The Outer Worlds - Official Thread

Since I didn't see anyone making a thread, and I want to see how people will be playing the game and what things they discover, I am creating the thread for people to post their impressions here.

here's my profile:

1ip4kng.png

NXgYmwi.png

I put all of my attribute points into Dexterity and Intelligence so that I could sneak and lockpick/hack. I gave myself something so that I can have some melee attack ability in the hopes that I can sneak up to enemies and get critical hits quickly.

I'm trying to avoid my past Fallout gameplay techniques, and will not try to do the jack-of-all-trades points allocation. And I want to play a bad guy, and fuck with people.

Especially since the Giantbomb guys said that you have the option of turning on that guy that helps you at the beginning of the game, I want to see what happens if I do that. Maybe if I get tempted to do a second playthrough, I'll play the heroic do-gooder way.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't spend it all in one place, young man.

It started a bit slow but I'm getting really into it. It feels a lot more like New Vegas. Damn, Bethesda reaaally milked and killed Fallout 

max charisma, always.

Played a couple hours last night. Really digging it. Can already safely say it's better than any shitty 3d Fallout game ever was. The combat not being awful really helps.

Also loving the amount of customization, lots of stats/perks to keep track of. 

15 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I'm not far in but you think the combat is better than fo4 ? It seems like every other combat in this kind of game ....just there 

i think so, the gunplay feels closer to a mass effect than the clunky fo4. 

i mean there's not much to it, you point and click, but it's more enjoyable to me. i hated VATS though. 

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I love this game's approach to stealth kills. No animation, just a modifier to damage if attacking from stealth and a window to kill the enemy before they alert other people.

Ms numba 1 pew pew 

the hypocrisy on this forum is unbeliveable. :rofls:

Edited by Spicalicious
1 hour ago, Casual said:

im so torn on how to distribute my skill points. there's like 5 categories that seem like things i want but i know it's probably better to focus on a couple specifically. 

I dumped my points into Stealth so I could pickpocket and it's worked out pretty well. Perhaps too well. :ben:

52 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Point is even haters like you are buying into game pass. Let’s hear it.  Say thank you Microsoft. You should suck Phil’s dick. 

Yeah thanks MS for making such a shitty system that you were forced to provide a subscription service that gives you access to the games for pennies on the dollar in order to make your platform even remotely intriguing 

:kaz:

• Haha 1

Since there's a retro asthetic I gave my guy a banging moustache :tom5:

I put points into guns, normally the easiest way to play these games first times is combat. Also persuade and so far its been really useful.