Death stranding perfect 40/40 @ famitsu

The plain fact of the matter is that, unless Kojima is introducing some fantastic gaming mechanics, he isn't deserving of any perfect score on his "art".

The message that Kojima is getting is "make the gameplay secondary to your narrative, and you will get rewarded for it."

And secondly, I wish actual film critics could get good enough at playing video games so that they could make reviews of Kojima's games, and simply tear him several assholes about his amateurish storytelling and dialogue.

Because that's what it is.  Its almost as if he intentionally has anime-like weirdness to make it seem more avant-garde than it really is.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

The plain fact of the matter is that, unless Kojima is introducing some fantastic gaming mechanics, he isn't deserving of any perfect score on his "art".

The message that Kojima is getting is "make the gameplay secondary to your narrative, and you will get rewarded for it."

And secondly, I wish actual film critics could get good enough at playing video games so that they could make reviews of Kojima's games, and simply tear him several assholes about his amateurish storytelling and dialogue.

Because that's what it is.  Its almost as if he intentionally has anime-like weirdness to make it seem more avant-garde than it really is.

shut up :kaz: 

Just now, kokujin said:

It's the same joke over and over.  I'd love to hear your impressions specially actually. 

aight bro. i'm going to pick it up friday morning and install it so i can play it friday night. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, -GD- said:

i'm going to get this friday. let's hope it doesn't blow lol. i'll give it 10 hours and post impressions. 

Ill be playing it as well so maybe we can help each other out :lul: The first few hours are apparently really off putting and tedious enough that a lot of people nearly gave up on it.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

8/10 people will probably hate this game, 6 of them will act as if they don't. 

that's the dumbest thing i've read today. most people are pretty vocal if they hate a game. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, -GD- said:

that's the dumbest thing i've read today. most people are pretty vocal if they hate a game. 

It's quite literally the exact opposite of what he is saying lol

If a 100 ppl do something (whether play a game, watch a movie, eat at a restaurant, anything really), if 10% of those hate it, you will hear from them more than anyone that likes something. It's basic human nature. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's quite literally the exact opposite of what he is saying lol

If a 100 ppl do something (whether play a game, watch a movie, eat at a restaurant, anything really), if 10% of those hate it, you will hear from them more than anyone that likes something. It's basic human nature. 

i thought days yawn was garbage and i was quite vocal about it. the same with lighthouse (a critically acclaimed movie i hyped). it's actually the worst movie i've seen this year. worse than black and blue. i dare say jexi and countdown told better stories :mj: