How do you guys feel about Motorcycles?

Too scared . I rode dirt bikes when I was younger and it was fun .

My one friend had like 5 or 6 street bikes . He let my ride one he didnt care about and I dumped it almost immdeiately. I was like , nah I'm good haha 

I had a Ninja zx6r back in the day.. dangerous as fuck since you have no protection and I almost lost control a few times.  Driving too fast because you have the power at your fingertips and inexperience can be a bad combo.  I remember going at speeds of 240 km/h and you have no control. lol.. You just have to lay low on the tank and be with the bike.  I never went higher than 600cc though.  If I had a 900 I could probably hit 300 KM/h

I have a friend who lost his leg below the knee and another friend one who is now in a wheelchair due to paralysis. 

Edited by Spicalicious
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I love mine, and ride it whenever I get a chance. Bikes get a really bad rap, think of them like guns. It's more about the rider rather than the danger of the bike itself. How aware are you of your surroundings? How skilled are you as a rider? How responsible are you and how quick can you make key decisions?

In 13 years and 40,000+ miles I've never been down a single time or remotely close to an accident.

45328229882_dba125de80_o.jpg

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

I had a Ninja zx6r back in the day.. dangerous as fuck since you have no protection and I almost lost control a few times.  Driving too fast because you have the power at your fingertips and inexperience can be a bad combo.  I remember going at speeds of 240 km/h and you have no control. lol.. You just have to lay low on the tank and be with the bike.  I never went higher than 600cc though.  If I had a 900 I could probably hit 300 KM/h

I have a friend who lost his leg below the knee and another friend one who is now in a wheelchair due to paralysis. 

Yeah.. Not worth it. Exactly. My dumb brother bought one. But I think he barely rides it. Just summers to and from work sometimes. 

23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I love mine, and ride it whenever I get a chance. Bikes get a really bad rap, think of them like guns. It's more about the rider rather than the danger of the bike itself. How aware are you of your surroundings? How skilled are you as a rider? How responsible are you and how quick can you make key decisions?

In 13 years and 40,000+ miles I've never been down a single time or remotely close to an accident.

At best id like one for certain safer common routes or maybe in the city like Japan. I don't wanna be on a paper machet crotch rocket every time I ride.

1 hour ago, alcatrazkaz said:

i like how that guy compares bikes with guns :tom: 

It's a good comparison because so many people blame guns for deaths rather than the individuals responsible, motorcycles are largely viewed the same and are misunderstood by so many who do not use them. 

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's a good comparison because so many people blame guns for deaths rather than the individuals responsible, motorcycles are largely viewed the same and are misunderstood by so many who do not use them. 

Makes sense, because you don't  NEED it. But it's something that people like to have. It's dangerous so it needs to be  respected.

Edited by strik3r2
12 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

Yikes. I've seen a vid of the aftermath of an accident in Boston  where a couple of dudes went fast in a tunnel, crashed and got cut in half. And another one where a couple of dudes smashed head on became meat crayons face first. Saw footage of the aftermath of one of them still alive. Everything below his eyes was just obliterated. Just shreds hanging. It didn't seem real. His eyes moved around as he looked around but it seemed like those unfinished animatronics that you see in behind the scenes footage in movies.

With that, those guys were irresponsible. Going full speed and not wearing protection. Only reason I'm looking into a bike is my commute. Traffic is shit..

10 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Damn dude, that's a beautiful machine.

I sat on a ninja 400 at a bike shop just scoping it out. I know it isn't that powerful, but just looking for something to start with.

Either that or a Honda Rebel 500.