USGamer via CNet: Amazon Will Reportedly Announce a Cloud Gaming Service Next Year

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/amazon-will-reportedly-announce-a-cloud-gaming-service-next-year?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-stadia-wants-to-be-the-future-of-gaming-so-do-microsoft-sony-and-amazon/

The streaming consumer basically doesn't even exist yet, and the fucking market is already oversaturated. :D

XCloud and PSNow seriously would need to fuck up so badly not to bury the competition.

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

All this streaming services both in terms of gaming, tv and movies is a bubble that’s about to burst. Who the fuck wants to manage 20 different streaming accounts 

I'm pretty certain their business model is purely driven by trial periods ending that people forget to cancel. :reg:

25 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I can see the PS and XBox hardware dudes using streaming as a supplement. Outside of that I don't see shit. 

Amazon definitely has the ability to make a splash by bolting this onto Twitch and giving people something free as part of a Prime subscription.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Amazon definitely has the ability to make a splash by bolting this onto Twitch and giving people something free as part of a Prime subscription.

No doubt just like Google with YouTube... Oh wait. 

16 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No doubt just like Google with YouTube... Oh wait. 

Pretty silly comparison considering there's zero YouTube and Stadia integration with one another at the moment and the service is just a storefront to buy games that have been available other places for awhile. Stadia's failures are shipping an unfinished product with a business model that nobody cares about.

Do you really think Stadia would be indicative of the reception to a Twitch integrated game streaming platform that came with a free tier for Prime subscribers?

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Pretty silly comparison considering there's zero YouTube and Stadia integration with one another at the moment and the service is just a storefront to buy games that have been available other places for awhile. Stadia's failures are shipping an unfinished product with a business model that nobody cares about.

Do you really think Stadia would be indicative of the reception to a Twitch integrated game streaming platform that came with a free tier for Prime subscribers?

Who says Amazon won't fuck up as badly as Google, I mean we assumed Stadia wouldn't be this botched.

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Indeed considering it was a headline feature.

What makes you think Amazon is going to come out guns blazing considering they've already made a move to separate Prime and Twitch in the first place? Twitch Turbo is now a thing. Don't put your money on Prime having any factor in Amazon's game streaming plan, if it even materializes after Google's face plant.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Who says Amazon won't fuck up as badly as Google, I mean we assumed Stadia wouldn't be this botched.

They could fuck it up worse. Who knows?

You said you didn't see any other viable competition to Microsoft and Sony and I offered an avenue for somebody else to see some potential success.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

What makes you think Amazon is going to come out guns blazing

What about that is guns blazing? They already give away games for free through Twitch and it's their biggest gaming brand.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

considering they've already made a move to separate Prime and Twitch in the first place?

Would you imagine Amazon would launch something separate from Amazon Music in the music space because Amazon Music Unlimited exists? It's not a move to separate at all. Other than Audible it's what they do. Offer a free tier of a service to Prime members and then have a higher tier as a separate subscription that offers more.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Don't put your money on Prime having any factor in Amazon's game streaming plan, if it even materializes after Google's face plant.

I think it's pretty safe to put your money on Prime having a pretty big factor in Amazon's game streaming plan considering it's a pretty core concept to push people to their services.

16 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Indeed considering it was a headline feature.

What makes you think Amazon is going to come out guns blazing considering they've already made a move to separate Prime and Twitch in the first place? Twitch Turbo is now a thing. Don't put your money on Prime having any factor in Amazon's game streaming plan, if it even materializes after Google's face plant.

I don't think YouTube and Stadia integration was touting for launch... I could be wrong but I remember it being part of the road map of future plans. 

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

What about that is guns blazing? They already give away games for free through Twitch and it's their biggest gaming brand.

Would you imagine Amazon would launch something separate from Amazon Music in the music space because Amazon Music Unlimited exists? It's not a move to separate at all. Other than Audible it's what they do. Offer a free tier of a service to Prime members and then have a higher tier as a separate subscription that offers more.

I think it's pretty safe to put your money on Prime having a pretty big factor in Amazon's game streaming plan considering it's a pretty core concept to push people to their services.

Lets go ahead and pretend it was, in your words, "make a splash". They are already give away bottom of the barrel games, yes I agree. There's a few good ones here and there, but very few and far, far between.

Amazon Music and Amazon Music Unlimited are one and the same. One is "free" limited version, the other is paid on top ala Twitch Prime and Twitch Turbo, but the latter don't require Prime. You suggested that Prime would be the gateway without considering additional cost which is highly unlikely, and without considering that Prime is a cost in and of itself. Their standard Prime "free" tier is about as free as watching YouTube videos now. I mean, you're saying exactly what I suggested with your last statement except injecting Prime as if it's really free. *shrug* This is going to be a standalone service that costs money; nothing comes free.

I think it's pretty safe that Amazon isn't even going to fuck with Prime at all and it'll all be revolving around Twitch and its services. Twitch is synonymous with gaming, game streaming, etc. so their best bet is to market the service around that, and not something around online shopping and two day delivery guarantees.

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I don't think YouTube and Stadia integration was touting for launch... I could be wrong but I remember it being part of the road map of future plans. 

It was a heavily touted feature, but I can't recall if it was going to be apart of the launch. It doesn't matter either way, it was still showcased, heavily, as a highly integrated service.

You know, now that I think about it more. It might not be a good idea to market the service around Twitch. People could think Twitch Game Streaming is like what Twitch is now without thinking that they could even stream actual games. :drake: 

Edit: If there is a Prime integration then those fuckers better not up the prices like they have been in recent years. :shake:

Edited by lynux3
12 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It was a heavily touted feature, but I can't recall if it was going to be apart of the launch. It doesn't matter either way, it was still showcased, heavily, as a highly integrated service.

Yea it matters if it was showcased as a road map feature then it not being there at launch it moot. :shrug:

Stadia is a service not a console, a service can rebound after a terrible launch because it's not an enclosed box like a console..whereas a terrible launch can doom a console. 

They stumbled out the gate, but let's see if they stick with it for the long haul.