Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

if this really fails to deliver and ends up convoluted mess I'm sure the open world curse is to blame. That is the only explanation.

Its the wrong time for mastermind kojima to express himself, the wrong time for people to comprehend. :mj: 

18 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Kojima is so up his ass that he think he can create a mail delivery simulator with "teh physics" and be an instant masterpiece.

This is a good point, but there's a story guns, and I think he wanted to make open world terrain a conscious gameplay aspect. You don't always have to fight something. We got a million games for that.

35 minutes ago, kokujin said:

This is a good point, but there's a story guns, and I think he wanted to make open world terrain a conscious gameplay aspect. You don't always have to fight something. We got a million games for that.

Yeah but we gave so much crap to Konami for MGSV.

We thought it was Konami's decision to rush the game with the vast open worlds full of nothing but in the end, it was Kojima's decision to do that.

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i hated mgs5, so i may hate this too 

yeah, i didn't even play mgs5 yet because the open world looked boring and doesn't fit the mgs narrative but im sure I won't get bored of it in death stranding because of the setting

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

We thought it was Konami's decision to rush the game with the vast open worlds full of nothing but in the end, it was Kojima's decision to do that.

Ain't this game a complete version of that idea?

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

what if... he is a fraud :mjcry: a little japanese man tricking everyone into thinking he could make great games like mgs 1-3 and zoe 1-2 but will go down in history as the "guy who made the delivery game with the walking dead guy"

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, kaz said:

yeah, i didn't even play mgs5 yet because the open world looked boring and doesn't fit the mgs narrative but im sure I won't get bored of it in death stranding because of the setting

You will get bored and you will rike it too. :wata3:

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Ain't this game a complete version of that idea?

That's what I am saying.

Death Stranding is Kojima's vision of what MGSV was supposed to be.

Probably game development was half-way there and Konami didn't like what was he doing.

Kojima is good for linear games, but openworld...meh

13 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

That's what I am saying.

Death Stranding is Kojima's vision of what MGSV was supposed to be.

Probably game development was half-way there and Konami didn't like what was he doing.

Kojima is good for linear games, but openworld...meh

This game is complete?? No?

• madmaltese★ changed the title to Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)