Phil Spencer "VR is not a focus of Project Scarlett because our customers aren't asking for it."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His customers are asking for games but they aren’t getting those either

Got my use out of that dollar. Poured in about 60 hours into Outer Worlds.   ...........and then cancelled that bitch on the last day.       They EARNED that do

Speaking of PSVR2 potential sales, I see a LOT of people saying that PSVR looks like beta test. They are waiting for the tech to be refined with PSVR2, and that's Playstation owners.

It's a bit like making the Dreamcast or PS2 your online gaming platform, sure it was "there" but shit was rough and it took the PS3 and a PSN overhaul for online gaming to become a real thing.

Edited by Team 2019
17 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Speaking of PSVR2 potential sales, I see a LOT of people saying that PSVR looks like beta test. They are waiting for the tech to be refined with PSVR2, and that's Playstation owners.

It's a bit like making the Dreamcast or PS2 your online gaming platform, sure it was "there" but shit was rough and it took the PS3 and a PSN overhaul for online gaming to become a real thing.

Do you believe the shit you type? :mickey:

Facebook just acquired Beat Games.. the makers of Beat Saber.  So it looks like they're Oculus exclusive from now on lol.. and apparently Facebook said "this is just the beginning" so it seems like there's possibly more acquisitions in the pipeline, and that they're going to be making a big push with AAA VR gaming content.

First with Lone Echo, and now with Asgard's Wrath and Stormland.. Oculus is starting to get compelling games out there to make people want to purchase a headset.  These games don't feel like little tech demos.. they're full fledged games. Lone Echo 2 is coming next year, and Valve is coming with Half-Life: Alyx, which is definitely huge... as well as 2 other big games which are presumably VR titles to help push their headset/Steam VR.  Sony will have Insomniac games as well as the Astro Bot studio making new VR games for sure.

We're at the point now where developers are getting better with designing proper games around these new ideas and controls.. and I think once Sony gets their next headset out there with the new controllers which are in line with the rest of the VR sets out there, we're going to see a healthy amount of quality VR games releasing.

Edited by Remij_
18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Hey wait a minute, wasn't there a patent about the PS5 potentially being a "hub" that transmits video wirelessly.  And that led to a rumor of being able to play a device wirelessly?

Technically it doesn't have to transmit video to a handheld device, but it could transmit video wireless to a VR headset display.

And then, that way, the VR headset could be battery operated, and therefore be truly wireless.

That seems pretty far-fetched, considering that it would need to transmit enough high-res video data, and at a high framerate. But maybe by 2022.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Hey wait a minute, wasn't there a patent about the PS5 potentially being a "hub" that transmits video wirelessly.  And that led to a rumor of being able to play a device wirelessly?

Technically it doesn't have to transmit video to a handheld device, but it could transmit video wireless to a VR headset display.

And then, that way, the VR headset could be battery operated, and therefore be truly wireless.

That seems pretty far-fetched, considering that it would need to transmit enough high-res video data, and at a high framerate. But maybe by 2022.

Remij is more upto speed with this, but from what I understand wireless is not an issue at all. Nevermind when PSVR2 launches, though they could make the wireless part optional to keep price down.

Sony has PSVR patents for everything from controllers, to gloves, to wireless etc.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Remij is more upto speed with this, but from what I understand wireless is not an issue at all. Nevermind when PSVR2 launches, though they could make the wireless part optional to keep price down.

Sony has PSVR patents for everything from controllers, to gloves, to wireless etc.

5G brehs..  With improvements in wireless technology, improvements in compression and taking those technical aspects into consideration as the headset is being developed will do wonders to improve the experience.

Yea I have no doubt it my mind that Sony is working on a wireless/wired headset which will allow you to have a top tier VR experience whether you're wired or set up for roomscale wireless use.  Oculus has to be doing the same thing by now.  With the Quest and Link, the next headset will continue with the all-in-one headset which will tether or work wirelessly and of course standalone.

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

5G brehs..  With improvements in wireless technology, improvements in compression and taking those technical aspects into consideration as the headset is being developed will do wonders to improve the experience.

Yea I have no doubt it my mind that Sony is working on a wireless/wired headset which will allow you to have a top tier VR experience whether you're wired or set up for roomscale wireless use.  Oculus has to be doing the same thing by now.  With the Quest and Link, the next headset will continue with the all-in-one headset which will tether or work wirelessly and of course standalone.

We also have a 5G tablet/handheld patent, if that means anything, if it can be used in VR.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Matt said that XBox console hardware can't be guaranteed past Scarlett. PS6 is going to happen. There might not be a gen after this for MS depending on how XCloud and Scarlett sell.

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP Aza... my god. :tom: 

Pressure Mounts for Xbox’s Missing VR Strategy as PSVR Revenue Nears $2 Billion

https://www.roadtovr.com/xbox-one-x-vr-missing-strategy-playstation-vr-psvr-revenue/

On 2019-11-28 at 9:30 AM, Remij_ said:

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP Aza... my god. :tom: 

Yeah because MS's inside XBox that focus on anything but XBox aren't a signal. :D

Edited by Team 2019

they can't do Single Player

can't do VR

can't do Japanese games

can't do 1st party exclusives

can't do 3rd party exclusives

can't get timed exclusive dlc

can't do baseball

can't do mature games

can't do realistic artstyles or big blockbuster graphics

keep ceding markets entirely, phil. great business strategy, i wonder why you're 3rd place??

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

can't do VR

can't do Japanese games

can't do baseball

can't do mature games

keep ceding markets entirely, phil. great business strategy, i wonder why you're 3rd place??

3rd place? I'm sorry but even the switch is better than xbox. OWNED faggot

4 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

can't do VR

can't do Japanese games

can't do baseball

can't do mature games

But they can do dollar store games 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

But they can do dollar store games 

Got my use out of that dollar. Poured in about 60 hours into Outer Worlds.

...........and then cancelled that bitch on the last day.

b16QgWG.png

KtWVJjG.png

They EARNED that dollar...........the hard wayp_5155030_m_601_m1.jpg

• Haha 3

I can't fucking wait for PSVR 2.0. No more unreliable PS moves/PS camera and higher image quality/resolution/graphics. 

PSVR is currently missing on a lot of high profiles PC VR games, Asgard's Wrath, Medal of Honor, Half-Life, Fallout, Hellblade, etc. The launch for PSVR2.0 is going to be incredible with steady PC ports combined with Sony's usual great first party support.

Haven't played my PSVR much this year besides some old games like Superhot VR (still great) and In Death (godly game). As far as 2019 games goes Carly and the Reaperman (good), Battlewake (terrible), LA Noire VR Cases Files (bad), Sairento VR (great), Blood and Truth (good). Pretty weak year for PSVR, it's definitely feeling like it's slowly dying.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sony doesn't need to release their VR games on PC, but making PSVR2 PC compatiable would be a verywis move.

Yeah, some people actually used PSVR on PC, although the hassle probably isn't worth it.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, some people actually used PSVR on PC, although the hassle probably isn't worth it.

It'll result in more PSVR2 hardware sales and more game support. Lets hope they are wise enough to do this.

Current PSVR is too ghetto for PC.

Plus if you get PSVR2 for PC chances are you're going to get a PS5 down the line.

Edited by Team 2019