Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

The moments in this game when you traverse over a tough hill/mountain or rough terrain, Sam tired, BB maybe upset after a BT territory then you make it over the peak and see your destination below and start to take a step and the music kicks in are up there with the greatest moments I've experienced in games. Sometimes zooms out too to capture the environment. Just want to stop playing and soak that moment in. 

On another note, Episode 8 (while maybe my least fav ep, due to heavy exposition, even more than usual kojima) has the best most intense weather effects and conditions I've seen in a game. 

40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The moments in this game when you traverse over a tough hill/mountain or rough terrain, Sam tired, BB maybe upset after a BT territory then you make it over the peak and see your destination below and start to take a step and the music kicks in are up there with the greatest moments I've experienced in games. Sometimes zooms out too to capture the environment. Just want to stop playing and soak that moment in. 

On another note, Episode 8 (while maybe my least fav ep, due to heavy exposition, even more than usual kojima) has the best most intense weather effects and conditions I've seen in a game. 

You know what sucks about those moments, i think they're only triggered when you take a specific path to the objective. There have been a couple of times where i complete a order at a new station and receive the notification that a new track was unlocked but I never actually heard it on my run.

Edited by Twinblade
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You know what sucks about those moments, i think they're only triggered when you take a specific path to the objective. There have been a couple of times where i complete a order at a new station and receive the notification that a new track was unlocked but I never actually heard it on my run.

Hmmm, it's possible. I mean the times they have triggered have been very obvious scripted moments because the location and timing is so spot on, so that is highly likely. 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the ziplines are cool af btw. I helped link together 4 in a row with my biggest contribution being a path that goes right over a BT area and as a result it can be skipped altogether :lul:

They are the greatest thing ever lol. Abandoned my love of highways for them. Zip lining through the mountains is so damn satisfying. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm on Episode 6 shortly after you lose you know what

Dayum, 40h at Ep6 is legit lol Gameplay loop got you hard also.

I pretty much mainlined most of the story missions from that point onwards. 

Deliveries get a lot more difficult and story a lot more intriguing