Tony Hawk 1/2 getting remade?

5 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

I played the hell out of THPS2 on Dreamcast. 4 on Ps2 and playing online was kinda cool but everything went to shit after.

1, 2 and 3 are the best. never played the ps2 garbo :scust:   wait 3 was ps2 right? ok 

Edited by alcatrazkaz

My favorite skateboarder as a kid was jamie thomas, and i just listened to a podcast with him on it where he talked about the tony hawk games.

he said the game paid him an initial sum of 20k for his appearance in it, and he got a lifetime of exposure because of it. after that, as the games kept selling, he'd be getting checks in the mail that were so massive he was able to start take his skate brand under his own distribution and grow the business (Zero skateboards) which is still the greatest skateboard brand ever. :bow: 

Tony Hawk as well, I remember him saying that he would make more off the game than skateboarding, and activision would routinely send him royalty checks over $1 million.

So respect for the games being so pivotal in growing skateboarding :bow: 

47 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

My favorite skateboarder as a kid was jamie thomas, and i just listened to a podcast with him on it where he talked about the tony hawk games.

he said the game paid him an initial sum of 20k for his appearance in it, and he got a lifetime of exposure because of it. after that, as the games kept selling, he'd be getting checks in the mail that were so massive he was able to start take his skate brand under his own distribution and grow the business (Zero skateboards) which is still the greatest skateboard brand ever. :bow: 

Tony Hawk as well, I remember him saying that he would make more off the game than skateboarding, and activision would routinely send him royalty checks over $1 million.

So respect for the games being so pivotal in growing skateboarding :bow: 

I tried this game but it was too hard ;(

5 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

i can't wait for that to come out on PS4, i've heard it's hard as balls though. It's like skate's flick controls but on roids because each leg is mapped to the movements of the analog sticks.

that sounds atrocious. i want to have fun and avoid the frustration of how real skateboarding is

• Upvote 1