Project xCloud preview invites rolling out now

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to hear your impressions too since you'll represent a best case scenario.    

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'd like to put this to the test, and see how it works with 1ms latency at the station i work at. 

I'd like to hear your impressions too since you'll represent a best case scenario.

• Like 1

So this is easily the best streaming service I've tried so far.

Killer Instinct I was even able to do manuals .

Gears was fine too. Didn't try the others yet.

Couldn't really find a comfortable way to position my phone either.  This made me realize I never want a switch . Screen to small.

Also it kicks you out of your xbox when you sign on so you cant watch youtube or anything , lame .

Idk of my tablet supports this but it would be a much better experience on tablet , or pc or the console itself .

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

So this is easily the best streaming service I've tried so far.

Killer Instinct I was even able to do manuals .

Gears was fine too. Didn't try the others yet.

Couldn't really find a comfortable way to position my phone either.  This made me realize I never want a switch . Screen to small.

Also it kicks you out of your xbox when you sign on so you cant watch youtube or anything , lame .

Idk of my tablet supports this but it would be a much better experience on tablet , or pc or the console itself .

Hear that @Goukosan? Turns out... playing gears 5 on a 6” screen isn’t worth the trouble. Hell, playing gears 5 on any inch screen....isn’t worth the trouble. 

next time you brag, think about what you say. 

I’ll remind you of this for the next 5 years tho. :troll:

I just got in as well, obviously there's latency but it's actually quite fine. Image quality looks great, I played through a whole mission in Halo 5 and did a treasure adventure in Sea of Thieves without so much as a noticeable artifact. 

While this won't replace gaming on the whole for a long time, this is a really nice secondary service. 

Have they not spoke on 3rd parties? IF no 3rd parties support this it is useless.

I couldn't really tell any lag in KI. IQ was good as well but curious to see what it looks like on a big screen.

As for playability it was MUCH better than EAs and PSNow and I had both of them connected via ethernet. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I just got in as well, obviously there's latency but it's actually quite fine. Image quality looks great, I played through a whole mission in Halo 5 and did a treasure adventure in Sea of Thieves without so much as a noticeable artifact. 

While this won't replace gaming on the whole for a long time, this is a really nice secondary service. 

What device were you playing on? Xbox?

Just now, JONBpc said:

Its only for mobile iirc

Oh I see.

Shit then... that bodes well for wired connections in home like laptops and PCs.

I was using Steam Remote play the other day with a wired connection and was surprised just how great it felt.  You could tell there was a slight difference.. but extremely playable.  The convenience of the feature easily outweighs that at this point.  I'll get better in the future.

31 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Oh you think it's not too? :mj:

What's this now?  Don't be an idiot.

This is what Xcloud really is.

These actual servers are running on Xeon processors.  The Xbox's sit within server blades and act as hosts to remote devices, be it a phone or tablet or whatever else your mind can imagine.  That is all the Xbox consoles are used for.  The inter connectivity between all the Xbox One consoles is where the magic happens.  Multiplayer sessions can be processed in real time in the cloud then streamed back to each device.  The only thing that needs to be fast is the user's connection.  If the user has a decent connection to internet then multiplayer sessions within the cloud will be like you're playing in real time. no lag.  It's revolutionary and Sony has not fucking accomplished this with their shit service.. :D 

Edited by Spicalicious
6 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

What's this now?  Don't be an idiot.

This is what Xcloud really is.

These actual servers are running on Xeon processors.  The Xbox's sit within server blades and act as hosts to remote devices, be it a phone or tablet or whatever else your mind can imagine.  That is all the Xbox consoles are used for.  The inter connectivity between all the Xbox One consoles is where the magic happens.  Multiplayer sessions can be processed in real time in the cloud then streamed back to each device.  The only thing that needs to be fast is the user's connection.  If the user has a decent connection to internet then multiplayer sessions within the cloud will be like you're playing in real time. no lag.  It's revolutionary and Sony has not fucking accomplished this with their shit service.. :D 

What hasn't Sony accomplished exactly?