Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

Just now, bhytre said:

Kojima drones just can't take the loss, slowly going senile :tom: 

Image result for ackchyually" thish ish fantashtic and a mashtewpieshe you jush don getit. Have you shpent at leasht 20 hoursh to get toda good pawt? Yeah dash what I thought

nikka, you loved flops like nier and deadly premonition. :D  but teh kgb classics!!!! :cry: 

Edited by -GD-
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

nikka, you loved flops like nier and deadly premonition. :D  but teh kgb classics!!!! :cry: 

These low budget titles all outscored this 2-star, 4/10 turd from a multi-million dollar project led by Kojima of all people :tom: 

KGB gaming killing Kojima and his minions :rofl: 

Edited by bhytre

I went in ready to hate the game, but I’m really enjoying it so far. Just got the bike and made my way back to the city :glad:

I’m also positively surprised with the interaction with other porters. Getting likes feels good.. almost like oxytocin’s released in the bloodstream:ben:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ScaryMovies said:

I went in ready to hate the game, but I’m really enjoying it so far. Just got the bike and made my way back to the city :glad:

I’m also positively surprised with the interaction with other porters. Getting likes feels good.. almost like oxytocin’s released in the bloodstream:ben:

the game is opioid propaganda 

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

Kojima drones just can't take the loss, slowly going senile :tom: 

Image result for ackchyually" thish ish fantashtic and a mashtewpieshe you jush don getit. Have you shpent at leasht 20 hoursh to get toda good pawt? Yeah dash what I thought

Cant even beat gears 5 meta , and cows made 100 threads about that game :D

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

Really? Holy shit. I’m legit surprised by the positive feedback this game is getting. I’ll give it another go soon. 

I can totally understand that it's not for some ppl but I do think you should try give it a go till the world opens up in Chapter 3 and the online elements really start to shine.

The themes of the game come through the gameplay unlike any other game I have ever played. You're told about trying to unite America again and bring ppl together and the game really does feel lonely and isolated in the first 2 chapters. Then as you start connecting ppl to the network and Chapter 3 comes along and the shared map building elements really start to have significant impact you really start to feel the sense that your journey is making a difference. You see ppl's creations, their likes and then you can contribute and get positive feedback for it from others which is rewarded in game. You start to see other Porters and this barren wasteland slowly becomes developed and what before felt like a 15-20min trek through dense environments is now a 1min drive. You'll get delivery bots that survive on developed roads, everything becomes easier and quicker and this vast land mass slowly starts to feel smaller and it truly feels that way because of your actions. It's hard to explain but imo this is truly something very special. There are elements of this game that are going to be seen in SOOOOO many open world games next gen.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I can totally understand that it's not for some ppl but I do think you should try give it a go till the world opens up in Chapter 3 and the online elements really start to shine.

The themes of the game come through the gameplay unlike any other game I have ever played. You're told about trying to unite America again and bring ppl together and the game really does feel lonely and isolated in the first 2 chapters. Then as you start connecting ppl to the network and Chapter 3 comes along and the shared map building elements really start to have significant impact you really start to feel the sense that your journey is making a difference. You see ppl's creations, their likes and then you can contribute and get positive feedback for it from others which is rewarded in game. You start to see other Porters and this barren wasteland slowly becomes developed and what before felt like a 15-20min trek through dense environments is now a 1min drive. You'll get delivery bots that survive on developed roads, everything becomes easier and quicker and this vast land mass slowly starts to feel smaller and it truly feels that way because of your actions. It's hard to explain but imo this is truly something very special. There are elements of this game that are going to be seen in SOOOOO many open world games next gen.  

i'll give it another go this weekend. you should be a marketing rep for it. you convinced me lol. 

• Haha 1

Chapter 5

Margaret Qualley is killing it! Easily the most convincing performances (and uncanny valley level facial animations) so far and her character has also gotten more development than any of the others. Great stuff. 

Edited by Twinblade
24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Chapter 5

Reveal hidden contents

Margaret Qualley is killing it! Easily the most convincing performances (and uncanny valley level facial animations) so far and her character has also gotten more development than any of the others. Great stuff. 

Yeah the performances all round from the celebs has been excellent. Love the focus on a character each chapter too. 

the facial animations at times are scary realistic. It’s crazy

20 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah the performances all round from the celebs has been excellent. Love the focus on a character each chapter too. 

the facial animations at times are scary realistic. It’s crazy

Chapter 4 spoilers 

I did find this chapter, which focused on Mads’ character to be pretty disappointIng.  The scenes with him and BB are great, but the only thing that chapter did was make me confused, and he had a handful of unique lines during the entire thing. I hope there is still a lot more exposition in the game that revolves around him.

Edited by Twinblade
55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Chapter 4 spoilers 

Hide contents

I did find this chapter, which focused on Mads’ character to be pretty disappointIng.  The scenes with him and BB are great, but the only thing that chapter did was make me confused, and he had a handful of unique lines during the entire thing. I hope there is still a lot more exposition in the game that revolves around him.

His character will defs come more into it later in the game. I think he’ll be a major character near the end. 
The cutscenes in that chapter though we so fn cool. But yeah definitely just setting things up.