Watchmen what have you done HBO

I like how they had one of the villains say the alt-right's catchphrase of the past couple of years.

"its hard being a white man"

show is outright mocking them. :tom: they're trying really hard to pretend that they botched the show, even though the episodes actually keep on getting better and more epic.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pilot was great.....   and apparently the show looks vastly different within a few episodes.   Have faith, Lindelof is at the top of his game atm. He has unparalleled trust like Vi

Exactly. Leftovers was god tier. The first 6 eps of watchmen were reviewed...and got incredible praise. 

If Resetera mods wrote a show I imagine it would be this

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s my show of the year. Pure magic. 

Just got the second volume of the vinyl set today, its packaged as if its the American Hero Story official soundtrack with a picture of the tv version of Hooded Justice on the front.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Dr. Manhattan was Jon. Angela Abar's called her husband Jon. He had no idea Jon was inside himself because he said his name wasn't Jon. Then Angela took some artifact out of his deceased head.

Edited by Optimus Jim
On 2019-10-24 at 9:24 PM, jehurey said:

Incels got triggered.

If it makes you alt-right'ers feel any better, by the end of the episode, it seems to allude that the "Seventh Calvary" group is just a smokescreen that some other thing is behind all of this.

But, its obvious these alt-right'ers got triggered because a spinoff cult based on Rorschach is a just a white extremist cult.

That's not a crazy thing. White extremism usually take things that aren't directly related and they use for their hate causes.

In this case, Rorschach WAS a fascist, he clearly had those tendencies. Its no surprise that his absolutionist dogma was warped even further by a simple hate group.

What's more interesting is that the black lady also appears to share the ideology as Rorschach, she has a small piece of dialogue in the opening episode where she says that "all those colors only exist to disguise the real truth, that the only real colors in the world that matter is black and white." She has the same absolutionist mentality.

Why exactly do you hate the Alt-Right? Seems to me you just think you're smarter than white people, so you like to disparage them. 

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I like how they had one of the villains say the alt-right's catchphrase of the past couple of years.

show is outright mocking them. :tom: they're trying really hard to pretend that they botched the show, even though the episodes actually keep on getting better and more epic.

’it’s never been harder to be a white man in America, so I thought I’d try being a Blue one’, was such an epic line.

but yeah, they’ve handled tough subject matter with a clear view on it without being preachy, cringy or compromising the quality. In fact the last few episodes have being purely focused around racial issues and they have been the best eps yet.  

19 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Why exactly do you hate the Alt-Right? Seems to me you just think you're smarter than white people, so you like to disparage them. 

Sorry............accurately calling somebody out for what they are isn't "hating."

Let me know when I've described something about them incorrectly........oh, wait, if I had you would've corrected me by now (because that's what I would've done, this is assuming you're as smart as I am).

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Sorry............accurately calling somebody out for what they are isn't "hating."

Let me know when I've described something about them incorrectly........oh, wait, if I had you would've corrected me by now (because that's what I would've done, this is assuming you're as smart as I am).

Rorschach wasn't a fascist as much as he was a reactionary. Two different movements. 

When Rorschach was presented with a black doctor, psychiatrist, whatever he was, that black doctor was confused, trying to confront the fact "he was right about everything." 

It's been a long time since I read that graphic novel. 

Just now, GeorgeW1000 said:

Rorschach wasn't a fascist as much as he was a reactionary. Two different movements. 

When Rorschach was presented with a black doctor, psychiatrist, whatever he was, that black doctor was confused, trying to confront the fact "he was right about everything." 

It's been a long time since I read that graphic novel. 

No, he was fascist.

He was a hypocrite. He said that he had a black and white view about crime, yet he allowed certain crimes to happen.

He was a misogynist, he would even insinuate that certain crimes against women WERE tolerated because they were sluts or whores.

He says he's one thing, yet he doesn't actually fulfill that code.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, he was fascist.

He was a hypocrite. He said that he had a black and white view about crime, yet he allowed certain crimes to happen.

He was a misogynist, he would even insinuate that certain crimes against women WERE tolerated because they were sluts or whores.

He says he's one thing, yet he doesn't actually fulfill that code.

He's going against the modern current, he isn't trying to create a universalized racial family state structure, where the health of one person of the race affects the health of the whole, which is fascism. 

Just now, GeorgeW1000 said:

where the health of one person of the race affects the health of the whole, which is fascism. 

...............:dwill:

No...........that's is literally not the definition of fascism.

Where the fuck did you learn the definition of fasicsm, son?

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

6 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Race is not always a part of it.

What you went into was the text definition of Eugenics.

Facism is usually a government who says that they uphold a certain ideal to supress others, and usually are hypocrites themselves.

That's facist behavior.

Facism doesn't have to exclusively involve racism, but racists almost always resort to facism. Y'know what I mean?

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Lindelof celebrated his Bar Mitzvah in Teaneck, where he attended synagogue for the Sabbath; he has stated, "I was a Jewish white kid growing up in Teaneck, 

Imagine my shock.

Aren’t you white btw?