Elden Ring, Bayonetta, and Valve's next game to be shown at The Game Awards

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

everyone's interests? You mean like with Sekiro which is probably the most quickly forgotten and least talked about souls-like game in existence.

Yea, everyone's interests... Like the constant hope that Bluepoint is working on a Demon's Souls Remake... or that FROM are working on a BloodBorne sequel... 

bubut the most quickly forgotten and least talked about souls-like :cry:  Yea... possibly.  I mean it IS a game that's based around Japanese culture which is a turnoff for some people.. it IS a hard game compared to the souls games.. which caused some people to drop it... and it IS less RPG-like than any of the souls games... so that reduced the games replayability in the eyes of many people...

It probably isn't as talked about... because people had certain expectations of what Sekiro should have been.

Sekiro had a lot going against it... but it's still:

A game that has scored better than any Battlefield game this entire generation

A game that has sold over 4 million copies

A game that will be a GOTY contender

Just behind RE2 for highest scoring game of the year

It's funny how you try to defend Battlefield games when they're literally the same garbage year after year... while calling other games "more of the same".  We all remember the tissy-fit you threw when MW reviews released and reviewers "give COD a pass and hate on BF".. :mj: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, everyone's interests... Like the constant hope that Bluepoint is working on a Demon's Souls Remake... or that FROM are working on a BloodBorne sequel... 

bubut the most quickly forgotten and least talked about souls-like :cry:  Yea... possibly.  I mean it IS a game that's based around Japanese culture which is a turnoff for some people.. it IS a hard game compared to the souls games.. which caused some people to drop it... and it IS less RPG-like than any of the souls games... so that reduced the games replayability in the eyes of many people...

It probably isn't as talked about... because people had certain expectations of what Sekiro should have been.

Sekiro had a lot going against it... but it's still:

A game that has scored better than any Battlefield game this entire generation

A game that has sold over 4 million copies

A game that will be a GOTY contender

Just behind RE2 for highest scoring game of the year

It's funny how you try to defend Battlefield games when they're literally the same garbage year after year... while calling other games "more of the same".  We all remember the tissy-fit you threw when MW reviews released and reviewers "give COD a pass and hate on BF".. :mj: 

Im not sure where you get the impression that im madly in love with BF, I haven't felt captivated by a BF game in a while. In fact I play each new release less than the last one.

But at least the series is honest about what it is, all of From's games practically blend together. They try to sell all their games as 'new IPs' even though they're all the same experiences albeit with a different coat of paint.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im not sure where you get the impression that im madly in love with BF, I haven't felt captivated by a BF game in a while. In fact I play each new release less than the last one.

But at least the series is honest about what it is, all of From's games practically blend together. They try to sell all their games as 'new IPs' even though they're all the same experiences albeit with a different coat of paint.

lmao give me a break dude..  You ARE madly in love with BF...  at least... you try hard to act like you're not disappointed as fuck in it year after year.  We all know you are though... just like everyone else.  I know for a fucking fact that you're hopeful as can be that the next one will "bring it back to glory"..

And no... FROM's new games which aren't actual sequels are all quite unique.  You'd have to be an idiot to think Dark Souls is the same IP as Bloodborne, or Sekiro...  They're completely different worlds and stories with different takes on different mechanics.

They're arguably the best games in their genre... which is something Battlefield can't say for itself.  You're getting tired of the genre?  That's a you problem.. not a game quality problem. :shrug: 

Durr let's go back to ww1 and then ww2 again.. oh let's do Vietnam again!  Hey how about Battlefield Modern Warfare??  Sounds AWESOME!!.... :roll: 

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

lmao give me a break dude..  You ARE madly in love with BF...  at least... you try hard to act like you're not disappointed as fuck in it year after year.  We all know you are though... just like everyone else.  I know for a fucking fact that you're hopeful as can be that the next one will "bring it back to glory"..

And no... FROM's new games which aren't actual sequels are all quite unique.  You'd have to be an idiot to think Dark Souls is the same IP as Bloodborne, or Sekiro...  They're completely different worlds and stories with different takes on different mechanics.

They're arguably the best games in their genre... which is something Battlefield can't say for itself.  You're getting tired of the genre?  That's a you problem.. not a game quality problem. :shrug: 

Durr let's go back to ww1 and then ww2 again.. oh let's do Vietnam again!  Hey how about Battlefield Modern Warfare??  Sounds AWESOME!!.... :roll: 

Lol you're just straight up making things up at this point. I have been extremely vocal about my criticisms of BF, so im not sure why you would bother bringing it up. At least use something like Yakuza, which is rehashed to death but I consistently enjoy those games so it would make for a better comparison.

Regardless, From games are still rehashes regardless of the different settings and themes. They share the same core design, from systems to mechanics to pacing. Just because Sekiro has a grappling hook and a greater focus on parrying doesn't mean its an all new experience.

Edited by Twinblade

I agree, I never thought bloodborne as a new or special IP. People saying soulsborne games think it's elite to play bloodborne or something. They are ALL souls games. It's pretty obvious. 

Edited by kaz
12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lol you're just straight up making things up at this point. I have been extremely vocal about my criticisms of BF, so im not sure why you would bother bringing it up. At least use something like Yakuza, which is rehashed to death but I consistently enjoy those games so it would make for a better comparison.

Regardless, From games are still rehashes regardless of the different settings and themes. They share the same core design, from systems to mechanics to pacing. Just because Sekiro has a grappling hook and a greater focus on parrying doesn't mean its an all new experience.

Because you're a certified BF nuthugger, that's why...  You think having some criticisms of it changes that?  It's all the other little things... like how you instantly jump to defend it whenever anyone talks shit about it as a franchise... or whenever a new COD game comes out and you feel reviewers are soooooooo unfair to BF comparatively and that COD gets a free pass..  The reason why I brought up Battlefield is because it doesn't matter how shitty the previous game is... you're ready and willing to accept that the next one is going to be awesome or at least COULD be awesome... until you're let down again... This is not something you do with other franchises.. and yet a new FROM game and Bayo 3 are.. "meh, more of the same"

Go ahead and think that if you want... but people WILL call you out on it.  Especially when you go on to say "bu but at least BF's tech will be exciting".. BF could have all the tech in the world and it will never be better than a FROM Souls-like game. :reg: 

idk i dont see twinb like that. his opinions about games are neutral and that he wishes BF to succeed is no secret but he's not all over it lol rempee fkn crazy again :mjcry: