Modded Switches can run Witcher 3 at 60fps.

Apparently the Switch version is a port of the PC game. 

So much so that if your Switch is modded you can simply copy over the settings files from the PC version of the game and unlock PC graphics settings options!(More Graphic options) 

Combined with an overclock, (technically this is the stock clocks of an X1 because an unmodded Switch downclocks the X1) MVG managed to get the game running at 60FPS! (uncapped frame rate) 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

while it's definitely a technical accomplishment, there's no way i could play this on the switch. it just looks too compromised. hell, even the ps4/xbo versions were compromised. 

The mod + overclock allows you to improve the look of the game.  While not PS4 or PC level... having this caliber of game on portable is kinda crazy. 

I just found it interesting that the Switch version is the PC code on Switch.  So much so that you can import your settings file from the PC version directly to the Switch game (modded switch of course). 

Just now, Goukosan said:

The mod + overclock allows you to improve the look of the game.  While not PS4 or PC level... having this caliber of game on portable is kinda crazy. 

I just found it interesting that the Switch version is the PC code on Switch.  So much so that you can import your settings file from the PC version directly to the Switch game (modded switch of course). 

that is pretty cool. i wonder if the pc aspect helped with the port. it is pretty impressive they were able to get this on the switch. 

You do know that nVidia just released a new nVidia ShieldTV+ just recently, and its literally the same looking device, except nVidia is saying that they have it running on a new processor that they call the Tegra X1+

And that its 25% faster.

So that means nVidia had to have begun manufacturing a new X1 chip.  That's gotta be for the Switch pro.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You do know that nVidia just released a new nVidia ShieldTV+ just recently, and its literally the same looking device, except nVidia is saying that they have it running on a new processor that they call the Tegra X1+

And that its 25% faster.

So that means nVidia had to have begun manufacturing a new X1 chip.  That's gotta be for the Switch pro.

lol no. 

That's the revised X1 in the Switch lite and it's now in all new base Switches (new models have a red box) 

That's just an X1 refresh. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

lol no. 

That's the revised X1 in the Switch lite and it's now in all new base Switches (new models have a red box) 

That's just an X1 refresh. 

Oh ok, so we already have the X1+ in there, which means getting the revised Switch or Switch lite can open itself up to some modding while still maitaining decent battery.

What I would like would be to crack it up like as if it were docked, but still play it handheld and still have a decent 3-4 hour battery life.

I need to look to see if Gamestop has any good trade-in deals for upping to the newer Switch.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

that is pretty cool. i wonder if the pc aspect helped with the port. it is pretty impressive they were able to get this on the switch. 

Well the general consensus was that this looked like the PC version at low settings...so i guess this just confirms that it is literally that version of the game :mj:

Edited by Twinblade
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Well the general consensus was that this looked like the PC version at low settings...so i guess this just confirms that it is literally that version of the game :mj:

Well, that's probably the case for all the non-PC versions, except they are able to have those run at higher resolutions and probably have higher-res texture packs load from the disc.

You're acting like as if the PS4/XBO versions aren't running the game with graphics settings around Low to Medium settings.