Sign in to follow this  
jehurey

Games of the Decade: 2012 **POLL Now open**

Pick the best game of 2012 (top two go on to All-Decade List)  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick the best game of 2012 (top two go on to All-Decade List)

• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
    • Hotline Miami
    • Mark of the Ninja
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    • Resident Evil 6
    • Tokyo Jungle
    • Slender: The Eight Pages
    • Journey
    • Binary Domain
    • Far Cry 3
    • Total War Shogun: Fall of the Samurai
    • Borderlands 2
    • Forza Horizon
    • The Walking Dead (Season 1)
    • Counter Strike: Global Offensive
    • Dishonored
    • Sleeping Dogs

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-11-13 at 08:00 PM

Hotline Miami

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's a 2011 game as far as I'm concerned. 

:yeshrug:

it was on the list jerry posted and its better than the trash you voted for

9 minutes ago, kaz said:

it was on the list jerry posted and its better than the trash you voted for

He didn't even vote for Halo, which was a funny visual to see his post, with his Halo sig and his Halo avy.

I didn't even say which games I liked.

Fuck.  I had no idea how hard this would be for me, because, I think I can safely say that Journey, when I played it on my PS4 a couple of years ago, was a great game. So i assumed that my experience would've been the same had I played it on PS3. So I am assuming that it would be my 2012 GoTY.

You have no idea how ridiculously difficult #2 becomes.  I must have put in serious hours into Trials Evolution.  I greatly liked Spec Ops The Line.

I'm a pretty big defender of AssCreed3, even though the game has its flaws throughout 2/3's of the game.

I enjoyed Asura's Wrath as a game rental.

fffuuuuuuuck, I forgot Sleeping Dogs.  I played The Walking Dead all the way through and greatly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Thomas Was Alone.

fffffuuuuuuuck, I forgot Max Payne, I enjoy alot of that game until I had to return the rental because I didn't have enough time to beat the final level. I enjoyed Mark of the Ninja alot.

I understand that NSMB U is forgettable, but World's 4 and 5 in that game are the best new Mario 2D platforming that has ever existed since SMW.

fffuck, I played about 2 hours of Fez, and I liked it very much, but I never finished it.  And I never played Gravity Rush, Danganropa, Zero Escape, Silent Hill Book of Memories.  I played about 1/3 of Dishonored, and I played it very thoroughly in stealth, I had a pretty decent time with that game. And I tried playing Hotline Miami, and I just don't connect with it. I played Far Cry 3 for about 90 minutes (the game would never start up in the Uplay app for a long time, for some reason), I don't know enough of the game.

#2 is unbelievably close between Sleeping Dogs, Trials Evolution, and Max Payne 3. but i'm going to have to go with Sleeping Dogs because its a solid open world game that looked fucking fantastic for its time. It had a unique setting and a likable main character, and some great/satisfying fighting mechanics that no other open world game has properly done.

I'm almost tempted to bump Sleeping Dogs to my #1, and remove Journey altogether because other people have nominated it already.  Trials Evo and Max Payne 3 are so deserving.

49 minutes ago, Boss said:

Damn 2012 ugly af

true

Journey? Lmao, only in 2012 can such a weak game be considered GOTY materials. What a shitty ass year. 

I was in this thread twice before I voted, and I still didn't see Shogun Total War in that list... :shaq2:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I was in this thread twice before I voted, and I still didn't see Shogun Total War in that list... :shaq2:

Total War Shogun: Fall of the Samurai , its underneath Far Cry 3

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Total War Shogun: Fall of the Samurai , its underneath Far Cry 3

Yeah I know, I just mean I nominated it for a vote, then didn't see it, so I thought: "Damn, guess we couldn't fit Fall of the Samurai - oh well, FC3 it is..." :]

• Sad 1