what are some goals (non-gaming) you look to accomplish next year?

Just now, HolyAx said:

Also, COPPA next month will fuck EVERY animation channel hard :scared: Its basically gonna divide content between 'for kids' and 'not for kids' with a bot system. So if a bot sees animation the chances of it being labeled are pretty high lol. Also you get like 40k fine if you mislabel a video.

wtf? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyway heres my list:   - Travel more (Also eyeing somewhere in Asia like Japan) - Go harder on my parkour training, including overcoming the fear of doing flips - Improve my UE4 k

- find serious business/animation partners -getting into a new relationship -reaching 1mill subs on YT  (about half way to go) -get back to game dev. for a bit

33 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

If anyone is interested in the new COPPA law on YT 

that's insane! btw, i subbed to that dude. his vid rocked. however, it makes me sad that youtube is becoming so regulated. 

Just now, HolyAx said:

I might need to get another job now lol

that's awful man. however, i'm sure you've been contacted by some big companies. your content is amazing! is there another site that may replace youtube? 

edit: like...a youtube successor that's unregulated (like youtube 2008)

Edited by -GD-
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

that's awful man. however, i'm sure you've been contacted by some big companies. your content is amazing! is there another site that may replace youtube? 

There's Bitchute but I don't think it's that popular so far

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

oh damn, i didn't know. 

1 mill subsribers is a lot. Holy how much you making a month off YouTube? How much did that lucky 104 mill vid make? If I made$1200 a month off YouTube, I quit my full time job and keep going. But I also wonder if YouTube goes to shit, where else can you sell your brand. 

7 hours ago, HolyAx said:

I might need to get another job now lol

Complain and write to the bot makers to do the system right and not affect your bottom dollar. All animators should get together and do this. It's a simpler hey YouTube you hear us? Issue.

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

Complain and write to the bot makers to do the system right and not affect your bottom dollar. All animators should get together and do this. It's a simpler hey YouTube you hear us? Issue.

I wish it was that simple, but its really not 

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, -GD- said:

Yeah, as bhytre has said theres bitchute, but its nowhere near as good at making a living as Youtube. I dont think theres evena  single channel that has a mill subs. Its very small. 

But yeah, I could always get back to freelance, but thats gonna be a very bitter ride, as I will prolly lose all the creative freedom in the process, and will have to make some stupid ads for some soulless company. Dark times ahoy

Edited by HolyAx
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I'd ask why you wouldnt post your yt channel but I understand why you wouldnt . Some irl freaks here LOL

Ha I only know about it because the two of us have worked on projects. But yeah, he’s not big on commingling his YT and SW stuff, especially since he has 560,000 subs. 

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

I'd ask why you wouldnt post your yt channel but I understand why you wouldnt . Some irl freaks here LOL

ironically enough, holyaxe is one of the biggest ones. he would stalk people irl and on the internet 

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

He still won't tell us how much he makes lol. But sounds like enough to do it for a month to month living. Which is great if he's making content he enjoys doing. If I could travel and do the same thing even for shit income, I would. 

yea thats cool but relying on youtube is hit and miss for a lot of people. even if i had something i wouldn't want that kind of pressure. 

1 hour ago, alcatrazkaz said:

yea thats cool but relying on youtube is hit and miss for a lot of people. even if i had something i wouldn't want that kind of pressure. 

my guess is only a few reach huge popularity.  once you do that,

that's bank.  Relying on the youtube model might be risky. I wonder if there's other formats to push your shit.   Holy has enough popularity to keep making bank.

I'm gonna have an online TV show yawll.

3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

my guess is only a few reach huge popularity.  once you do that,

that's bank.  Relying on the youtube model might be risky. I wonder if there's other formats to push your shit.   Holy has enough popularity to keep making bank.

I'm gonna have an online TV show yawll.

yea but next day its all over. also isnt it mostly the people that also show themselves that make real money? because fuck that, some fangays probably stalk and kill you :tom: 

its the same with twitch streamer. but I wonder if you create content like animations and make good money off that, that's pretty cool.

Edited by alcatrazkaz