Millenials set to die faster than genX

14 minutes ago, Delita said:

Weird because anecdotes and all that jazz but if that’s true completely accurate, that’s def surprising to me.

Even anecdotally the only people I know that take eating healthy seriously are millenials. Plenty of the delivery multiple times a week crowd, but the macro tracking, organic/vegan, and free range only meat crowd are all millennials.

17 minutes ago, Delita said:

and Netflix is MySpace now. It’s all about that Disney+ and thrust 

It's not the app that matters, it's the lifestyle of just sitting around binge watching.

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Even anecdotally the only people I know that take eating healthy seriously are millenials. Plenty of the delivery multiple times a week crowd, but the macro tracking, organic/vegan, and free range only meat crowd are all millennials.

It's not the app that matters, it's the lifestyle of just sitting around binge watching.

While healthier eating is def on the rise amongst millennials, more so than probably any previous gen,  the rise of unhealthy eating is rising faster at a rate that negates the rise of the subset of crowd of healthier eating. So technically, both are rising at a rate larger than previous generations.  If this was as black and white as the stats show, the obesity rate wouldn’t still be on the rise yoy, at least in NA.

where as before we had the majority of people who cooked fresh dinner at home, we now have a divided set of individuals who eat exclusively organic, non gmo, gluten free, and people who eat out every day for breakfast lunch and dinner. And the latter vastly outnumbers the former.

and yeah I know what you meant with Netflix. I’ve just been seeing this meme on my ig page for the past 2 days and parroted it

13 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Millennials are the fattest generation in modern history. Dude...

The hippie granola eating parents where already meme in the 80s. 

Edited by Saucer
1 hour ago, Delita said:

While healthier eating is def on the rise amongst millennials, more so than probably any previous gen,  the rise of unhealthy eating is rising faster at a rate that negates the rise of the subset of crowd of healthier eating. So technically, both are rising at a rate larger than previous generations.  If this was as black and white as the stats show, the obesity rate wouldn’t still be on the rise yoy, at least in NA.

I mean the millennial age group makes up the smallest subset of overweight and obese Americans and is consistently behind boomers and gen x when tracking obesity deltas for their respective age groups as they change over time. Like, yeah, people are fatter now than they were when boomers were our age, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to put that solely at the feet of millennials.

It still introduces an interesting take on what being healthy is. You disagree, but even if you entertained the idea that millenials eat better but exercise less, is that really healthier?

1 hour ago, Delita said:

where as before we had the majority of people who cooked fresh dinner at home, we now have a divided set of individuals who eat exclusively organic, non gmo, gluten free, and people who eat out every day for breakfast lunch and dinner. And the latter vastly outnumbers the former.

You can eat poorly at home and eat well on the go. You're more likely to cook fresh dinner in a rural setting than you are in a big city, but rural Americans are getting fatter faster than urban Americans.

39 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I mean the millennial age group makes up the smallest subset of overweight and obese Americans and is consistently behind boomers and gen x when tracking obesity deltas for their respective age groups as they change over time. Like, yeah, people are fatter now than they were when boomers were our age, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to put that solely at the feet of millennials.

It still introduces an interesting take on what being healthy is. You disagree, but even if you entertained the idea that millenials eat better but exercise less, is that really healthier?

You can eat poorly at home and eat well on the go. You're more likely to cook fresh dinner in a rural setting than you are in a big city, but rural Americans are getting fatter faster than urban Americans.

My point is that a a segment of millennials are more overly health conscious than previous genS, purely as a direct result of the current climate of over indulgence in gluttony and obesity which has sweeped America. 

and yeah I put that on the blame of millennials  because this is what they like, and this is why it’s gotten as bad as it has. The target audience for marketing is always 18-35 which is the de facto age of millennials, and who you see mostly at any fast food or resteraunt location.

it’s definitely noticeable, because it’s gotten so bad, the young hipster crowd is doing what they can. But they’re far from the majority.

prevuous gens didn’t have to to go completely vegan or use buzz words like organic and gluten free because the modern American diet isn’t as disgusting as it is today where one take out lunch has more calories than what’s needed for your daily recommended.

and in response to you comment about eating healthy vs excersing...eating healthy wins every time. Absolutely. As the saying goes, you can work out 12 hours a day, but you can never outwork a shit diet. A person will become lean and healthy if he does no excersise but eats right. It all begins and ends with what people put in their mouths.

54 minutes ago, Delita said:

My point is that a a segment of millennials are more overly health conscious than previous genS, purely as a direct result of the current climate of over indulgence in gluttony and obesity which has sweeped America.

Why is that something to criticize millenials for, though? If a segment of millennials are health conscious because America has had a gross fascination with fast food, soda, and sugar over the last couple decades, shouldn't that be a positive thing? It's not like gen x or boomers are the ones with that segment of health consciousness.

and yeah I put that on the blame of millennials  because this is what they like, and this is why it’s gotten as bad as it has.

Dude, every generation eats like shit. Boomers ate like shit 20 years ago, they eat like shit now, but it's their kids' fault for the proliferation of fast food and casual dining? Come on.

The target audience for marketing is always 18-35 which is the de facto age of millennials, and who you see mostly at any fast food or resteraunt location.

Gen X and boomers outspend millennials on fast food and casual dining.

it’s definitely noticeable, because it’s gotten so bad, the young hipster crowd is doing what they can. But they’re far from the majority.

Yeah, we're definitely not talking about the majority here. Shit, almost 75% of adults in the US are overweight.

prevuous gens didn’t have to to go completely vegan or use buzz words like organic and gluten free because the modern American diet isn’t as disgusting as it is today where one take out lunch has more calories than what’s needed for your daily recommended.

Sure, but it's not like the American diet happened overnight.

and in response to you comment about eating healthy vs excersing...eating healthy wins every time. Absolutely. As the saying goes, you can work out 12 hours a day, but you can never outwork a shit diet. A person will become lean and healthy if he does no excersise but eats right. It all begins and ends with what people put in their mouths.

Sure, but weight isn't the end all be all of health is what I was getting at. You can be 150 pounds and sit in a chair all day and still be unhealthy both because the calories you consume are nothing but junk and that exercise does more for your health than just burn calories. The former is pretty unlikely considering there's a high correlation between eating junk food and being overweight, but the latter point is what I was getting at.

I agree with you, though. If I had to choose one I'd go with eating healthy. It's not like the benefits of exercise would outweigh the downsides of downing a litre of Coke and a Big Mac even if we ignored the calories.

Edited by Hot Sauce