Watchmen what have you done HBO

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pilot was great.....   and apparently the show looks vastly different within a few episodes.   Have faith, Lindelof is at the top of his game atm. He has unparalleled trust like Vi

Exactly. Leftovers was god tier. The first 6 eps of watchmen were reviewed...and got incredible praise. 

If Resetera mods wrote a show I imagine it would be this

Posted Images

Just now, madmaltese said:

Pilot was great.....

and apparently the show looks vastly different within a few episodes.

Have faith, Lindelof is at the top of his game atm. He has unparalleled trust like Vince Gilligan since The Leftovers.

Exactly. Leftovers was god tier. The first 6 eps of watchmen were reviewed...and got incredible praise. 

• Upvote 1

Incels got triggered.

If it makes you alt-right'ers feel any better, by the end of the episode, it seems to allude that the "Seventh Calvary" group is just a smokescreen that some other thing is behind all of this.

But, its obvious these alt-right'ers got triggered because a spinoff cult based on Rorschach is a just a white extremist cult.

That's not a crazy thing. White extremism usually take things that aren't directly related and they use for their hate causes.

In this case, Rorschach WAS a fascist, he clearly had those tendencies. Its no surprise that his absolutionist dogma was warped even further by a simple hate group.

What's more interesting is that the black lady also appears to share the ideology as Rorschach, she has a small piece of dialogue in the opening episode where she says that "all those colors only exist to disguise the real truth, that the only real colors in the world that matter is black and white." She has the same absolutionist mentality.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

and what exactly is woke about it?

Is now anything involving any racism at all considered 'woke'?

Nah you can deal with racism in an interesting non partisan way like The Wire 

Turning Rorschach into some white supremacist cult Jesus just because he's a conservative, they literally had "liberal tears" in the script. Just on the nose far left paranoia like Handmaid's Tale. No subtlety at all. 

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

Leftovers was leaps and bounds better than this shit. 

It’s one fucking episode lol. The leftovers pilot was meh. Fortunately, I let something ride out a bit more before passing judgement. Also this pilot > the leftovers pilot.

26 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s one fucking episode lol. The leftovers pilot was meh. Fortunately, I let something ride out a bit more before passing judgement. Also this pilot > the leftovers pilot.

Nah I'm out bro lazy ass writing and they managed to ruin both Rorschach and Ozymandias in the first episode. The only good part was the music, and prolly because it sounded exactly like Blade Runner 2049. 

Apparently everyone on IMDB is alt right too

977207841_ScreenShot2019-10-25at1_11_58AM.thumb.png.7a600720e16c0a0ac9e47067be0bcc5a.png

Edited by Vini

I'll save you all some time as I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen

Someone is behind the race war prolly a Trump like character who wants to "divide the nation". Either Ozymandias or someone else. 

Stay woke

Edited by Vini
40 minutes ago, -GD- said:

exactly. Not only was the Leftovers pilot meh, the entire first season was just 'good'. S2 and 3 are what made it one of the best shows of the modern era. Imagine losing your mind over a pilot which was pretty good.

45 minutes ago, Vini said:

Nah you can deal with racism in an interesting non partisan way like The Wire 

Turning Rorschach into some white supremacist cult Jesus just because he's a conservative, they literally had "liberal tears" in the script. Just on the nose far left paranoia like Handmaid's Tale. No subtlety at all. 

You want The Wire level of handling themes lol Do you just not watch anything else ever made if that's the standard you hold everything too let alone a pilot of a comic book adaptation.

The guy who loved GoT final season and Dany's instant turn in an episode is complaining about no subtlety in this :freeman: I've heard it all.

You sound triggered af in this thread.

38 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'll save you all some time as I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen

Reveal hidden contents

Someone is behind the race war prolly a Trump like character who wants to "divide the nation". Either Ozymandias or someone else. 

Stay woke

So you're complaining about a villain being portrayed as a villain? lol

24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You want The Wire level of handling themes lol Do you just not watch anything else ever made if that's the standard you hold everything too let alone a pilot of a comic book adaptation.

The guy who loved GoT final season and Dany's instant turn in an episode is complaining about no subtlety in this :freeman: I've heard it all.

You sound triggered af in this thread.

I don't hold up every show to the standard of The Wire. But I know cheap partisan pandering when I see it.

I'll give you an example, I loved American History X. Because it was raw, nuanced and apolitical while exploring the same themes of racism and white supremacy. This show is the exact opposite of that. 

And since you brought up GoT I'll address it. Dany's turn did not need to be subtle at all, she snapped. Just like she did like 20 other times before in the show. This comparison doesn't even make any sense

Edited by Vini