Witcher 3 Ditch

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blurish trash  

Tbh I’m already annoyed that my first play through of this was on the base PS4. I’m buying it again the next steam sale and experiencing the real version 

Switch in docked mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being 960x540 and the highest resolution found being 1280x720. Pixel counts in docked mode are often below 1280x720. Switch in portable mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest resolution found being 832x468 and the highest resolution found being 960x540.

Switch in portable mode seems to turn anti-aliasing on and off dynamically based on load. PS4 renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080.

The Switch can sometimes experience large frame time spikes when travelling through Crookback Bog

:danylol:832 x 468 

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Tbh I’m already annoyed that my first play through of this was on the base PS4. I’m buying it again the next steam sale and experiencing the real version 

I had no idea that the NPC count in Novigrad is that low in the console versions, especially in the middle of the town square. Its a considerably different experience on the PC.

12 minutes ago, Casual said:

It's soo much better :D 

Also, if you're into those kinds of things, and you have decent hardware, there's a mod that spans the entire game which greatly increases the resolution of textures.. and even fixes some of the lower polygonal meshes in the game.. while keeping a look that's consistent with the original.

44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its a blurry mess, but Witcher 3 should be experienced by as many people as possible so if this gets the sheep to play it then so be it.

It really shouldn't be experienced like that though.  Even a low end PC will run this game better.

50 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Digital Foundry's article/video is up...

PS4

PS4_001.jpg

Switch Docked

Docked_001.jpg

PS4

PS4_002.jpg

Switch

Docked_002.jpg

yea..... no. 

Actually, Digital Foundry seems somewhat positive on the Switch version of the game.

Which is probably the reason you only posted certain screenshots, but not actually their video in which they stay positive through the majority of it.

They compliment the CPU basically matching the PS4's in providing the same NPC count, object physics, dismemberment.

"So to recap, Witcher 3 nails it with high NPC count, water physics, a strong post-effects suite, and very nice optimized loads in the Toussaint area"

"The downsides, these are more an issue for docked play, but those popping in spots, lower-grade assets, and issues with aliasing. As a whole, it still holds on the visual front, but all the better if you are going purely handheld to disguise those issues."

Going handheld is the entire point for even looking forward to this game to begin with. Seems like they did a solid job.

Just now, jehurey said:

Actually, Digital Foundry seems somewhat positive on the Switch version of the game.

Which is probably the reason you only posted certain screenshots, but not actually their video in which they stay positive through the majority of it.

The screenshots speak for themselves.  It doesn't matter what digital foundry thinks.  

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The screenshots speak for themselves.  It doesn't matter what digital foundry thinks.  

No, it seems like you are AVOIDING what the authorative source is saying.

Which is your right.............free country brother.

Except attempting to MISLEAD isn't going to work around here.:trump:

If you are going to talk about Digital Foundry, then nobody should have a problem with talking about EVERYTHING they said.

21 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Exactly, these idiots never understand this. It doesn't matter what they think, their "hot takes" are not only irrelevant to data but also perceivable factual differences.