on the internet have no idea what really goes on.

Edited by Remij_
  • Upvote 1

you were celebrating a 65yr old japanese man leaving sony's board room for retirement :rofls:

Here's the facts: This campaign mode is beyond fucked and anyone who takes a look at it leaves 343i studio screaming and kicking up a trail of dust behind them.

We can assume that whatever 343i's squad of low-level coders and SJW quota hires have cooked up is so horrifying and shitty it will make gears 5 feminist campaign look like goty material.

Halo is dead

Edited by Bodycount N
  • 9 months later...
On 2019-10-14 at 2:00 PM, Bodycount N said:

you were celebrating a 65yr old japanese man leaving sony's board room for retirement :rofls:

Here's the facts: This campaign mode is beyond fucked and anyone who takes a look at it leaves 343i studio screaming and kicking up a trail of dust behind them.

We can assume that whatever 343i's squad of low-level coders and SJW quota hires have cooked up is so horrifying and shitty it will make gears 5 feminist campaign look like goty material.

Halo is dead

:aitch:

• dead 2
On 2019-10-13 at 9:41 AM, unnamed said:

A year from launch a game like this is already basically complete, at this point it's technical production, sound recording, dialog etc. 

People are leaving because their role has been completed. 

They left before the ship sank you dumb bitch :kaz:

On 2019-10-13 at 10:41 AM, unnamed said:

A year from launch a game like this is already basically complete, at this point it's technical production, sound recording, dialog etc. 

People are leaving because their role has been completed. 

On 2019-10-13 at 1:10 PM, HALOmij said:

If Chris Lee left... I'd be concerned.  As of right now... not concerned at all. 

On 2019-10-14 at 1:41 AM, unnamed said:

Game is fine just like I said, y'all need to shut the fuck up and stop being drama queens. 

Look at these two.. 

The game is basically complete, I'm not concerned, the game is fine stop being drama Queens. :lawl:

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Look at these two.. 

The game is basically complete, I'm not concerned, the game is fine stop being drama Queens. :lawl:

And the shit they spewed for Prime 4. :mj:

45 minutes ago, nitric said:

They left before the ship sank you dumb bitch :kaz:

42 minutes ago, -GD- said:

:deader:

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

And the shit they spewed for Prime 4. :mj:

Guiz Pwease stop bullying the lemmings... your obsession with them unhealthy... think about their feelings... MS flopping has hurt their soul :feelsbadman:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Guiz Pwease stop bullying the lemmings... your obsession with them unhealthy... think about their feelings... MS flopping has hurt their soul :feelsbadman:

Jesus, the butthurt is spilling over... and he claims I'm the fragile one :hest: 

2 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Jesus, the butthurt is spilling over... and he claims I'm the fragile one :hest: 

52 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Look at these two.. 

stop it guiz :cry:

24 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

You're literally being raped just by associating with Halo for a month now. I can see your mental well-being deteriorating in real time

Edited by nitric
  • Haha 2