Looks like MS isn't doing nextgen/Scarlett exclusives anytime soon

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Its what insiders said a long time ago. Will be funny if the only non cross gen games are actually third party games.

Sony will be doing tge same thing too. 

Cross gen games for the first year maybe year and a half. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Jim Ryan said PS5 exclusives are their goal since they to sell as many and as fast as possible.

Plus PS5 is probably launching with a BluePoint remake exclusive, and we are going to get more than that.

55 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They didn't really do any cross gen this generation unless you consider remasters ~9-12 months out cross gen during transition from PS3 to PS4. :shrug: Sony has stated they want to transition people over to PS5 as quickly as possible so in order to do so they'll be focusing their first party on PS5 games that won't appear on PS4 just like PS4 was to PS3.

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Phil Spencer said this shit a long time ago, I don't need to sell you a new console to make money, and suggested the same shit yesterday

But it makes sense for them since all their games are on PC, they have One S cloud server farms, and low powered PCs/Laptops.

You are not even seeing it the way MS are looking at it.  They see it in a different perspective.  Their games are on PC because they ARE pc.  99.9 percent of people who game on laptops or desktop computers which is pretty much the only place where you can elevate graphics with discreet video cards is MS.  Windows runs on all of them.

On top of that, MS is developing a cloud streaming architecture that will allow them to host games on non Windows based OS's,  I'm not sure why people like you are criticizing?  Who cares.. it doesn't affect you.. I'm sure MS has an idea about what they are doing.  They are a very wealthy company after all and they had to make smart business moves to make it to where they are today.

MS Windows/PC and Xbox are all the same.  Same company owns them so they have their own point of view on making money.  You're still in the old console sony vs sega vs whatever mode.  It's almost 2020 bro this is how it is now.  It's all about who will ultimately win and own it all.  The battle is just beginning.

Edited by Spicalicious
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

You are not even seeing it the way MS are looking at it.  They see it in a different perspective.  Their games are on PC because they ARE pc.  99.9 percent of people who game on laptops or desktop computers which is pretty much the only place where you can elevate graphics with discreet video cars is MS.  Windows runs on all of them.

MS Windows/PC and Xbox are all the same.  Same company owns them so they have their own point of view on making money.  You're still in the old console sony vs sega vs whatever mode.  It's almost 2020 bro this is how it is now.  It's all about who will ultimately win and own it all.  The battle is just beginning.

Yeah we know why MS is doing it, missing out on low spec PCs and a 50 million userbase with an AAA budget game on gamepass is moronic. We know the reasons.

The issue this sucks ass for Scarlett which is already devalued by all this multiplat shit.

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Yeah we know why MS is doing it, missing out on low spec PCs and a 50 million userbase with an AAA budget game on gamepass is moronic. We know the reasons.

The issue this sucks ass for Scarlett which is already devalued by all this multiplat shit.

You people are scared of change.

They're doing it because they're smart.  MS has owned the gaming pc market for many decades.  It's the same company that release Xbox consoles. 

Edited by Spicalicious
37 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

They didn't really do any cross gen this generation unless you consider remasters ~9-12 months out cross gen during transition from PS3 to PS4. :shrug: Sony has stated they want to transition people over to PS5 as quickly as possible so in order to do so they'll be focusing their first party on PS5 games that won't appear on PS4 just like PS4 was to PS3.

Im including 3rd parties in this too..... tons of cross gen titles were released the first 1.5 years.  3rd parties will do that again in order to sell to the largest possible base...until Scarlett and PS5 have a decent sized userbase. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Im including 3rd parties in this too..... tons of cross gen titles were released the first 1.5 years.  3rd parties will do that again in order to sell to the largest possible base...until Scarlett and PS5 have a decent sized userbase. 

Yeah, 3rd parties always do cross gen so it doesn't make sense to even bring it up. This has been the case for several generations. :clint:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, 3rd parties always do cross gen so it doesn't make sense to even bring it up. This has been the case for several generations. :clint:

It makes sense to bring it up because the bulk of software will be 3rd party :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It makes sense to bring it up because the bulk of software will be 3rd party :shrug:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

My response was to this. I don't care about 3rd parties because it's automatic for them to support as many platforms as possible. :francis: Sony almost never does cross gen, just remasters months out. Microsoft is clearly talking about supporting Xbox One family of consoles even after Scarlett launches, something Sony likely won't do with PS4. They'll just leave that to the 3rd parties.

Since there really isn't a need for remasters anymore I definitely see sony doing cross gen . Ghosts , tlou and whatever other game they have should have free ps5 enhancements .

Then they probably won't have any other big games another year in .

I doubt they will launch with ps5 exclusives that arent on ps4 as well .

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Since there really isn't a need for remasters anymore I definitely see sony doing cross gen . Ghosts , tlou and whatever other game they have should have free ps5 enhancements .

Then they probably won't have any other big games another year in .

I doubt they will launch with ps5 exclusives that arent on ps4 as well .

Doesn't seem likely. I think The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and anything else will have their own PS5 version with enhancements and high framerates. You have to take into account that when PS5 does backward compatibility it actually tries to emulate the PS4's hardware by lowering clock speeds, etc. leaving a lot of power on the table.