Halo Infinite 8K screens

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joel... main character.. current gen game 30fps   Pilot... side character.. current gen game 60fps      

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I can't wait to see this in person, the readability and clarity is so good. 

Dropping down onto Installation 07 with lush environmental visuals... insane draw distances.. with this fidelity. :wow2: 

2018-halo-infinite-jx.jpg

Driving around in a Warthog with tons of enemies and shit happening..  It's so fucking clean and detailed.. 

If we got another taste at XO London I would be happy.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Dropping down onto Installation 07 with lush environmental visuals... insane draw distances.. with this fidelity. :wow2: 

2018-halo-infinite-jx.jpg

Driving around in a Warthog with tons of enemies and shit happening..  It's so fucking clean and detailed.. 

If we got another taste at XO London I would be happy.

Oh it's going to be nuts. I hope they show off another mini trailer, nothing huge but save the big push for E3 and the hardware reveal. 

What are you thinking it's operational metrics will be on the three consoles just spitballing?

Xbox One: 720p/60 with dynamic resolution and a reconstruction technique

Xbox One X: 1440p/60 with dynamic resolution and reconstruction technique (some higher settings)

Xbox Scarlett: 4K/60 higher settings than the X with some smart uses of RT

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh it's going to be nuts. I hope they show off another mini trailer, nothing huge but save the big push for E3 and the hardware reveal. 

What are you thinking it's operational metrics will be on the three consoles just spitballing?

Xbox One: 720p/60 with dynamic resolution and a reconstruction technique

Xbox One X: 1440p/60 with dynamic resolution and reconstruction technique (some higher settings)

Xbox Scarlett: 4K/60 higher settings than the X with some smart uses of RT

XO sounds about right.. but X1X is harder to say.  I think X1X will go a bit higher, but 1440p will be the lowest it will drop.

Scarlett will be 4K/60 with the highest possible settings.  I dunno if the game will support RT or not.  With the noise MS is making about Scarlett supporting ray-tracing.. you would think it would.  But it will be very limited.  I think in key scenes, Chief's helmet visor might use it.  It seems that way, from the first engine reveal.

thumb-1920-926721.png

At first I thought that was just a faked effect.. but now that RT hardware has been confirmed.. I'm pretty sure it was our first glimpse at their RT solution.

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

XO sounds about right.. but X1X is harder to say.  I think X1X will go a bit higher, but 1440p will be the lowest it will drop.

Scarlett will be 4K/60 with the highest possible settings.  I dunno if the game will support RT or not.  With the noise MS is making about Scarlett supporting ray-tracing.. you would think it would.  But it will be very limited.  I think in key scenes, Chief's helmet visor might use it.  It seems that way, from the first engine reveal.

3840_haloinfinite_e318_masterchief_crop-

At first I thought that was just a faked effect.. but now that RT hardware has been confirmed.. I'm pretty sure it was our first glimpse at their RT solution.

I think 1440p with reconstruction to give the appearance of a higher resolution will simply be the peak on the back of its CPU, I'm expecting more demand from this on the CPU front and thus the resolution will have to be sacrificed to maintain performance. 

That's what I meant in terms of some intelligent uses, I'm not expecting like full scene RT or anything for something this early. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think 1440p with reconstruction to give the appearance of a higher resolution will simply be the peak on the back of its CPU, I'm expecting more demand from this on the CPU front and thus the resolution will have to be sacrificed to maintain performance. 

That's what I meant in terms of some intelligent uses, I'm not expecting like full scene RT or anything for something this early. 

Yeah.  It definitely could be.

It will be interesting to see how MS differentiates current gen from next gen with this game.  I think it will be far more than just resolution differences.  We'll just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

The least impressive 'first next gen game' reveal we've ever gotten. Even Perfect dark zero preliminary screens was more impressive.

142714-medium.jpg

It's not the first next gen game.  It's a cross gen game. :shrug: 

Look at you losing your shit... talking about graphics while touting Switch as your main platform :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not the first next gen game.  It's a cross gen game. :shrug: 

Look at you losing your shit... talking about graphics while touting Switch as your main platform :tom: 

Look at his posts, you can feel the lemming creeping through. He wants this, there's so much internal conflict :lawl: