Dear God, why is the DMC remake on Switch so archaic?

I never played the original 2001 game, but was it really this clunky with an unresponsive camera and lack of any lighting to see whats happening on screen? It feels like a RE from 1996, but with extra dark filters on top. 

Also, whats with the random difficulty spikes ? I can forgive the edgelord theme, but the remake should fix all the problems. TCHBO

Edited by HolyAx

Lol. The answer are all yes. When you have ps1 standards tho, and never understood Nintendo polish, but also have 300 games out, dmc1 hit the spot. It's a very gloomy and dangerous game. Yes, I had the same impression too. Difficulty spikes strangely made it more interesting lol. 

6 hours ago, kokujin said:

Lol. The answer are all yes. When you have ps1 standards tho, and never understood Nintendo polish, but also have 300 games out, dmc1 hit the spot. It's a very gloomy and dangerous game. Yes, I had the same impression too. Difficulty spikes strangely made it more interesting lol. 

ITs true, for someone who grew up with mostly Nintendo games, the low budget Sony games could never appeal to me. Its like one of those cheap KEllogs knock off mascots, who pretend they have the same quality taste.

5 hours ago, HolyAx said:

ITs true, for someone who grew up with mostly Nintendo games, the low budget Sony games could never appeal to me. Its like one of those cheap KEllogs knock off mascots, who pretend they have the same quality taste.

you are retarded

i thought the same when i tried to replay the hd collection on xbox 360, the first game is a relic.

you don't realize how far action game have come since it came out, plus remember it's clunky as hell because it was originally a resident evil game with tank controls.

the only one in the collection that holds up is DMC3, and remember there's no checkpoints so dying at a boss = restarting the level from scratch.

infuriating.

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

i thought the same when i tried to replay the hd collection on xbox 360, the first game is a relic.

you don't realize how far action game have come since it came out, plus remember it's clunky as hell because it was originally a resident evil game with tank controls.

the only one in the collection that holds up is DMC3, and remember there's no checkpoints so dying at a boss = restarting the level from scratch.

infuriating.

Heh now that you mention it, it really does feel like a PS1 RE game with controls, even the music/BG ambience is pretty much same, that inventory/font and the generic 'you have died' screen are cloned too. 

It sucks you can try only 3 times at a boss level or you restart from the beginning of a level :/. This came at the end of DC's life and Cpacom hasnt learned a thing from the modern game standards :shame:

23 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Heh now that you mention it, it really does feel like a PS1 RE game with controls, even the music/BG ambience is pretty much same, that inventory/font and the generic 'you have died' screen are cloned too. 

It sucks you can try only 3 times at a boss level or you restart from the beginning of a level :/. This came at the end of DC's life and Cpacom hasnt learned a thing from the modern game standards :shame:

DMC did start production as another Resident Evil game, noob. And DMC was a revolutionary titles for action games at the time, nothing else came close. Not my fault you discovered the game 18 years later. I would agree it's quite outdated by now. Go play Bayonetta or something if you want to see how far the genre has evolved. 

On 2019-11-11 at 1:17 AM, HolyAx said:

Sheep talking about mascots. Roflmao, fuck off.

• Haha 1
On 2019-11-10 at 12:25 PM, HolyAx said:

I never played the original 2001 game, but was it really this clunky with an unresponsive camera and lack of any lighting to see whats happening on screen? It feels like a RE from 1996, but with extra dark filters on top. 

Also, whats with the random difficulty spikes ? I can forgive the edgelord theme, but the remake should fix all the problems. TCHBO

re had static backgrounds. this doesn't. also, the controls are very different. sure, it hasn't aged well, but it was great back in 2001.