Half-Life Alyx - Official Announcement Trailer

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Wait what, that's good news!

not to me, on rail option sounds like the game is build around that. and the other methods surely won't offer free movement.

Edited by alcatrazkaz
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish people could just admit that they're mad at the game because it requires them to own something instead of not being "HL3" and that they could be excited for the fact that it could actually be a

Yea.  It's awesome that they're supporting all 3 styles.  Teleportation and turning increments is pretty much the standard at the moment and works very well.  The shifting, as you say, is a good mediu

The amount of interaction with objects in that trailer is nuts.

2 minutes ago, alcatrazkaz said:

not to me, on rail option sounds like the game is build around that. and the other methods surely won't offer free movement.

There's no on rail option announced and they confirmed free movement with the analog stick.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

There's no on rail option announced and they confirmed free movement with the analog stick.

I thought locomotion was the on rail VR shit? well, like I said the first real VR game and best game ever :blessed:  

doubting valve :blessed::mj:  

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

So will this game make any money?  People will have to buy a VR unit to play the game?  I already spoke to a few friends with gaming pcs and they're not into the VR at all.. especially if its only to be used on this one game.

It'll sell over a million easily.

34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Somebody is mad :tom:

bub ut valve can't compete with tha big bois :cry:

run along and click that little "surprise me" button for a new gamepass game to play bitch 

Keep pretending this is what you wanted :D

Wipe the dust of of that shtty headset and get ready to suck gabes dick LOL

Just now, alcatrazkaz said:

I thought locomotion was the on rail VR shit? well, like I said the first real VR game and best game ever :blessed:  

doubting valve :blessed::mj:  

Nah, locomotion is being able to move around. Teleporting is still considered locomotion and will be in the game, as will shifting (teleport from A to B but with the animation, basically click to move kind of thing), and full control via an analog stick (the good shit) will as well. They're listed under movement on the game's site:

https://www.half-life.com/en/alyx/vr

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Keep pretending this is what you wanted :D

Wipe the dust of of that shtty headset and get ready to suck gabes dick LOL

What the absolute FUCK are you talking about? 

This is EXACTLY what I wanted.....  I've been on board with VR since the beginning.  I don't give a fuck about a number 3 after the title...  This is a new HL game, and it's going to be better than any 2D HL game would have been.

I'm glad Valve is giving you and all the other VR haters the middle finger :love: 

4 minutes ago, Delita said:

Nobody:

literally no one:

Remij: this is exactly what I wanted from the next half life all along!

Probably because I'm the only one here with a PC VR set you fuckknob :tom: 

I understand you're butthurt as fuck right now.. and the reason I'm not.. is because I have a VR set... so it really doesn't fucking matter to me what Valve decided to do with Half Life.  I even mentioned many times before that for Valve to make HL3, they would have to be able to do something different with it.  It would have to be stellar in some respect to justify it being made.  Since the very beginning I've spoken highly about VR and what it could do for a game like Half Life.

So go fuck yourself :)

43 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It'll sell over a million easily.

Sure but they could've possibly made more money.  Let's say average game price is $60-$70 each across the globe, if they sell a million then they make $70 million.  Releasing the game to the masses would potentially make so much more.

I think I'm going to credit this game as the official kickoff to true VR gaming.  Good old Gaben.  He probably doesn't even care about the money and wanted to show everyone that good VR is possible.  He's old school after all and a lot of those guys grew up dreaming about flying cars and tru Virtual Reality.. I'm sure he's doing it because he has the resources.. and make a little money on the side maybe lol.  Hats off to Gabe. :leo:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

Sure but they could've possibly made more money.  Let's say average game price is $60-$70 each across the globe, if they sell a million then they make $70 million.  Releasing the game to the masses would potentially make so much more.

I think I'm going to credit this game as the official kickoff to true VR gaming.  Good old Gaben.  He probably doesn't even care about the money and wanted to show everyone that good VR is possible.  He's old school after all and a lot of those guys grew up dreaming about flying cars and tru Virtual Reality.. I'm sure he's doing it because he has the resources.. and make a little money on the side maybe lol.  Hats off to Gabe. :leo:

Well it's undeniable that they could have made tons more money from it if it was a traditional game :D 

They're not worried about that though.  They're more interested in pushing boundaries and playing with the tech than making money off Half Life anymore.  I have no doubt in my mind that this isn't "HL3" because that game will exist in the traditional sense eventually.. but this game is a test to see what is possible and how receptive the fanbase is to it.

Zm5f9C4.jpg

:blessed: 

I wish people could just admit that they're mad at the game because it requires them to own something instead of not being "HL3" and that they could be excited for the fact that it could actually be a stellar experience not possible on any other platform than VR..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

Zm5f9C4.jpg

:blessed: 

I wish people could just admit that they're mad at the game because it requires them to own something instead of not being "HL3" and that they could be excited for the fact that it could actually be a stellar experience not possible on any other platform than VR..

wow! the vr killer app!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

wow! the vr killer app!

I've watched the trailer like 10 times now.  So good.  I can already sense what this is going to look like and feel like in the head set.

Gonna be so godly.  Just 4 months away :glad: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

I've watched the trailer like 10 times now.  So good.  I can already sense what this is going to look like and feel like in the head set.

Gonna be so godly.  Just 4 months away :glad: 

how much is the device?