Death Stranding - 2/5 from Giantbomb (DS Discussion Thread)

Another qol improvement would have been to not have to keep seeing all the mini cutscenes like using the elevator, delivering cargo, recycling cargo, using the qpid, etc. you can skip them which is fine but do they really need to always play every time I complete 1 out of dozens of missions?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jpeg of gamespot starter guide

I just finished it. Damn, what a ride. Its far from perfect, but I still haven't felt so enamored by a game since Witcher 3.

Posted Images

You ain't strapped for cash. But I c. Ballsy to quit so soon. Methinks you need a teenagers amount of sporadic free time to enjoy this shit. You trying to get as much shit done 2 hours max at a time i gotta bet drives your nerves for this one. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Would I like the game more if i waited for you all to build shit? Lol

Lol the funny thing about this is that there already is a ton of stuff built & upgraded (like long stretches of roads) that im thinking must have been put up by reviewers and other people who played the game before release.

So technically speaking the game could become less exhausting, BUT then you have to take into consideration the type of server that the game will decide to connect you to. I imagine that if you're new to the various areas, they'll probably drop you in a world instance thats emptier and doesn't have much stuff in it so that you'll be forced to contribute yourself.

so to answer your question, i have no fucking clue :D

Edited by Twinblade
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, I just built my first stretch of road. Was actually pretty satisfying, and now I’m getting ~200 likes every few minutes because it’s the piece right at lake knot city’s entrance so everyone’s using it  :ben: one thing that’s annoying is that even if you park a truck full of materials right against the auto paver, you still need to manually remove them from the truck and carry them up to the structure. Making it so that the truck and it’s contents are automatically detected within a certain radius (like when you’re in a distribution center) would have been a huge quality of life improvement.

It's cause it's a MULE truck. Later in the Chapter you'll get the ability to fabricate a Bridges truck and then the items in that truck are recognised when you go on the private room platform.

3 hours ago, Delita said:

Another qol improvement would have been to not have to keep seeing all the mini cutscenes like using the elevator, delivering cargo, recycling cargo, using the qpid, etc. you can skip them which is fine but do they really need to always play every time I complete 1 out of dozens of missions?

Yeah it's the thing that is annoying me the most atm however I automatically skip them. Loading is like instant thankfully.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Would I like the game more if i waited for you all to build shit? Lol

lol you probably would but you'd have to hope to be put in an instance with a developed map. Creating connections with other players with high likes would help too. Seriously there is so much mobility improvements in Chapter 3. Speed suits, numerous vehicles, highways, zip lines, etc

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's cause it's a MULE truck. Later in the Chapter you'll get the ability to fabricate a Bridges truck and then the items in that truck are recognised when you go on the private room platform.

Yeah it's the thing that is annoying me the most atm however I automatically skip them. Loading is like instant thankfully.

lol you probably would but you'd have to hope to be put in an instance with a developed map. Creating connections with other players with high likes would help too. Seriously there is so much mobility improvements in Chapter 3. Speed suits, numerous vehicles, highways, zip lines, etc

The mule truck is recognized in the centers though. Im referring to the 'foundation' structures that you need to bring materials to.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The mule truck is recognized in the centers though. Im referring to the 'foundation' structures that you need to bring materials to.

Oh yeah, there's no way I found that recognises trucks there. Little annoying. Worse when my stack is higher than the door to go in to those little outposts and it knocks stuff off the top and I have to do it twice

• Haha 1

PlayStation's Death Stranding debuts at No.2 in the UK boxed charts.

It's the second biggest exclusive and the second biggest new IP released this year, behind another PS4 exclusive -- Days Gone, which was released in April. Compared to that, Hideo Kojima's new title sold 36% fewer units at launch.

It's the first new game from Kojima since the release of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which arrived in September 2015 and was the most successful Metal Gear Solid launch to-date.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-10-uk-charts-death-stranding-is-the-second-biggest-ps4-launch-of-2019

game is huge hit

debuts at no. 2 behind modern warfare

second-biggest new IP launch this year, days gone was 36% higher to be no. 1 new ip

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

^Lmao :D thats pretty funny. Hasn't happened to me yet, though i haven't gotten too crazy with the stacking. I hate the encumbrance penalties so I usually don't carry too much stuff at once.

20191110_144710.jpg?width=740&height=555

DC posted this earlier today in Discord.

47 minutes ago, kokujin said:

How far you is? Thots?

Not far. Chapter two, delivered the necklace thing to the first waypoint. Maybe like 3 hours?

I think I'm enjoying myself thus far. I love the world and this is the first game in a long time where I'm happy when a cutscene occurs. Partially because you learn something new about the world in each one and the world is so great, and partially because it means I don't have to play it for a bit. :ben:

I think the traversal stuff is unique and interesting, but it's not nearly as involved as I was expecting so I worry about it getting repetitive. Especially when at some point the game won't have as many cutscenes as it currently does. I've enjoyed what I've played, but taking the first body to the incinerator got a little old towards the end with the constant balancing of the body. Repeating something like that for a couple hours straight is probably going to wear on me.

I went in expecting to hate it from the first minute, so to be a couple hours in and looking forward to playing more is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully I enjoy the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1