Shenmue 3 launch trailer

Just now, Delita said:

I haven’t followed this too much but I hope they’ve made severe changes to the gameplay. Releasing something like 1-2 today is going to be a bunch of 5s for reviews 

they made 0 tweaks. so, you'll probably hate it. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

they made 0 tweaks. so, you'll probably hate it. 

Yikes. I’m not saying I hated the originals, I can still enjoy it since I know what it is. But I think the current landscape of adhd reviewers are not going to be very kind. 

Just now, Delita said:

Yikes. I’m not saying I hated the originals, I can still enjoy it since I know what it is. But I think the current landscape of adhd reviewers are not going to be very kind. 

oh it's going bomb - big time. but i don't care. i need to get my revenge!

• Like 1
Just now, Delita said:

Yeah but to be fair this isn't a game where the reviews will matter, pretty much 90% of the people getting it are already sold on it because of their history with the series.

• Like 2
Just now, Delita said:

I can already hear jim serling going on a rant with his obnoxious attitude and  British accent criticizing this game while feeling superior because he can see through it while plebs who enjoy it can’t.

and that's fine. this game is for the fans. it's not designed to wow critics :) 

15 minutes ago, Delita said:

its also trendy in the current landscape to like shenmue and the dreamcast now. 

but yeah, like death starnding, this is basically review-proof. the shenmue series is on the mount rushmore of cult classics.

13 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

its also trendy in the current landscape to like shenmue and the dreamcast now. 

but yeah, like death starnding, this is basically review-proof. the shenmue series is on the mount rushmore of cult classics.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Like you said it’s currently trendy to like shenmue but a lot of it comes off as fake boys who don’t know what they’re really in for.

and I think you underestimate the fickleness of western media where they’ll turn on any series or developer on the blink of an eye. Shit like famitsu will always gobble anything from big name Japanese studios and give perfect tens. 

I thought Team Ico was basically a critical darling and was review proof but tlg reception was nowhere near ico or sotc, and I loved it more than both.

death stranding, similarly is not being as praised as much as any mgs including mgsv, which was horrible.

49 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

First Shenmue is trash. Second one is great. You can't compare the two quality wise.

Nah, 2 is good but it’s got some bullshit time wasting stuff as well. I played through the remaster and used a guide a couple of times to save myself hours of trial and error.

55 minutes ago, Delita said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Like you said it’s currently trendy to like shenmue but a lot of it comes off as fake boys who don’t know what they’re really in for.

and I think you underestimate the fickleness of western media where they’ll turn on any series or developer on the blink of an eye. Shit like famitsu will always gobble anything from big name Japanese studios and give perfect tens. 

I thought Team Ico was basically a critical darling and was review proof but tlg reception was nowhere near ico or sotc, and I loved it more than both.

death stranding, similarly is not being as praised as much as any mgs including mgsv, which was horrible.

ds/tlg reception were still positive overall and closer to the upper end of the scale than the 5/disaster/flop of the gen many thought they would be. i think it’ll be comparable to the former.

also i meant review proof in the sense that any negative reviews don’t really matter. they’re all cult/niche games that serve their audience, and bolster Sony’s/PlayStations strong japanese rep.

Edited by Quad Damage

the first shenmue will always be a masterpiece to me. it was the first time i felt like i was in a true virtual world (this was fall 2000). i would spend hours playing space harrier to kill time. i also got every cut scene in the game. 

• Like 1