Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Doesn't look like a "fun" videogame but I just want to try it for not being another cookie cutter rehash of a game. I'll play it on PC eventually

Dat orange name coming. :smugd:

I'm surprisingly really liking it. You really just have to play it to see if it clicks or not, describing the gameplay is so strange. Probably about 5 hours in, opened up in regards to Main orders, standard orders and a bunch of buildings i can build. Having the world populate with other player's structures is awesome especially since most are placed in areas you really need them.

I would probably say if you don't like it by the time you get the bike then it probably won't be for you. However it is clearly going to be giving you more combat elements as the game goes on. 

The story intrigues me greatly so I'll play for that alone but I'm doing all the standard (side missions) orders and picking up lost cargo and all bunch of shit too so yeah...... somehow liking this gameplay loop. 

As you start to get multiple orders there really is a cool planning of items. 

BTs really are tense encounters

• Upvote 1
  • madmaltese★ changed the title to Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm surprisingly really liking it. You really just have to play it to see if it clicks or not, describing the gameplay is so strange. Probably about 5 hours in, opened up in regards to Main orders, standard orders and a bunch of buildings i can build. Having the world populate with other player's structures is awesome especially since most are placed in areas you really need them.

I would probably say if you don't like it by the time you get the bike then it probably won't be for you. However it is clearly going to be giving you more combat elements as the game goes on. 

The story intrigues me greatly so I'll play for that alone but I'm doing all the standard (side missions) orders and picking up lost cargo and all bunch of shit too so yeah...... somehow liking this gameplay loop. 

As you start to get multiple orders there really is a cool planning of items. 

BTs really are tense encounters

I just did the crematory mission. I liked it a lot. There was just way too much movie in the beginning. 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m enjoying it as well (about 3 hours in). But I think I’m gonna skip most of the side missions because I definitely see myself getting tired of the core gameplay if it’s essentially 40 hours of deliveries.

It’s recommended to skip all side missions until you unlock vehicles and fast travel which makes doing then way easier then when you don’t have that stuff. You get both pretty early on

1 minute ago, Delita said:

It’s recommended to skip all side missions until you unlock vehicles and fast travel which makes doing then way easier then when you don’t have that stuff. You get both pretty early on

Motherfucking Die Hardman told me to finish the orders I wanted to before 'crossing the river' (assuming that means end of Chapter 2). Bitch lied to me :meh:

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I’ll give it another go at it tomorrow. If I’m still not fully on board, I’ll return it. 

Now that I'm looking at starter tips and so on it does seem like everyone is saying to at least get to Chapter 3 (because the start is slow). I'm loving the first 2 chapters anyway but maybe try get to that point then make a decision if you're 50/50.

and yeah, skip the standard orders

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I’m about to get access to the bike. Will it cutdown on all the walking/climbing? It’s getting old 

Yeah but your delivery quota increases due to the increased mobility. th_snakeben1-2.png