any good third party controllers that can be used for switch and iphone?

the whole joycon issue is really annoying. i went to borrow one from a buddy of mine, and he said all 6 have issues. so, i have dragon quest s just sitting there. he's got a pro controller, so he's good. but i don't want to spend $60 on one. so...any third party brands you guys recommend? 

Edited by -GD-
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bigger than RToD and sheep try to brush it under the rug LOL

Just don't get a PowerA controller. Those things are trash.

I got a 8BITDO controller whenever I wanted to play classic games and arcade games on the Switch.   Specifically this one:   I think its compatible with both iOS and Android,

Just now, -GD- said:

the whole joycon issue is really annoying. i went to borrow one from a buddy of mine, and he said all 6 have issues. so, i have dragon quest s just sitting there. he's got a pro controller, so he's good. but i don't want to spend $60 on a controller. so...any third party brands you guys recommend? 

The Pro controller has its own issues as well.

The joycon shit is out of hand.  Nintendo used to be by far the best about controllers... and now... :scust: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

The Pro controller has its own issues as well.

The joycon shit is out of hand.  Nintendo used to be by far the best about controllers... and now... :scust: 

at first, the drifting was mild. now, the joycon is downright unusable. funny enough, i owned 2 360s and none of them ever got the RROD 

Edited by -GD-
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

at first, the drifting was mild. now, the joycon is downright unusable. funny enough, i owned 2 360s and none of them ever got the RROD 

It's why I'd never recommend a Switch lite to anyone... It's not a matter of if.. but when.. you'll have to replace it.

The Nintendo Seal of Quality used to mean something :( 

Just now, JONBpc said:

Bigger than RToD and sheep try to brush it under the rug LOL

i didn't realize it until a buddy of mine said all 6 are going to be sent back. yes...6! he has a bunch because he and his fiance have like 2 or 3 consoles. 

I got a 8BITDO controller whenever I wanted to play classic games and arcade games on the Switch.

Specifically this one:

02-L.jpg

I think its compatible with both iOS and Android, along with Switch.

The trick is that you have to press a series of buttons in order to do bluetooth signal for specific devices, and a different series of buttons in order to do connect via bluetooth on Switch, and once you do that, I think you have to press the power button on a certain of times so that it knows to power on as a Switch controller, or as an Android controller.

The top should buttons are...........okay. The problem is that they made the top shoulder buttons be flush with that round design, so there's plastic getting in the way of your finger. And the top button feels a little too stiff and clicky, which isn't how the original SNES controller felt.

Maybe this version might work better:

SN30-GB.jpg

Edited by jehurey
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, -GD- said:

the whole joycon issue is really annoying. i went to borrow one from a buddy of mine, and he said all 6 have issues. so, i have dragon quest s just sitting there. he's got a pro controller, so he's good. but i don't want to spend $60 on one. so...any third party brands you guys recommend? 

Send in your Joy-Cons for free replacement. 

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I’m going to, but in the meantime, I’d like a controller I can use. 

They're just going to fuck up again.  What's the point?  Nintendo isn't actually fixing the problem.. as evidenced by their Joycon lite.

If you spend $30 on some cheap shit.. you'll just waste your money.  Just spend $60 on the Pro controller, and ditch the shitty joycons.  You might have the odd d-pad fuck up with the pro controller.. but you wont have drifting analog issues.

Edited by Remij_
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They're just going to fuck up again.  What's the point?  Nintendo isn't actually fixing the problem.. as evidenced by their Joycon lite.

If you spend $30 on some cheap shit.. you'll just waste your money.  Just spend $60 on the Pro controller, and ditch the shitty joycons.  You might have the odd d-pad fuck up with the pro controller.. but you wont have drifting analog issues.

Fuck it. I’ll get the pro then. 

8 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-Raspberry/dp/B07B7LMM52/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ps4+controller+adapter+switch&qid=1571091139&sr=8-2

or get one of those adapters that coverts the signal so you can use a Dualshock 4 or XB1 controller

Shit I would just do this, he already has them. The Xbox controller would probably be the most like minded controller to the Pro. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, -GD- said:

You have to get a Pro Controller bro.

They are that good.