An insider who has seen a game running on PS5 dev kit said it's like this AC:Unity CGI trailer

He said it's close to that, and that there's no mistaking it for a current gen game.  Said it puts games like RDR2 and TLOU2 to complete shame.  It was open world, and the amount of dynamic things happening is just on another level completely.  He specifically mentioned the "flyover" part of the trailer, where you can see the entire city.  The amount of detail was on that level.

Also, he said that he thinks people will be disappointed in how close spec-wise the two consoles are.  That people would be expecting a bigger difference between them.

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bump it all you want... you're still going to be playing Apple arcade games  

aaaaaannnnnnddd this thread has run its course

This will be nice to bump 

I'm honestly going to sidestep basically everything about these systems, most if not all of it ends up being bullshit anyways. Xbox One and PS4? No one had a clue what was what until they were basically revealed. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? Basically the same thing, a few weeks to months lead time and nothing more. 

We never learn. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

That's awesome, hope they have a shitload of games next February to showcase alongside it.

Can't wait.

Yea me too.  Can't wait to see what true next gen only games will look like.

He mentioned something about the TF number being double digits, but it sounds like that might be as a comparison to past gen consoles.. meaning Vega TFs.  The consoles COULD possibly come in around 8-9 Navi TFs.  But that other rendering advancements and capabilities will push it well beyond.  Using TFs to compare between generations is meaningless... especially between the enhanced consoles and these ones.  These consoles will be much better designed and balanced around improving every visual aspect of a game, not just resolution.

I wonder how they will market these consoles.  If they talk about TF numbers.. are they going to just compare them to the base consoles and say that these TFs are far "better" than that generation of console.  Or use "equivalent" numbers in comparison to X1X and Pro?  Or maybe not even really talk about TFs at all and let the visuals themselves do the talking? lol

Can't wait.  Also XO London is happening in November.. now that Sony's spoken a bit more about the console.. I wonder if MS will announce some more stuff and give us even more insight at that event?

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm honestly going to sidestep basically everything about these systems, most if not all of it ends up being bullshit anyways. Xbox One and PS4? No one had a clue what was what until they were basically revealed. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? Basically the same thing, a few weeks to months lead time and nothing more. 

We never learn. 

Eh, it doesn't really hurt to speculate.  It passes the time.

But outside of the comparison stuff.. if a person says they've seen something, and are a creditable person, then it's exciting to hear their opinions on it.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

We never learn. 

We had a PS4 Neo Dev kit documentation leak like 9 before launch. And orbis specs leaked like 16 months before release.

The leaks suck ass ATM.

Kleegamefan

The demo I saw had the very best real time graphics I've ever seen. And what I mean by that is it looked like a real game you can play.

Not some super polished UE4 or Unity technical demo that you would see at gdc.

To me, there was no mistaking this for a current generation on PC or console.

To be clear, in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics, RDR2 or TLOU2 aren't even in the same time zone as this.

and yeah, it kinda was like a Shadowfall moment to me in that it seemed totally different from what I've been used to in the previous generation.

Now granted, Framerate was maybe 25 to 30-ish and it was early, early,early. But I actually said out loud WTF when I first saw it.

Hugely impressive.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Can’t wait. :kaz: you kids are flat out morons, every single gen. 

Calling people morons when you're just another millennial peon who eats Crapple's turds every single year for the last 10 years. :rofls:  Hiding behind PosC to save face because Switch doesn't hold a candle against real consoles when it comes to graphics and 3rd party support. :rofls: 

Exorcised :tom:  

13022914_imageproxya1jws.png&key=f51f692   gun1.png&key=b6b49317cdfce897b490b51d118

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Calling people morons when you're just another millennial peon who eats Crapple's turds every single year for the last 10 years. :rofls:  Hiding behind PosC to save face because Switch doesn't hold a candle against real consoles when it comes to graphics and 3rd party support. :rofls: 

Exorcised :tom:  

13022914_imageproxya1jws.png&key=f51f692   gun1.png&key=b6b49317cdfce897b490b51d118

And yet, BOTW is better than any game ever on a PlayStation :kaz: