Watchmen what have you done HBO

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pilot was great.....   and apparently the show looks vastly different within a few episodes.   Have faith, Lindelof is at the top of his game atm. He has unparalleled trust like Vi

Exactly. Leftovers was god tier. The first 6 eps of watchmen were reviewed...and got incredible praise. 

If Resetera mods wrote a show I imagine it would be this

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL some people are really triggered that they turned it into a black woman going around beating up white guys.

Nope. I had no problem with Django Unchained where it was black people beating on white people for 3 hours straight.

1 hour ago, Vini said:

Nope. I had no problem with Django Unchained where it was black people beating on white people for 3 hours straight.

Considering that you are describing Django Unchained as "3 hours of black people beating on white people"......I think that you might.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

I'm glad to see people calling the movie shit here. I swear people were positive about it at the time, I watched it sometime on netflix or something and it was boring as hell.

I had read, around the time the movie was being released, that Watchmen was considered "unfilmable". That you simply couldn't translate the entire events of the comic book into a 2 hour movie.

With that in mind, I think Zack Snyder did a pretty admirable job. I think it got the overall tone right. Snyder is not a got who films compelling movie scenes with intense dialogue. So that was the weakness.

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I'm glad to see people calling the movie shit here. I swear people were positive about it at the time, I watched it sometime on netflix or something and it was boring as hell.

It was a snoozefest 

On 2019-10-25 at 4:51 PM, jehurey said:

Considering that you are describing Django Unchained as "3 hours of black people beating on white people"......I think that you might.

It was pretty much a black superhero movie and it was amazing. I think Tarantino's second best movie

On 2019-10-25 at 12:24 AM, jehurey said:

Incels got triggered.

If it makes you alt-right'ers feel any better, by the end of the episode, it seems to allude that the "Seventh Calvary" group is just a smokescreen that some other thing is behind all of this.

But, its obvious these alt-right'ers got triggered because a spinoff cult based on Rorschach is a just a white extremist cult.

That's not a crazy thing. White extremism usually take things that aren't directly related and they use for their hate causes.

In this case, Rorschach WAS a fascist, he clearly had those tendencies. Its no surprise that his absolutionist dogma was warped even further by a simple hate group.

What's more interesting is that the black lady also appears to share the ideology as Rorschach, she has a small piece of dialogue in the opening episode where she says that "all those colors only exist to disguise the real truth, that the only real colors in the world that matter is black and white." She has the same absolutionist mentality.

Absolutist not absolutionist. She's not asking for absolution from a priest.

tard :mickeyj:

Edited by PhantomABS
On 2019-10-25 at 12:02 AM, Vini said:

Did they really have to take this great property and turn it into the wokest show in existence? 

They managed to make Zack Snyder's mess look good

What you expect it's HBO, the premium network that brought us that lying Neverland documentary that got the director an Emmy .  

HBO is a joke.  

• 1 month later...