So after putting it off for so long, I’ve finally beat DOOM 2016..

I bought it on sale a few days ago and went onto multiplayer right after the first mission because it bored me to death. 

yesterday I played the second mission, same again. I think it will take a few months until I finish it. I want to play it in one sitting, going through hell and shit, but I just can't. 

the multiplayer is really fun for me though, the game is a lot easier than other arena shooter on PC (quake, UT) but it is just so much fun to play. played like 15 hours or so already.

this game has the best grenades launcher in any game ive ever played :D   it takes skill to hit individual targets but man if you play any of the capturing modes and you see a few peeeps taking a flag it feels so good to spam grenades to get multiple kills :glad: 

also the tesla rocket lmao :tom: 

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I think it's designed better for second/third runs.

yes, i feel the game drags the speed down because i have no idea where to go. the environments are confusing sometimes and there is always a pause between fighting demons.

also the stupid pick ups, i don't understand why I have to walk to a corpse (that is highlighted) to press "use" to get some shitty upgrade. totally kills the flow for me. 

(make the upgrades so you automatically pick them up and then use them in between missions, it's not that hard to make it right. no idea why they thought it is a good idea to slow down and grab some shitty usb stick from a corpse in FUCKING DOOM when you fight hordes of demons from hell :tom: )

Edited by alcatrazkaz
6 hours ago, alcatrazkaz said:

yes, i feel the game drags the speed down because i have no idea where to go. the environments are confusing sometimes and there is always a pause between fighting demons.

also the stupid pick ups, i don't understand why I have to walk to a corpse (that is highlighted) to press "use" to get some shitty upgrade. totally kills the flow for me. 

(make the upgrades so you automatically pick them up and then use them in between missions, it's not that hard to make it right. no idea why they thought it is a good idea to slow down and grab some shitty usb stick from a corpse in FUCKING DOOM when you fight hordes of demons from hell :tom: )

Trye but I think they were going for a more immersive experience hence the way you interact with things.

I didn’t feel it detracted from anything though. Compare it to Doom3 which was more of a survival horror experience.

in Doom 2016, you are the horror..

it gets better as you go on. The game does a good job of making you feel like a badass.

51 minutes ago, strik3r2 said:

Trye but I think they were going for a more immersive experience hence the way you interact with things.

I didn’t feel it detracted from anything though. Compare it to Doom3 which was more of a survival horror experience.

in Doom 2016, you are the horror..

it gets better as you go on. The game does a good job of making you feel like a badass.

the game was originally intended to be a heavy scripted game like call of duty until they started all over again with the old style in mind (doom1&2). 

i think they should've left some modern trends out. that is all. I will play some more and hope the pace picks up

42 minutes ago, alcatrazkaz said:

the game was originally intended to be a heavy scripted game like call of duty until they started all over again with the old style in mind (doom1&2). 

i think they should've left some modern trends out. that is all. I will play some more and hope the pace picks up

It does.

the game is basically a demon slaughter fest and you just find different combos to kill them and more types appear along the way. And wait til you get to the boss battles. 

43 minutes ago, strik3r2 said:

It does.

the game is basically a demon slaughter fest and you just find different combos to kill them and more types appear along the way. And wait til you get to the boss battles. 

played some more, the start was kinda slow but the game is amazing when they throw more demons at you. I think the glory kills for hp and chainsaw kills for ammo is a cool idea.

I picked it up on the Steam sale too. 8 bucks for a replay on my new rig. Gonna install soon.

I'm mostly just excited to listen to more Mick while using bad ass guns.

Edited by Boss
22 minutes ago, Boss said:

I picked it up on the Steam sale too. 8 bucks for a replay on my new rig. Gonna install soon.

I'm mostly just excited to listen to more Mick while using bad ass guns.

the chainsaw soundtrack owns. I listen to the main menu track over and over because of the multiplayer lobbies. but too bad it cuts right off at around 1:15. Not even joking, it goes right into the loading screen for the next map but cuts the audio off :deader: 

the only time I hear the full track is when people leave the lobby and have to wait for new players :mjgrin: 

Edited by alcatrazkaz
  • Like 1