The Outer Worlds - Official Thread

14 hours ago, lynux3 said:

How much is Microsoft's Xbox division worth?

$:poop: 

Good point, however we all know how much MS has invested into the gaming division.  They are aiming to make a huge comeback and want a bite of the action.. They have their cloud service and gamepass.  They now have Mixer and have paid popular streamers to come to their service.  They've purchased devs which resulted in this game release on their service.

Ever hear that you need to spend money to eventually make money?  Who knows this better than MS?

Think about it this way.  People have been gaming on MS platforms for decades.  From MS Dos to Windows since the 1980s.  A big part of MS's success in the beginning was because of gaming.  Their platforms allowed game developers to perfect 3d graphics and online gaming through MS's platforms.

DirectX I'm sure you've heard of?  Xbox is named after it.

Why would MS give up on their Xbox business, especially after their history, founders vision of having pc's in every room of every home and investing this much money into their gaming division?

So what's your point about asking me how much Xbox's division is worth?  Will it actually change anything for this Trillion dollar corporation?

I don't even think outside investors get a say about the internal Microsoft divisions.  People are not investing in the Xbox corporation but the Microsoft corporation.. As long as the big picture is not being hugely affected by internal businesses such as Xbox, then they don't have a say or probably won't even complain since the actual stock prices are good.  Let internal management decide how to run the business including gaming.. They will figure out how to make the money.  They have plenty of it to invest as well.. So eventually MS is gonna hit the mark.

Anyone saying that Amazon or Google competing might be a threat you gotta remember that MS knows this technology better than anyone.  They build and designed a cloud gaming service and are experts in network operating systems.. You all need to understand that 

operating systems, servers and inter connectivity is what they do.  It's what made them their money for decades. It's what's continuing to make them money today.. If you use a computer for your job there's a really high chance that you are using Windows.  Every business on the planet who does anything is using Windows.  Think about it.  They know this stuff better than anyone. 

Let's say all Microsoft products disappeared instantly from the planet today?  Economies would fail due to the halt in business. :D 

Edited by Spicalicious
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't spend it all in one place, young man.

It started a bit slow but I'm getting really into it. It feels a lot more like New Vegas. Damn, Bethesda reaaally milked and killed Fallout 

max charisma, always.

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Just doing missions around Edgewater.

It feels weird needing to give an enemy 3 pointblank shotgun blasts to the head to kill them. I know it’s an RPG but still...

What planet are you on? earth?  or is it another planet with a different species who may have a higher tolerance and different genetic makeup that allows them to take that much damage?

4 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

What planet are you on? earth?  or is it another planet with a different species who may have a higher tolerance and different genetic makeup that allows them to take that much damage?

Whatever planet it is, I'm sure they consider xbox a flop as much as we do :reg:

• Haha 1

I was expecting it to be cross play. If its 30 hours or so id rather play it on a TV and lounge. Ima try the Pc version tonight tho just to see how bad the xbox version is compared to it. Also, I can already tell I want to do another playthrough based on how decisions work in the game.

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I was expecting it to be cross play. If its 30 hours or so id rather play it on a TV and lounge. Ima try the Pc version tonight tho just to see how bad the xbox version is compared to it. Also, I can already tell I want to do another playthrough based on how decisions work in the game.

You're hyping me into giving the game a try.

But I wanna finish Grandia 2 and Asgard's Wrath first dammit 

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Put those on the backburner. 

Nah.  TOW isn't going anywhere.  I'd prefer to just finish them.

Nice thing about TOW on PC though.. is that you can disable that terribly overdone Chromatic Aberration effect.

5-1572109089-2038505528.png

That right there makes it the best by default :pavarotti: 

It got ugly elements for sure, but it can actually look quite nice if some of the screens being posted are any indication

5-1572110217-1429449892.jpeg

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  TOW isn't going anywhere.  I'd prefer to just finish them.

Nice thing about TOW on PC though.. is that you can disable that terribly overdone Chromatic Aberration effect.

5-1572109089-2038505528.png

That right there makes it the best by default :pavarotti: 

It got ugly elements for sure, but it can actually look quite nice if some of the screens being posted are any indication

5-1572110217-1429449892.jpeg

You can tell the games budget was low. The sequel will have MS money behind it. Could go either way.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

You can tell the games budget was low. The sequel will have MS money behind it. Could go either way.

Yea.  It's doing well critically.. so a sequel will definitely get a bigger budget.

Obsidian was a good get for MS.

The game is alright so far (3-4 hours in) but im not too impressed with it. Im not getting the grand feeling of exploration and discovery that I usually get with Fallout and other similar games. I think the small size of the first planet is partly to blame, but at the same time I haven't really come across any memorable or interesting locations. Its just a bunch of outposts with buildings and marauders that feel like they could have been copied and pasted across the map. The loot is also not terribly interesting, its just a lot of junk and a million different stat boosting consumables that i probably won't ever have a reason to use.

Edited by Twinblade
12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The game is alright so far (3-4 hours in) but im not too impressed with it. Im not getting the grand feeling of exploration and discovery that I usually get with Fallout and other similar games.

It's definitely not like the 3D Fallout games. Much more of the old school style hub games. It opens up a bit on the second planet, but still not anything close to an open world.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its just a bunch of outposts with buildings and marauders that feel like they could have been copied and pasted across the map.

Good news! You'll see those outposts and marauders/outlaws on other planets, too.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The loot is also not terribly interesting, its just a lot of junk and a million different stat boosting consumables that i probably won't ever have a reason to use.

You'll start seeing some unique weapons towards the end of the first planet, but I have about a dozen now and I haven't used a single one. They're always pretty terrible relative to the weapons I'm using when I find them and I still haven't found one for my build.

Other than those, yeah, the base loot is pretty uninteresting. There's one or two weapons for each type of weapon per tier and afaik there's only 3 tiers that just increase the damage and maybe add a mod slot, so there isn't much to get excited about or experiment with.

Armor is even less interesting.

It looks a little better on PC but I did have some framerate stutters like people were saying a few times up until the ship, with GPU usage only around 60.

Ill just continue on xbox for now, 4k to 1080p is a pretty big res drop but it does feel much better at 60fps for sure.