Late to the party, but Nioh is fantastic!

Yeah I know, super late, but with PS Plus I finally got a chance to try it out. I was expecting the usual inferior Demon/Dark Souls clone like most of the clones are but holy fuck was I wrong. This game is spectacular and I'm still early in the game. This is more than a DS clone but a legitimate competitor even after having played Sekiro. The combat system is deep, numerous weapons like Souls games but also numerous stances adding layers to the combat that Souls doesn't have. It's RPG elements are Souls turned up multiple fold. It's setting so far early on isn't anything unique but hopefully it changes up a bit. 

So far I'm a huge fan and NiOh 2 has now skyrocketed up my anticipated games.

For any Souls fans here who haven't tried it yet, give it a go, I think you'll be impressed. In fact I can even see ppl who don't like Soulsbourne games liking this. 

I haven't tried it out yet, and I'm not going to.  I already know it's going to be amazing.  I think I might wait though and see if a PC version gets announced by E3.  If it does, then I'll hold off.  If not, I'll get it on PS4.

17 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I haven't tried it out yet, and I'm not going to.  I already know it's going to be amazing.  I think I might wait though and see if a PC version gets announced by E3.  If it does, then I'll hold off.  If not, I'll get it on PS4.

Free on PS Plus this month man, nothing to lose ;) Plus Nioh 2 will be out by next e3 so doubtful they announce a PC version then

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Free on PS Plus this month man, nothing to lose ;) Plus Nioh 2 will be out by next e3 so doubtful they announce a PC version then

Oh shit... I thought you were talking about the Nioh 2 beta.. LOL

Nah breh, I already own and have played Nioh. :fblike: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, madmaltese said:

haha nah, as I said, I'm late to the party. It's filling a great gap atm for that type of game though

Yea.. I kinda just skimmed the OP.  Not sure wtf I was thinking.. :grimaceright:

Glad you like it though!  And yea, the sequel is going to be awesome.

• Upvote 1

You can tell these are the guys behind ninja gaiden, the combat system assrapes any souls game, way more sophisticated.

I just can't go back after taking a long break from this game, I've forgotten everything and the game is brutally difficult. There's so much to the controls, stances and all the abilities.

I liked it a lot playing the alpha and beta until you play the full game and you realize that the enemy variety is terrible, the weapon variety is terrible, and it’s Grindy as shit. Playing same levels over and over. 

I thought it was decent and a perfect starting point for a sequel. But I played the closed beta Of nioh 2 back in may? and it’s literally the exact same thing. Visually, mechanically. I couldn’t even finish it before getting bored