NFS Heat is looking pretty awesome

Those fade to black transitions between the race and the cutscenes feel outdated.

They should have a racing game story campaign in which after the race is finished the camera shifts over to right outside the drivers window as he gets a phone call or maybe he slows down to a street curb to speak to somebody and have it transition immediately to a cutscene.

Also I saw this video about Driver San Francisco and how crazy the game's story is, and I immediately got a copy of that game because I've been meaning to try it out. These NFS games are still trying to capture a PG-13 version of Fast & Furious from 2004 that just isn't relevant anymore.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Those fade to black transitions between the race and the cutscenes feel outdated.

They should have a racing game story campaign in which after the race is finished the camera shifts over to right outside the drivers window as he gets a phone call or maybe he slows down to a street curb to speak to somebody and have it transition immediately to a cutscene.

Also I saw this video about Driver San Francisco and how crazy the game's story is, and I immediately got a copy of that game because I've been meaning to try it out. These NFS games are still trying to capture a PG-13 version of Fast & Furious from 2004 that just isn't relevant anymore.

You don't need a pretentious story arc to make a racing game good.

You just need good gameplay, a wide selection of cars, a nice track, and good music.

Look at Tokyo Xtreme Racer games; very basic story and compelling gameplay. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I caved in....and bought the month pass to try the game. I can't compare it to those Forza Games since I haven't played them but it feels like a solid racing game and it's beautiful too. I've only played the Xbox 360 most wanted and Rivals on PS4 so I also can't compare it to the supposed shit ones in between. BUT It's hilarious seeing the different neighborhoods and landmarks around me. It's not as accurate as The Crew 2's Miami but this is a nice reimagining of it. And the hype people on youtube weren't kidding...the cops are tough and this is on medium. They keep busting me (fuck 4 cylinders) It's good that you can't just breeze through the game. Seems to be a good, not crazy amount of customization options. 

Feel bad for the console plebs if you are really playing this at 30fps. Even 60 bothers me. I'd rather lower the settings down to get ~75 and bump the resolution up. Damn, I hope it goes on special for and the discount applies on top of that.

I have it for the month. Its better than most of the other recent NFS games but id still says it just ok.  This is the most punishing game on my CPU that I have seen.

Really nothing comes close to Forza but ill fuck with it for a little bit.

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

I have it for the month. Its better than most of the other recent NFS games but id still says it just ok.  This is the most punishing game on my CPU that I have seen.

Really nothing comes close to Forza but ill fuck with it for a little bit.

Forza horizon is in a league of its own