Phil Spencer "VR is not a focus of Project Scarlett because our customers aren't asking for it."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His customers are asking for games but they aren’t getting those either

Got my use out of that dollar. Poured in about 60 hours into Outer Worlds.   ...........and then cancelled that bitch on the last day.       They EARNED that do

48 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I mean,  he is right 

Nobody is asking for VR

It;s cause VR doesn't work with their games on EVERYTHING approach, and they already lost the market to Playstation. The console VR crowd is monopolised by Sony, they can't break through there anymore. They're skipping VR from a position of weakness, not strength.

Edited by Team 2019

PS5 VR is going to be amazing.

The system is really powerful to push good visuals in VR.

PSVR2 will have GOOD controllers, not Move, and will be wireless.

PSVR2 will be a much better and bigger experience than the current VR. Plus Sony is opening three new VR studios on top of partnerships for games.

PS4 VR is like online gaming on PS2/XBox. PS5 VR will be the PS360 jump to online gaming.

Edited by Team 2019

I think VR is a smart way to keep the concept of gaming consoles alive.

Most people, most casuals, will be curious about VR, and they know that the ONLY ROOM in their house/apartment that will have enough space for it is the living room. They know that VR is enough of a curiosity for the whole family to try it out.

It makes sense for gaming consoles to offer this as part of their platform.

What I'm hearing by this statement is further proof that Phil Spencer's hardware R&D budget is limited.  If Scarlett doesn't sell, MS will just let GamePass become a third-party software service, and also offer xCloud, and then phase out the gaming console.

Phil is running out of resources at Xbox.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I think VR is a smart way to keep the concept of gaming consoles alive.

Most people, most casuals, will be curious about VR, and they know that the ONLY ROOM in their house/apartment that will have enough space for it is the living room. They know that VR is enough of a curiosity for the whole family to try it out.

It makes sense for gaming consoles to offer this as part of their platform.

What I'm hearing by this statement is further proof that Phil Spencer's hardware R&D budget is limited.  If Scarlett doesn't sell, MS will just let GamePass become a third-party software service, and also offer xCloud, and then phase out the gaming console.

Phil is running out of resources at Xbox.

It's not like he has a choice, if Scarlett sees One or sub One hardware sales how viable is a VR headset really? Especially when they're late into the game and VR interested people are going to choose PS5 by default.

If they launched VR in 2016, and Sony hadn't entered the game he'd be singing a completely different tune.

5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It;s cause VR doesn't work with their games on EVERYTHING approach, and they already lost the market to Playstation. The console VR crowd is monopolised by Sony, they can't break through there anymore. They're skipping VR from a position of weakness, not strength.

Are you trolling? You sound so gay lol you just make shit up